• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] What is love to an SP?

Snowey1210

MBTI Type
ENTP
This sort of carries over from one of my responses in another thread, but something that puzzles me about SP's is their perception of love. At times it just seems so spontaneous and off-the-cuff that I wonder about the legitimacy of it. It almost seems like SP's feel love first, and then somehow fill in the gaps later? As a person where love is almost a completely foreign concept I was hoping to get some sort of insight?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Seems that it's more affection for the traits in someone (or someones) which affect the SP, than some kind of ethereal connection.

^That's all you get, so think about it.

Snowey1210

MBTI Type
ENTP
Seems that it's more affection for the traits in someone (or someones) which affect the SP, than some kind of ethereal connection.

:) I get what you're saying, I was sort of thinking along those lines myself I guess I just sometimes naively think that could be more to it? But who knows...

I've gotta meet some NF's!!

wolfy

awsm
This sort of carries over from one of my responses in another thread, but something that puzzles me about SP's is their perception of love. At times it just seems so spontaneous and off-the-cuff that I wonder about the legitimacy of it. It almost seems like SP's feel love first, and then somehow fill in the gaps later? As a person where love is almost a completely foreign concept I was hoping to get some sort of insight?

Love to me is having fun together. Shared experiences.

It's not some kind of ethereal connection. But sometimes there's an ethanol connection.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hmm.. i'm not sure what you're asking.. do you have an example?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

It's not some kind of ethereal connection. But sometimes there's an ethanol connection.

yea, that.

Snowey1210

MBTI Type
ENTP

:D ethanol connection eh? This maybe something I need to explore further.... :cheers:

hmm.. i'm not sure what you're asking.. do you have an example?

I guess specifically I've just sort of noticed that some of my SP friends fall in and out of love so quickly! One week they'll be fawning over someone, and the next it'll be someone entirely new. As an NT, I find this difficult to comprehend as for me love is something developed over a period of time, I need to feel like I can intimately understand where the other person is coming from, and this tends to take a little bit of time to develop. So I guess the real question I'm asking is how is love seen from an SP's perspective? Is it just an immediate fascination, or is there more depth to it? And how does it develop?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I guess specifically I've just sort of noticed that some of my SP friends fall in and out of love so quickly! One week they'll be fawning over someone, and the next it'll be someone entirely new.

:wubbie::wubbie::wubbie:

Honestly, in my past I told girls I loved them, not really knowing what the hell that really means. Becoming a father gave me a new perspective on what love means. The kind of unconditional love I strive to show to my son is a commitment, not just a feeling or infatuation. I will do my best to support him no matter whether I like what he is doing or saying or not. I hope I get the opportunity to show that kind of love to a wife too, I did a really lousy job the first time, because I didn't understand what I really needed to do.

But if not, then meh. I've got a good life anyway. That's the great thing/problem with SPs. We're liable to roll with whatever is happening and as you say "fawn over" many different people and be kinda fleeting. It's like, variety is the spice of life, man. I mean, today I might like redheads the best, but tomorrow it might be blondes and then brunettes. And then Latinas. :D You know, there's so much beauty and greatness of women out there, it's tough to see myself committing to one person. Though I have before. And I mostly sucked at it. So better luck next time to me.

Ner. :cool:

wolfy

awsm
:D ethanol connection eh? This maybe something I need to explore further.... :cheers:

I guess specifically I've just sort of noticed that some of my SP friends fall in and out of love so quickly! One week they'll be fawning over someone, and the next it'll be someone entirely new. As an NT, I find this difficult to comprehend as for me love is something developed over a period of time, I need to feel like I can intimately understand where the other person is coming from, and this tends to take a little bit of time to develop. So I guess the real question I'm asking is how is love seen from an SP's perspective? Is it just an immediate fascination, or is there more depth to it? And how does it develop?

In and out of love is a horny lustful visually stimulated thing. :yes:

Lust. What a beautiful word.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh to live in an SPs body.

Snowey1210

MBTI Type
ENTP
In and out of love is a horny lustful visually stimulated thing. :yes:

Lust. What a beautiful word.

Love or Lust? Are they the same thing to an SP?

Oh to live in an SPs body.

:) Yes, living is in the moment certainly has it's perks by the looks of it, but who's to say continually analysing peoples motives, and over-thinking the possibly of a fulfilling relationship doesn't have perks of it's own..... right..... right... right? :cry:

JRT

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram

:) Yes, living is in the moment certainly has it's perks by the looks of it, but who's to say continually analysing peoples motives, and over-thinking the possibly of a fulfilling relationship doesn't have perks of it's own..... right..... right... right? :cry:

don't over-think! Just do whatever feels right in the moment :) Oh and to me Love and Lust are completely different. Love is more mental for me if I connect with a person and Lust is purely physical.

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP

no and no :bananallama:

Unique

The ability to move on easy doesn't make us flakey or not deep. It's actually a great skill to have... why? cause people are completely unpredictable, yes even NTs and if you have ever seen an NF with a broken heart then.....

well it all just makes me glad I'm a SP.

Our love is usually very deep actually cause we believe in the current moment, the current person we love is what really matters we're not constantly thinking about what "could be".

That said, when things go south in the relationship, we deal with it well and faster than other types. Which is just saving ourselves from unnecessary pain and time wasting really so I don't see that as a bad thing.

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
The ability to move on easy doesn't make us flakey or not deep. It's actually a great skill to have... why? cause people are completely unpredictable, yes even NTs and if you have ever seen an NF with a broken heart then.....

well it all just makes me glad I'm a SP.

Our love is usually very deep actually cause we believe in the current moment, the current person we love is what really matters we're not constantly thinking about what "could be".

That said, when things go south in the relationship, we deal with it well and faster than other types. Which is just saving ourselves from unnecessary pain and time wasting really so I don't see that as a bad thing.

We are awesome aren't we... :yes: