• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] Help me become a ISFP

maliafee

A few ways to work on your Se:
Eat something that you like, very slowly. Be aware of the taste, the smell, the texture, the heat of the food.
Touch a tree trunk and note the texture. Then touch a different tree truck and note that the texture is not the same as the first tree trunk.
Take a walk in the park and observe the things that you usually miss.
Watch the sun set and take note of the variety of colors in the sky.
Watch little kids interacting with their environment.
Would anyone like to add to this list???
ISFP

Ooh, I'm with Alice. People sometimes seem surprised by what I mention as far as things I notice (little animals in the bushes, leafy nuance, whatever) out in nature.

Don't just walk through the park in your own head, but breathe in the scent of the dried leaves on the ground and the minty smell of the pine needles, feel textures and rub some dirt between your fingers. Also, I have always been a proponent of walking barefoot in the park.

When I was younger I thought humans were meant to live in giant trees... If I encountered a felled tree that was big and smooth enough I couldn't resist stretching out on it on my back. It was always surprisingly comfortable and it smelled amazing.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ooh, I'm with Alice. People sometimes seem surprised by what I mention as far as things I notice (little animals in the bushes, leafy nuance, whatever) out in nature.

Don't just walk through the park in your own head, but breathe in the scent of the dried leaves on the ground and the minty smell of the pine needles, feel textures and rub some dirt between your fingers. Also, I have always been a proponent of walking barefoot in the park.

When I was younger I thought humans were meant to live in giant trees... If I encountered a felled tree that was big and smooth enough I couldn't resist stretching out on it on my back. It was always surprisingly comfortable and it smelled amazing.

Se is noticing the differences. To become Se stop paying attention to how things relate to one another(Ne), pay attention to how it is different. People watch and pay attention to facial expressions, movements, and notice how different what they are trying to portray in how they are dressed or their movements. The person who is dressed like a celebrity, yet in her face you can see the irritation that doesnt fit in with what you see on TV with a celebrity always smiling. We know what things should be like, we know what theory says, notice when something doesnt fit in with what society portrays.

The person who tries to make it look like they have it all together, yet you can see in their face, their body movements that everything is about to crash. Look for nuances that doesnt fit into the big picture.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Se is noticing the differences. To become Se stop paying attention to how things relate to one another(Ne), pay attention to how it is different. People watch and pay attention to facial expressions, movements, and notice how different what they are trying to portray in how they are dressed or their movements. The person who is dressed like a celebrity, yet in her face you can see the irritation that doesnt fit in with what you see on TV with a celebrity always smiling. We know what things should be like, we know what theory says, notice when something doesnt fit in with what society portrays.

The person who tries to make it look like they have it all together, yet you can see in their face, their body movements that everything is about to crash. Look for nuances that doesnt fit into the big picture.

Yeah, my ex is great at this - he's always noticing people's facial expressions, who looks tired, who is on drugs, etc. He's also great at memorizing licence plate numbers. I barely even notice that sort of thing unless it says MILFMOM or something lol.

I use Se all of the time, though. I like the responses that one person put - about touching trees and looking at the sky and chewing/tasting food slowly. I recommend walking barefoot through the grass. Carve a pumpkin and make sure to run your hands through the guts inside the pumpkin. Watch a really visual film with relatively little dialogue.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Lol, I'm the slowest eatter in my family. I tend to sit there and just enjoy the taste of the food and I let it engulf me. Everyone else in my family eats to fill themselves so they just gobble it down. But I like to take my time and enjoy what im doing. Thats one thing my mother has always applauded me for. That I take my time and I dont let anyone rush me. So if you wanna be an ISFP, just take your time and notice the colors of everything around. Think about the smell thats surrounding you. Actually, for me I notice smells pretty distictively. In most cases, smells bring me back to things that happened in the past and I love it. :D

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
You know what? That is really hard for a NF. We look so much into things, into the soulful and the meaningful that we are always distracted when it's time to look at ordinary, physical things around us. We notice the unnoticeable and the obvious remains unnoticed. :huh:

I notice the unnoticeable too.. It just isn't any more meaningful or soulful than the noticeable

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
KLessard said:
You know what? That is really hard for a NF. We look so much into things, into the soulful and the meaningful that we are always distracted when it's time to look at ordinary, physical things around us. We notice the unnoticeable and the obvious remains unnoticed.
Too true. I too would love to better develop my Se. I'm not very good at "living in the moment". :nice:

True. Then again, I have always gotten the feeling from all NFs (most especially NFJs) that anything I ever did wrong went on some kind of list in their brains somewhere and would come back to haunt me some day. Unnerving, and possibly totally untrue. :->
NFJ here. I don't keep any list, but you're absolutely right, with our strong sense of values we do tend to get irritated and hold grudges easier imo. My ISxP bf is always telling me to "not let stuff get to me".

Generally I'm easy going and get along with anybody, but the moment you cross my concept of what's "ethical and respectful" I have no patience for you. For example, my ex I dated 2.5 years ago I still refuse to talk to (even around mutual friends) because he screwed me out of $1500, and was a jerk in the 2 month relationship lying to me, while claiming to be a "nice person". On the other hand, my coworker has crossed this line unexcusably several times which I still get upset thinking about. But we've learned to compartmentalize work and personal life and are friends outside of work.

A few ways to work on your Se:
Eat something that you like, very slowly. Be aware of the taste, the smell, the texture, the heat of the food.
Touch a tree trunk and note the texture. Then touch a different tree truck and note that the texture is not the same as the first tree trunk.
Take a walk in the park and observe the things that you usually miss.
Watch the sun set and take note of the variety of colors in the sky.
Easy way to do all the above ->> get high. lol

Not that I'd recommend that because then you'd get side-tracked and be unproductive for awhile.