• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Inspiration

anainani

MBTI Type
isfp
What are some things that have been inspirational to you?
It could be a movie, something someone said or did, music, a book, a poem, a cereal box, real people, dead people, fictional people, naked people, your pet, your pets' poop, the poop you've stepped on or been through...whatever.
And the inspiration could be for anything: from creating art to just crying or laughing histerically. Basically, I'm just looking for something that has touched you more deeply, and opened your eyes somehow.

351Stang

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I've been into many extreme sports in the past and have found that when my progression has plateaud or i've lost my motivation that the next best thing to actually witnessing what it is that i'm trying to achieve is a really high energy movie that shows all these crazy athletes jumping off cliffs and racing down narrow trails on their mountain bikes or snowboards or whatever it is that i'm into at the moment. THAT seems to be the key to what really pumps me up and makes me focus on what i'm trying to achieve
Sometimes a really good song does it for me too.

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
It could be a movie, something someone said or did, music, a book, a poem, a cereal box, real people, dead people, fictional people, naked people, your pet, your pets' poop, the poop you've stepped on or been through...whatever.
And the inspiration could be for anything: from creating art to just crying or laughing histerically. Basically, I'm just looking for something that has touched you more deeply, and opened your eyes somehow.

Everything except my cat's poop. :D Seriously, its' hard to identify any particular things because I soak it all in. Quite a lot of what I love (which would be a huge list if I wrote it down) gets put into what I do with my hands. But if I had to describe what touches me deeply, it would be noticing the organic beauty inherent in nature. I love looking at nature closely, and I love finding ways of enhancing my experience of that (as well as other people's experience) in creating art and arranging my surroundings around me by using the colors and patterns I've come to love.

JRT

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram

hmm that's tough. I know with me personally with my job going to all these small towns in the middle of nowhere and meeting different people makes me really appreciate where i'm from. I live on a tiny island in the middle of a bay in new england and I don't know why but I don't want to live anywhere else right now lol. Being away from home also makes me appreciate my family and how close we are to eachother. So yeah right now being at home with my family and friends for the next two weeks is what i'm really enjoying :)

anainani

MBTI Type
isfp
351Stang: Yea, adrenaline helps me to get myself going too. Actually, it's probably one of the things that are most effective. I usually have problems with starting things, but when I start, then there's no problem. So yes, adrenaline helps with getting me going when I'm down (mentally of physically). What kinds of extreme sports have you done?
Sarah: I wrote the topic and I thought afterwards that it's probably too vague.
I don't know how to really explain it. I've just been thinking about some things lately (well "lately" is the last 3 years :D), and I just feel like I am wasting my time. I know this sounds kind of depressive, but I'm not depressed. It's just that there are so many things I want to do and need to do. If, you know, I'd die tomorrow, my life would've been a waste. I put off doing things that I really want to do because in reality, I'm scared shitless and have all these stupid insecurities. I am not living. I want to really live, and feel things and experience things. I read these stupid books to fool myself, and dream all these dreams to comfort myself. Anyway, I just don't want to waste my life. I don't want to be an old, regretful lady, wishing she'd done this and that. I have high standards for myself. I dunno if they're too high, should I lower them, or should I keep them as they are and still try to accomplish them? I don't want to be a president or anyting like that, but I just want to do these specific things. I just don't know how to get over myself.
So, basically, this thread is kind of pointless because I'm searching for something outside of me to inspire me.
I know it's Christmas and New Year's and all. But it's not because of the holidays I'm writing this. It's just been on my mind on and off for a long time. I don't know what to do with myself :blush:
Probably tomorrow Ill tell myself wtf did you write that for :D, and think that these kinds of thoughts are silly. Just live your life as it is and that's all. But all this still stays in the back of my head. It's like I have both this hard-core dreamer and an ultimate cynic in me.
Anyway, I don't want to be depressive. I'm not depressive at all. I am full of joy and energy, actually. I guess I'm just scared and don't believe in myself enough.
:peepwall: I'm probably not coming back to this board :D :blush:

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
I'm inspired by the possibilities in life. I.E. If an idea is presented to me that I was unaware of, I can see the application, and it's something I'm actually interested in: "Really? I can do that?" And once I begin the assessment of the likelihood of this option, I become "inspired" i.e. "lets get it do" which progresses onto "wow, I'm actually doing this"

anainani

MBTI Type
isfp
I'm inspired by the possibilities in life. I.E. If an idea is presented to me that I was unaware of, I can see the application, and it's something I'm actually interested in: "Really? I can do that?" And once I begin the assessment of the likelihood of this option, I become "inspired" i.e. "lets get it do" which progresses onto "wow, I'm actually doing this"

Yea, that's when I feel happiest too.

351Stang

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
351Stang: Yea, adrenaline helps me to get myself going too. Actually, it's probably one of the things that are most effective. I usually have problems with starting things, but when I start, then there's no problem. So yes, adrenaline helps with getting me going when I'm down (mentally of physically). What kinds of extreme sports have you done?

Skiing, snowboarding, bmxing, mountain biking, skateboarding, rollerblading, longboarding, waterskiing, skyskiing, atvs, dirtbikes, jetskiing and more recently 4x4ing, drag racing and wakeboarding.

And anainani, your not being depressive at all, in fact it seems like you know exactly whats holding you back, you just need to confront it to jolt you out of this funk that you've been in for these last few years. I'm sure that once you start to see things go your way you wont want it to stop and that alone will be enough to inspire you to keep progressing!

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

Music, The Simpsons, my mom, Monty Python, my son, athletes and coaches..

and naked people.

anainani

MBTI Type
isfp
Skiing, snowboarding, bmxing, mountain biking, skateboarding, rollerblading, longboarding, waterskiing, skyskiing, atvs, dirtbikes, jetskiing and more recently 4x4ing, drag racing and wakeboarding.

And anainani, your not being depressive at all, in fact it seems like you know exactly whats holding you back, you just need to confront it to jolt you out of this funk that you've been in for these last few years. I'm sure that once you start to see things go your way you wont want it to stop and that alone will be enough to inspire you to keep progressing!

I go skiing pretty often, and have tried jetskiing once, but nothing else from what you mentioned, but I'd like to try everything. I love all that stuff.
And thanks, yes, I need to just DO IT, and not think about doing it that much :)

Hey, a couple of days ago I started listening to classical music, and it's a beauty, dammit. I'm so excited!!! I never really understood it before, didn't do anything for me. I thought just pompous shitheads listen to it, but it was stupid of me to think that way.

Music, The Simpsons, my mom, Monty Python, my son, athletes and coaches..

and naked people.

:D Simpsons :thumbup:
How do athletes and coaches inspire you? :) Just interested, cos I used to be an athlete, and it didn't seem all that inspiring to me :D

Last edited by a moderator:

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
Adrenaline and certain music. And combine the two, and it really gets me to tackle things I otherwise couldn'tt.

Things that get adrenaline up: Skiing, Mountain Biking, Jetskis, ATV's/Dirt Bikes, Explosives, Heavy Machinery, Racing.

Music: Anything really heavy and fast.

anainani

MBTI Type
isfp
Probably everyone's seen this, and it's a bit cheezy, but I like it, it's kinda a little inspirational:
YouTube - Everybody's Free to Wear Sunscreen! (ORIGINAL VERSION)

And this movie is one of my favourites, made me cry...not just like a quiet cry, but like sniffing and gulping cry haha :D (which means that it's really good, cos that doesn't happen to me)
YouTube - Blood Diamond Soundtrack
I like the soundtrack too.

And this book made me interested in books in general. I've read it like 7 times :wubbie: :
The_Alchemist2.jpg

Skyline

I admire your approach (the post) and admire it even more you are an isfp.
I can relate.
:wubbie:

This morning, a book about the analysis of cultural anthropology inspired me. I took it from the library because I could use it for school. I just liked what the writer had written in it, read a few pages.. Can't remember his name right now.

I also feel inspired by myself today. I feel like I'm really in my element. Feels nice. (don't want to make it sound narcissistic)
I could also feel nice because I'm still in my pyjamas and it's already almost evening :yes:

Another thing that has inspired me...errm... I just like food =) I'm not a fatty though. I like sports too. Don't isfp's generally like food? hmmmm (rumble rumble)

I usually get more inspired when I'm outside and when I'm observing or busy with the arts... Music and people also often inspire me... I like written words... (sometimes)

By the way, that sunscreen song IS really nice

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i'm easily inspired.

music, warm winds, nice scenery, having time off from work to do whatever I want, feeling loved, being around good people, fine wines and nice dinners, elderly people, the list goes on.