• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Books for SP's

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have always thought the audiobooks were on of the most stupid inventions... :huh:
Why would you listen to one?

Because it's fun. And convenient. And helpful if you're dyslexic or have other reading problems and it takes a looong time to read some books.

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
Because it's fun. And convenient. And helpful if you're dyslexic or have other reading problems and it takes a looong time to read some books.

Some audiobooks are really excellent quality (if the actor reading it is talented, it can really enhance the book), and they're great for when you have to drive distances.

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
Hey All!

What has everyone been reading lately? I've been reading The Bretheren by John Grisham and yesterday I was in ATL and bought Double Agents by W.E.B Griffin which I left on the plane :doh: I have ADD when it comes to books and will stop in the middle of one and forget about it. So any books to keep me wanting more is greatly appreciated!

I am currently re-reading The Power and the Glory by Graham Greene, and also reading Loving Frank (a new fiction novel about Frank Lloyd Wright). I don't often read really new stuff but my husband read it and liked it and wants to know what I think of it.

I read quite a variety, but it mostly tends to be older stuff rather than bestsellers. It's not that I'm a snob (I'm a librarian who recommends new stuff to people all the time) -- I don't know why. I guess I just have taste for stuff that was written earlier in the 20th century, or stuff that was written about the early 20th century.

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
Maybe I should read the bible, i've always had a soft spot for fiction. Not enough spaceships perhaps

Well, spaceships aside, a lot of the Old Testament reads like poetry. :)

JRT

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I have always thought the audiobooks were on of the most stupid inventions... :huh:
Why would you listen to one? That can't even be called reading...
Besides, I am more of a visual person, I won't remember unless I see it.

I'd recommend, for SPs obviously, 1984 too, it was great. And in the same note, Fahrenheit 451, which was less entertaining than 1984 but still interesting.

And another book that I liked was Trainspotting, I think that is so SPish.

OMG I have Farenheit 451! It's somewhere in this insanity that is my bedroom:doh: hmm I had to read 1984 I think back in high school maybe i'll read it again I don't remember much of the story.

What is Trainspotting about?

me_plus_one

MBTI Type
ESTP
Some audiobooks are really excellent quality (if the actor reading it is talented, it can really enhance the book), and they're great for when you have to drive distances.

I agree, but I am more of a visual person and it is much easier to remember the story or even to learn something by reading it, not listening. That's why I don't like audiobooks. But that's just me, for others it's different, as I can see.

OMG I have Farenheit 451! It's somewhere in this insanity that is my bedroom:doh: hmm I had to read 1984 I think back in high school maybe i'll read it again I don't remember much of the story.

What is Trainspotting about?

Haha, I loved that book. Though the language is a bit... hm, not for the weak. Or at least that's what I thought. It's about some junkies and their lifes and the plot it's complicated, I don't even remember exactly. I don't want to start to fanatically praise it, but you should at least see the movie :D

Oh, and I also enjoyed One hundred years of solitude. Yeah, it's sort of a classic but it's probable for SPs to like it, I guess. I liked it.

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
I read ALOT actually which is one of the reasons I was confused about my type as the average SP description makes it seem like we'd all just be completely allergic to books. My absolute favorite Author is R.A. Salvatore. I've read everything he does for Forgotten Realms. Makes you wish for the days when sword-fighting was the preferred method of combat...

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Why would you listen to one? That can't even be called reading...
Besides, I am more of a visual person, I won't remember unless I see it.

I'd recommend, for SPs obviously, 1984 too, it was great. And in the same note, Fahrenheit 451, which was less entertaining than 1984 but still interesting.

And another book that I liked was Trainspotting, I think that is so SPish.
-reads half of it, is bored, writes standardized answer n°2425-: "that's cause i'm smarter than you":hi:

Thank you for your patronnage.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't like reading, but once in a while i'll pick up a book.

Right now i'm reading Barack Obama's book Audacity of Hope,

be sure not to do this for extended periods of time, it could cause vomiting.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I was listening to H. W. Brand being interviewed by Diane Rehm of NPR yesterday. I would like to read “Traitor to His Class: The Privileged Life and Radical Presidency of Franklin Delano Roosevelt”.