• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] uses of type, and why I'm leaving

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
God. What a blast from the past.
Shameful. A soft and silky isfp named sarah seems lovely.
She was really cool. I still remember when she made this thread. She was one of those forum members who exuded intelligence and wisdom from every post. It sucked to see her go.

I kind of regret not reaching out to get her contact information or anything before she left -- but that was before I'd worked up the courage to even post a photo of myself on the forum, let alone contact/meet forum members outside of the forum context.

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
Shameful. A soft and silky isfp named sarah seems lovely.

I think you mean "shame". "Shameful" is necroing a 2 yr old thread.:D

Having said that:

I'm simply not enamored of the way many people use psychological type, and am no longer interested in logging in every day to read complaints and generalizations which have no substance behind them,

those who have chosen to use pscyhological type as a weapon to bash "types" of people who have hurt them in the past (and they're quick to label whole types as being a problem, never just individuals), or people who would rather complain about their relationships or communication problems than actually take steps to make things better.

Never a truer word was spoken.

Bilateral Entry

Internet User
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well uh... there's always going to be people doing shit that annoys you. And pretty much all the time I see people saying things that aren't really logical, for whatever motives. So... sure... people use MBTI to overgeneralize... I don't see how this is a greater issue than all the other stuff people say that are illogical or annoying. It appears to me this sarah got annoyed with something and blew it out of proportion. If I wanted to, I'm sure I could come up with a list of annoying things that people say, and rage quit over it.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
^ Is there a way to use typology that doesn't ultimately result in 'overgeneralization'?

No. There is not.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
God. What a blast from the past.

She was really cool. I still remember when she made this thread. She was one of those forum members who exuded intelligence and wisdom from every post. It sucked to see her go.

Yes! I remember her and this is spot on!

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yeah, [MENTION=4985]sarah[/MENTION] was lovely to have around. I think she would like the forum more these days. Maybe she'll return sometime.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I'm done reading forum posts for the reasons I mentioned, but I wanted to say I've really enjoyed some of the conversations I've had here, and that I really would rather just privately use type in a way that I feel is positive rather than log in every day to see the same old gripes related to contextual behavior being linked to type codes. Anyone who feels like talking with me about type is welcome to send me a PM (I'll get email notification of it) and I will gladly respond, as I've enjoyed meeting a number of people here. :)

(I will not, however, be responding to anyone who just wants to start a fight or diss me for being politically correct.)

The problem with this forum is that everyone wants to argue all the time there have been threads I've made where the sole purpose of them was share my personal experience and they turned into some stupid philosophical argument or debate. This forum was alot better a few years ago now it's kinda gone downhill, too much complaining, stereotyping etc. I don't see a point in why you should leave though the best thing is to just not go into threads you know that are uninformative there are still some interesting discussions to be apart of. People here need to realize that typology is about personality THAT'S IT it's about accepting that every type has both strengths and weaknesses to them that no type is better than one another.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This forum was alot better a few years ago now it's kinda gone downhill, too much complaining, stereotyping etc.

She left 3 years ago, before you joined.

I'd also disagree that there is more stereotyping than there used to be. It used to be very negative about S and F functions around here - now it's a little more balanced and negative about everyone. :laugh:

jixmixfix

Permabanned
She left 3 years ago, before you joined.

I'd also disagree that there is more stereotyping than there used to be. It used to be very negative about S and F functions around here - now it's a little more balanced and negative about everyone. :laugh:

Damn I didn't read the first post date LOL...old as hell thread...Goodbye Sarah wherever you are It's good to know people are still posting about you 3 years after you left.:shock:

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP

I can say the same thing. It's more balanced now, by far... culturally, since there will always be a few who perpetuate certain concepts.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can say the same thing. It's more balanced now, by far... culturally, since there will always be a few who perpetuate certain concepts.

if only those few were less loud-mouthed about it... :thelook:

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
There are various different usages of typology theories, systems or so. But as long as you don't have anything to do, in this forum, anymore, and that you're leaving, take care. :)

wolfy

awsm
Wow, this is an old thread. Quite a few people have gone out like that. isfp can be quite turbulent.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
We're pretty sensitive and can just kind of say "f*** it" and leave.

I hope you don't leave. I like having introverted sensors around, they provide an interesting alternative perspective. I was kind of raised to fit in with an INFP way of thinking, which has its benefits and its positive qualities, but I appreciate hearing other approaches, also.

wolfy

awsm
We're pretty sensitive and can just kind of say "f*** it" and leave.

infp do that too. Must be an Fi thing you have going on. infp are a lot more flamboyant in their burn though. isfp are a little more cool about it.

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
infp do that too. Must be an Fi thing you have going on. infp are a lot more flamboyant in their burn though. isfp are a little more cool about it.

Yeah, prob. an Fi thing. I quit a crappy job one time by not showing up. I was in college and put a note on my bedroom door that said, "If _____ calls, I won't be in. Tell them I'm too busy sleeping." They kept calling for like a week and I just ignored them. I slept for like two days though. I was tired after working two full time jobs. A lady I worked with knew where else I worked and came by in the drive-thru and gave me the bird, lol.

Oh well, it prob wasn't the most mature thing for me to do. I haven't quit like that since then.