• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Books for SP's

JRT

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Hey All!

What has everyone been reading lately? I've been reading The Bretheren by John Grisham and yesterday I was in ATL and bought Double Agents by W.E.B Griffin which I left on the plane :doh: I have ADD when it comes to books and will stop in the middle of one and forget about it. So any books to keep me wanting more is greatly appreciated!

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Shel Silverstein? Je ne sais pas. His poetry is good :). And poetry is short, so you're less likely to get ADD.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
I've been reading Rainbow Six, by Tom Clancy. Great series of books for those that like military/political stuff.

JRT

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I've been reading Rainbow Six, by Tom Clancy. Great series of books for those that like military/political stuff.

I think my dad was telling me about that book series today but he couldn't remember the name of it. i'll have to check them out

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I'm reading The Private Patient, by PD James. It's a murder mystery.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
I think my dad was telling me about that book series today but he couldn't remember the name of it. i'll have to check them out

The series of books are usually known as "Jack Ryan" novels, as that's the character who they all follow. Rainbow Six is one of them. Some other ones in the series you may have heard of would be: The Hunt for Red October, Patriot Games, The Sum of All Fears...there's more as well.

Arilee

MBTI Type
ESTP
I'll read anything by Clive Cussler. He writes mystery / adventure books.

If I fancy something more along the comedy line I like Tom Holt.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
The series of books are usually known as "Jack Ryan" novels, as that's the character who they all follow. Rainbow Six is one of them. Some other ones in the series you may have heard of would be: The Hunt for Red October, Patriot Games, The Sum of All Fears...there's more as well.
I have really wanted to read Clancy's work or the Jason Bourne series. I am not a big fictional reader and have been given many books over the years that I have not been able to take time to read. I usually read non-fictional and keep starting and stopping "The Fourth Turn".

351Stang

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I don't generally read books about stories, mostly informative or self improvement stuff such as Introduction to NLP, The Definitive Book of Body Language, How to Win Friends and Influence People, Never Eat Alone, and various repair manuals for my project vehicles and stuff.

wolfy

awsm
I'm looking forward to reading Talent is Overrated. It will be here soon.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Something with unicorns:cheese:
n7203.jpg

anainani

MBTI Type
isfp
9780794518042.jpg

Just kidding, just kidding.

Kerouac's "On the Road" could be a good one for SP's.

Then there was this one book about discovering Antarctica, I don't remember what's it called, and I read it not in English. Anyway, that was the first one that came to mind when thinking about SP books.

I'm reading "Red, White and Black" right now, pretty interesting. I figured I should learn more about US history.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't like reading, but once in a while i'll pick up a book.

Right now i'm reading Barack Obama's book Audacity of Hope,
1984 cause I somehow missed it in highschool,
and The Year of Living Biblically by A.J. Jacobs. Its a humorous account of a guy who tried to follow the old testament literally for a year.. That's my favorite of the 3.

Taking me forever to get through them though. I'm so easily distracted.

1 page at a ti-
oh look there's a bird!!

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I don't generally read books about stories, mostly informative or self improvement stuff such as Introduction to NLP, The Definitive Book of Body Language, How to Win Friends and Influence People, Never Eat Alone, and various repair manuals for my project vehicles and stuff.
Same here. I am surprised by the number of people who do read fiction here. Even after my college days, I would prefer to pick up a text book on a subject that I enjoyed than a ficitonal book.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
try audiobooks, I'm totally a fan, allows me to learn + move and multitask (entps u know)

JRT

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Same here. I am surprised by the number of people who do read fiction here. Even after my college days, I would prefer to pick up a text book on a subject that I enjoyed than a ficitonal book.

Yeah maybe i'm just not a fan of fiction. I read Please Understand me II quickly and that kept me interested. I think I need a good mystery because those keep me entertained :) Ill have to find something with alot of action and excitement.

JRT

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram

Right now i'm reading Barack Obama's book Audacity of Hope,
1984 cause I somehow missed it in highschool,
and The Year of Living Biblically by A.J. Jacobs. Its a humorous account of a guy who tried to follow the old testament literally for a year.. That's my favorite of the 3.

Taking me forever to get through them though. I'm so easily distracted.

1 page at a ti-
oh look there's a bird!!

:laugh: I am totally the same way! I used to be such a good reader when I was young too I miss it.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Maybe I should read the bible, i've always had a soft spot for fiction. Not enough spaceships perhaps

D

Dali

Ah, I love reading; tis my favourite activity next to singing. I'd get through 3 books a week when younger to the point that I was once temporarily banned from extraneous reading by my teachers and parents due to it interfering with my studies. :blush:

My favourites are books of an escapist nature; high fantasy penned by the likes of Tolkien (both Tolkiens), Ursula Le guin, Philip Pullman, Anne McAffrey, the Harry Potter series. Although I do enjoy most genres really; humour (Neil Gaiman for instance), misery-lit (Frank McCourt is my favorite in that genre), even books billed as chic-lit (e.g. Sophie Kinsella:blush:)!

Basically everything but the impersonal superbly-T psychological thrillers.

On a related note, I believe Tom Clancy ought to be boiled in a vat of heated sludge.

me_plus_one

MBTI Type
ESTP
try audiobooks, I'm totally a fan, allows me to learn + move and multitask (entps u know)

I have always thought the audiobooks were on of the most stupid inventions... :huh:
Why would you listen to one? That can't even be called reading...
Besides, I am more of a visual person, I won't remember unless I see it.

I'd recommend, for SPs obviously, 1984 too, it was great. And in the same note, Fahrenheit 451, which was less entertaining than 1984 but still interesting.

And another book that I liked was Trainspotting, I think that is so SPish.