• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTP men and meeting women.

phobosdiemos

MBTI Type
InFj
Enneagram
4w5
Typical responses from a woman when asked by an ISTP male if they'd like to date.

"I love you but I'm not in Love with you."
"Let's just be friends."
"You're too distant."

Seems to be my luck anyway. From what I hear ISTP men have a lot of trouble in relationships and get turned down a lot, at least for relationships (though they seem to be very attractive types).

Why? Is it true? Am I doomed?

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
Actually that means there's hope for you yet...

351Stang

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Typical responses from a woman when asked by an ISTP male if they'd like to date.

"Let's just be friends."
"You're too distant."

Seems to be my luck anyway. From what I hear ISTP men have a lot of trouble in relationships and get turned down a lot, at least for relationships (though they seem to be very attractive types).

Why? Is it true? Am I doomed?

Where are you meeting these women? I've never had any luck with parties/ clubs/ bars, it just seems that us ISTP's energy levels are way to low at places like these and we just end up boring people because we hold back to much... makes it sort of difficult because thats were most of my more outgoing friends meet the ladies.
Through past experiences i've had the best luck meeting women through friends, it seems i don't have any problem being my usual goofy sarcastic self around a stranger if i'm with a couple buddies i know quite well. After that it's not much of problem to set up a 1 on 1 because we're already comfortable with each other.

Nope, just you...

Actually that means there's hope for you yet...

WTF is with all these useless comments you keep posting?? You contribute absolutly nothing and treat this board like it's a popularity contest, if thats all your gonna do just hang out in the bonfire or the fluff zone...

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
WTF is with all these useless comments you keep posting?? You contribute absolutly nothing and treat this board like it's a popularity contest, if thats all your gonna do just hang out in the bonfire or the fluff zone...

Says the guy with 29 posts...

internet-serious-business.jpg

phobosdiemos

MBTI Type
InFj
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah it seems like the relationships I've had (been awhile...) have all been met through friends. I've tried the bar/club scene and it hasn't worked at all.

Now if only my friends could introduce me to women I'm actually interested in :|

Oh well back to my true loves - running, reading, and video games.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe

"Let's just be friends."

"You're too distant."

Not only did I hear those statements bolded but I said those things as well that I have bolded. I think that ISTPs when younger should take note of Keirsey's descriptions of INTs and introversion in general since the Ti in us is quite apparent. The Se comes out much later, if ever. Therefore unlike ESPs, we are introverted and that means one thing at a time. We wreak of not whoring around and appearing steady. ISTPs are going to have this magnetism about them, but also an aura of "this is not someone to have fun with but to take seriously and is a potential mate". From that I always gathered at a young age was people that I found interesting would love to marry me, but since that was not their immediate interest they me as taboo until they were ready to commit. College came and by my senior year I could not count the number of one nighters I had.

So hang in there, but if you are at least 22 then you may want to rethink how you come off to potential dates. Also don't fool yourself because as Jung says about all Ti dominant types, we're the ones most prone to being bamboozled and finding ourselves married before we knew what hit us.

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
So hang in there, but if you are at least 22 then you may want to rethink how you come off to potential dates. Also don't fool yourself because as Jung says about all Ti dominant types, we're the ones most prone to being bamboozled and finding ourselves married before we knew what hit us.

Ain't that the truth. :yes: