• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SP interests.

xx00oo00xx

MBTI Type
Ixxx
*Playing video games -- current favorite: Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (Xbox)
*Looking up information online -- yep; tend to do it in intense surges, rather than spaced out
*Writing fiction -- no
*Drawing -- a lot when I was younger (actually thought of art school); now whenever I feel particularly inspired and have the time
*Computer Programming -- nope,
*Studying Philosophy -- yep; like Tao Te Ching, subjectivism, memes
Tao Te Ching
YouTube - Dan Dennett: Ants, terrorism, and the awesome power of memes
*Learning Mathematics -- not great at it but currently reading "Godel, Escher & Bach" (deals with the nature of systems and thought)
Gödel, Escher, Bach - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
*Reading fiction -- never much interest; liked Clancy's "Rainbow Six" and "Without Remorse"
*Reading comics -- attracted to the artwork, nature of characters and storyline, in that order
*Reading the newspaper -- rarely; maybe for cars or some crime that makes me think about poetic justice
*Watching television -- fair bit (usually while also on laptop); Bill Mahr's good; not loyal to any shows really, other than Seinfeld; like jeopardy (prefer to keep that on the low); prefer movies

maliafee

I love making things (sewing, cooking, baking, building, etc.). I love working with my hands... gardening, playing the piano, writing songs, etc.
Music is really important. I also play in a band.

SP's don't like getting too abstract (even when we talk about abstract concepts we keep it concrete, tell anecdotes about the subject, state opinions -- we don't philosophize typically).

I also love learning languages. I enjoy learning and my interests go in spurts... a few weeks creating a massive family tree on ancestry.com obsessively, a few weeks studying the structure of Scottish Gaelic, a few weeks of working on a new song, etc. I switch around a lot and when I'm bored, there are always a lot of interests/projects to fall back on.

Also, how inclined/disinclined are you to the following activities:

Playing video games I like 2-D style games (Nintendo), puzzle games (like Tetris) and car racing games. I don't do it hardly ever, though. If I had a game system I could get obsessed... :D

Looking up information online I do this all the time, quickly and easily.

Writing fiction I love to write but find that I am not very good at plots...

Drawing I draw photorealistic pencil drawings.

Computer Programming Nope.

Studying Philosophy I have skimmed, mainly for the sake of my INTJ brother. Don't enjoy it.

Learning Mathematics I like basic math... that's it.

Reading fiction I more enjoy nonfiction - but some fiction can be good.

Reading comics Sometimes - but mainly funny stuff, like Calvin and Hobbes, or the old Donald Ducks by Carl Barks.

Reading the newspaper Would if I got the paper. I read the news online.

Watching television Love it when I wanna relax.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Okay... what kind of things are SPs (or at least, you personally if you are one) interested in doing? Name anything that you can think of.

Also, how inclined/disinclined are you to the following activities:

*Playing video games - Love them, video games are amazing, like almost every type.
*Looking up information online - yes, I do this often. Like exploring websites for information and such.
*Writing fiction - not really inclined.
*Drawing - yes, i like to draw, and am good at it. I used to love drawing even more as a kid. I would have made a great cartoonist.
*Computer Programming - Yes, I enjoy it ONLY if i know what i'm doing. If i don't know the language well, then I'll find it frustrating trying to do the program.
*Studying Philosophy - Don't know much about philosophy but from what I do know, it seems like a very interesting subject that I wouldn't mind studying.
*Learning Mathematics - Meh, I don't really like math, but I'm very good at it.
*Reading fiction - Not a big reader, sometimes I read but not often.
*Reading comics - I'll read them from time to time but normally don't find them too funny.
*Reading the newspaper - not really, I'd rather look up the news online.
*Watching television - I like watching tv if something good is on. But if something good isn't on, it's kind of a waste.

bananafish

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
I usually like doing...whatever in my spare time. lol. I love spending time with my bf though... Yay cuddling! :'D

But he lives far away so it's kinda hard. Usually when I'm not on the phone or IMing him, I'm making gifts or doing artsy stuff. I also just like getting up and dance or make alot of noise. I'm mostly pretty boring. Haha.

*Playing video games - not so much. I'd rather get up and do something instead of sit around.
*Looking up information online - I do this ALOT.
*Writing fiction - Nah, I'd like to, but it just all stays into my head.
*Drawing - I love drawing. I don't have much time for it nowadays but I get alot of relaxation from drawing.
*Computer Programming - Err... not my cup o' tea, really. It is for my bf though (he's an ISxP too).
*Studying Philosophy - depends if it's interesting enough or has some use.
*Learning Mathematics - gross.
*Reading fiction - I used to ALOT when I was younger. Now it's more of a thing I do when I'm super bored.
*Reading comics - If they're amusing enough and I have nothing to do.
*Reading the newspaper - Sparingly. Or when I'm in a room filled with strangers and there just happen to be a newspaper lying right there next to me.
*Watching television - Ehh.... used to alot, but not so much now. I hardly do. I'd rather do something with my hands or talk/hang with my buddies. [: OR! Surf online. Haha. :D

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*Playing video games = NEVER
*Looking up information online = EVERYDAY, for WORK and PLAY
*Writing fiction = NOPE, I'D RATHER DO INTERESTING THINGS IN REAL LIFE
*Drawing = YUP! FOR WORK and PLAY, AT LEAST A FEW TIMES per WEEK
*Computer Programming = YES, SQL Programming, A FEW TIMES PER WEEK
*Studying Philosophy = DID A LITTLE, GOT BORED, WENT TO THE GYM
*Learning Mathematics = I KNOW WHAT I NEED TO, I CAN LEARN MORE IF NEEDED
*Reading fiction = THAT REQUIRES SITTING STILL
*Reading comics = SURE, A SHORT TIME COMMITMENT, UNTIL I GET BORED
*Reading the newspaper = A FEW TIMES PER WEEK, JUST THE FRONT PAGE and the CLASSIFIEDS
*Watching television = HARDLY EVER, IN THE LAST 15 YEARS I HAVE WATCHED LESS THAN 24 HOURS of TELEVISION, I GUARANTEE IT.

So what do I do other than the stuff above?

* Workout at the gym 3 times per week
* Jam on my synthesizers and guitars
* DJ in my den with headphones on while the kids are asleep
* B.S. with my friends over a few cocktails
* Work in my yard, I freaking love plants, trees, shrubs, etc.
* Do side jobs to make extra money, whenever possible, money is always good to have around!

I can't sit still very long, I just don't have it in me. If there's action nearby, I'm in it. Boredom and hunger are the two primary evils of my existence.

:)

-Alex

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've suddenly become interested in auto racing.

But not the ones where they just go in a circle. Does anyone here know about the ones where they actually have some variety in the tracks? I dunno what any of them are called, but I'd like to watch one of the variety ones. :)

wolfy

awsm
that didnt take me to the right place I dont think.

Am I missing something? I get the feeling I'm missing a joke.
The links down the bottom of the post are racing links.

I love racing.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Am I missing something? I get the feeling I'm missing a joke.
The links down the bottom of the post are racing links.

I love racing.

Nah, no joke, your link didn't take me to the post with the racing links. Probably because the link is page specific, and our pages are obviously not the same length. It's okay, because I can just go back in your thread and find it anyway, but just a tip if you want to link a specific post, use the link under the number (for instance #73) rather than the one under where it says (permalink) and then everyone will get the same link, regardless of what their page length is set at. :)

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Anything that makes me think. Once I figured it out I get bored with it, until I need to apply it for someone else.

wolfy

awsm
Nah, no joke, your link didn't take me to the post with the racing links. Probably because the link is page specific, and our pages are obviously not the same length. It's okay, because I can just go back in your thread and find it anyway, but just a tip if you want to link a specific post, use the link under the number (for instance #73) rather than the one under where it says (permalink) and then everyone will get the same link, regardless of what their page length is set at. :)

OK Thanks for the tip. I fixed the link.

Here's a nice little intro
Rally Top Gear - The Best Of Wrc 2000

b4b

MBTI Type
xSFP
*Playing video games
---I try not to get into it, I know I would be hooked if I did...
*Looking up information online
---do it ALL the time
*Writing fiction
---no interest
*Drawing
---can do it very well, but lately no time for it
*Computer Programming
---no interest
*Studying Philosophy
---not really, prefer psychology, sociology
*Learning Mathematics
---only if it helps me to figure certain things out