• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] What is love to an SP?

Pancreas

MBTI Type
ISTP
I don’t love fleetingly. Or spontaneously. If someone actually manages to strike me deeply enough that I love them, in whatever capacity, then they’ve got that for a long time.

Then again, if something happens which means I have to move on... then being able to get over it quickly is a good thing.

I don’t really attach any sort of deep meaning to love either. It is what it is.

I personally think that whatever fleeting ‘love’ you happen to be seeing is not really love, but infatuation or lust. There’s a big difference.

What I like most is our modesty. :D

Last edited:

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
I don’t love fleetingly. Or spontaneously. If someone actually manages to strike me deeply enough that I love them, in whatever capacity, then they’ve got that for a long time.

Then again, if something happens which means I have to move on... then being able to get over it quickly is a good thing.

I don’t really attach any sort of deep meaning to love either. It is what it is.

I personally think that whatever fleeting ‘love’ you happen to be seeing is not really love, but infatuation or lust. There’s a big difference.

Yeah I definitely don't "look for love" if it is it is, if not, at least the sex was great right?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I could never picture my ISFP brother romantically loving someone. I can only imagine what it would look like.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
really??
okay...i don't know what i thought i knew then.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
My bro is a little odd/quirky though. So he may not be a great representation for ISFPs "in general".

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the person i'm thinking of may be an infp then...idk.

wolfy

awsm
I can be romantic. Romance is after all something fun to do is it not.

All the planning for a high. I quite like it.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i've been accused of being fickle.
But I don't think i've told someone I've loved them and didn't really mean it. I can like lots of people at once I guess, but the "love" title is a whole different thing. Actually, once I fall in love, it is very hard for me to move on. And once I move on, I like to try to keep in touch with my past loves. They never go for that, though.

And I don't know how I would define love for me as an SP. There are certain traits that I look for, but it is what it is, like someone else said.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

I agree. Any by the way, my answer in this topic is still the best one. :yes:

My bro is a little odd/quirky though. So he may not be a great representation for ISFPs "in general".

You're right. Michael Jackson is a much better representation for us. He's not odd or quirky at all. ;)

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
I can be romantic. Romance is after all something fun to do is it not.

All the planning for a high. I quite like it.

Ditto. Easily one of THE most entertaining things I can think of...

i've been accused of being fickle.
But I don't think i've told someone I've loved them and didn't really mean it. I can like lots of people at once I guess, but the "love" title is a whole different thing. Actually, once I fall in love, it is very hard for me to move on. And once I move on, I like to try to keep in touch with my past loves. They never go for that, though.

And I don't know how I would define love for me as an SP. There are certain traits that I look for, but it is what it is, like someone else said.

Agreed, I don't throw the L word around lightly... and I can like plenty of people at once, hopefully all in the same room :newwink:

anainani

MBTI Type
isfp
It's kinda too personal for me to write about romantic love here, but no, I don't fall in and out of love quickly.
And no, for me it's not just about having affection for certain traits.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So, if an ISTP says he loves me, then it's "on"?

As to the "flakiness", my bff Shorty (an ESFP), is *still* in love with her middle school sweetheart, and he's been dead for a few years (tragic ending). It's really hard on her.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So, if an ISTP says he loves me, then it's "on"?

As to the "flakiness", my bff Shorty (an ESFP), is *still* in love with her middle school sweetheart, and he's been dead for a few years (tragic ending). It's really hard on her.

aww :(... thats too sad.

Frankie-NOTRUST-

MBTI Type
Isfp
Enneagram
i think its because most sp's are pretty open minded to new ideas. every thought is a possibility.

Personally, i get caught up in moments easily. and later i tell myself that i really am in love. which is bull crap. now i am in a sturdy relationship and this dosent feel like any of my past sweethearts so maybe this is love? maybe not. only time can tell.

eh. doubt that helped anyone, but it made me feel better. :D

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
My "likes" can (although generally don't), change quickly and doesn't necessarily mean much, except that I have some attraction to someone at that moment in time.

"Love" on the other hand, is not something that does that, and isn't something I throw around lightly. If I tell someone I love them, I do mean it and it isn't something that changes quickly. Other than that, I can't really put my finger on what specifically causes me to "fall in love", except that it isn't one thing. I can't say that there's one trait or thing someone's done or whatever, it's a long buildup of many of them.