• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SP interests.

Mallow

MBTI Type
ISFP
*Playing video games (never)
*Looking up information online (all the time)
*Writing fiction (never)
*Drawing (when the mood strikes)
*Computer Programming (it's my job and it's a thrill when it all finally WORKS)
*Studying Philosophy (not really)
*Learning Mathematics (never)
*Reading fiction (non-fiction only)
*Reading comics (in the Sunday paper, as a habit acquired in childhood)
*Reading the newspaper (scan it for something interesting)
*Watching television (don't have one and haven't for years)

I love to garden, be in gardens, hike, or just sit still in nature.

Sometimes it feels so good to just breathe and be alive that I couldn't possibly want anything else.

Hirsch63

MBTI Type
IS??
Also, how inclined/disinclined are you to the following activities:

*Playing video games: When I was about 17 to 22...then I quit, cold turkey.
*Looking up information online: On an as needed basis. Use it extensively for genealogy. Love to just search random artwork though.
*Writing fiction: No.
*Drawing: Yes, quite a bit in my work and for fun.
*Computer Programming: No.
*Studying Philosophy: Yes.
*Learning Mathematics: As needed for work, geometric proportions etc. A poor student of the subject in school. I dropped algebra and took ceramics.
*Reading fiction: Not Much. Mysteries or detective if anything.
*Reading comics: There are not many good comics left. Do enjoy the graphic novel though.
*Reading the newspaper: Sunday, Yes...and the crossword.
*Watching television: Select shows, maybe 5 hours a week.
*Playing a mucical instrument: Yes
*Reading Non-fiction: Yes
*Enjoy magic shows: No
*Cooking: yes

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP
*Playing video games-I played videogames like Bugs Bunny and Pacman. Can't remember much...
*Looking up information online-I do this MOST OF THE TIME...just because when I'm not using the computer, my brother is the one using it, so if not for him, I'd be online ALL THE TIME.
*Writing fiction-Well, I wrote a love story and it was based on my fantasy with my ultimate crush but since the magic had died, I wasn't inspired to finish the story anymore.
*Drawing-I started with drawing people when I was 5, and now, I'm into abstract art.
*Computer Programming-I practically disdain it.
*Studying Philosophy-I only like the love vs. infatuation part.
*Learning Mathematics-I really had a hard time w/ this.
*Reading fiction-Well, I'll read them for a while and then some nonfiction book/magazine catches my attention.
*Reading comics-I don't like reading comics.
*Reading the newspaper-depends on the topics
*Watching television-I really love to watch TV.

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay... what kind of things are SPs (or at least, you personally if you are one) interested in doing? Name anything that you can think of.

Also, how inclined/disinclined are you to the following activities:

*Playing video games
*Looking up information online
*Writing fiction
*Drawing
*Computer Programming
*Studying Philosophy
*Learning Mathematics
*Reading fiction
*Reading comics
*Reading the newspaper
*Watching television

Interests/hobbies: Painting, drawing, sculpting, writing, baking, sewing, movie-making, music, psychology, surfing, spirituality, personal growth, interior design, culture, learning about anything that will improve the qulaity of my life, learning about how things work particularly gadget type things and everything to do with human beings, baseball/softball, playing the piano, dancing...erm I can't think of anything else at the moment although there very well may be more.

*Playing video games
Not so much. Only every once in a while.

Very inclined. Especially if it's researching psychology.

*Writing fiction
Inclined. Not REALLY inclined but inclined. I occasionally write poetry and short stories. I was planning on writing a novel but who knows if I'll ever go through with it.

*Drawing

VERY VERY inclined. I do it all the time. I love it.

*Computer Programming
Meh. Not so much.

*Studying Philosophy
Not much at all really although once in a while I will discuss the philosphy of different aspects of morality.

*Learning Mathematics
It all depends on the teacher. Every time I've had a good teacher I've loved math. I doubt I would go learn it on my own though.

*Reading fiction
When I was younger I used to be more into it. Now not so much.

*Reading comics
Nah.

*Reading the newspaper
Nah.

*Watching television
Not so much. I don't like watching a lot of TV. If it's not educational I feel like I'm wasting my life when I watch it. Lucky for me my favorite stuff usually is educational. My favorite channels are HGTV, TLC, and Discovery. But I still try not to watch too much of that either.

Unique

I find it interesting that most of us aren't big on maths!... but hey thats what we invented computers for right?

JRT

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
*Playing video games (never)
*Looking up information online (all the time)
*Writing fiction (never)
*Drawing (when the mood strikes)
*Computer Programming (it's my job and it's a thrill when it all finally WORKS)
*Studying Philosophy (not really)
*Learning Mathematics (never)
*Reading fiction (non-fiction only)
*Reading comics (in the Sunday paper, as a habit acquired in childhood)
*Reading the newspaper (scan it for something interesting)
*Watching television (don't have one and haven't for years)

I love to garden, be in gardens, hike, or just sit still in nature.

Sometimes it feels so good to just breathe and be alive that I couldn't possibly want anything else.

hahahaha omg I feel you with once you get your computer issues right! It's rewarding when something FINALLY connects to a server or when you can troubleshoot an error.

snusmumrik

MBTI Type
ISFP
*Playing video games - Yes, right now I'm very fond of old games from the 80's on Commodore 64. You can play them with Java in the browser on line, fantastic! c64s.com - play Commodore 64 games online (no download required)

*Looking up information online - Yes, Yes! I am addicted to this. I have learned so much this way

*Writing fiction - No, I have bad imagination (lack of intuition )

*Drawing - Sometimes, and I'd like to get better.

*Computer Programming - I've learned some HTML, but then I lost interest in it

*Studying Philosophy - I used to study philosophy, until I discovered that I hate it. I am more interersted in the smell and look of the physical book I'm reading than in the text itself.

*Learning Mathematics - I'm too stupid for that

*Reading fiction - As long as it isn't too abstract

*Reading comics - It's ok, but I don't own very many comic books

*Reading the newspaper - That's the first thing I do every morning. I like it.

More interests: Going to the gym, paleolithic diet, looking at girls, food, nature, thinking about my life, new things, drinking alcohol with friends.

Mallow

MBTI Type
ISFP
*Studying Philosophy - I used to study philosophy, until I discovered that I hate it. I am more interersted in the smell and look of the physical book I'm reading than in the text itself.

:blush: I must also confess that I've had intentions of bettering my mind and trying to become philosophical only to find that the feel and smell of the tome I was presumably reading was far more interesting to me than anything written on it's pages.

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
:blush: I must also confess that I've had intentions of bettering my mind and trying to become philosophical only to find that the feel and smell of the tome I was presumably reading was far more interesting to me than anything written on it's pages.

Do you ever pause in the middle of some book or lecture-on-CD that's supposed to be very profound and wonder why the heck you're wasting a perfectly good day on something you don't really personaly find very meaningful to YOU? I have that a lot. I'm trying to listen more to my own heart when it comes to evaluating the "depth" of what I'm reading.

Mallow

MBTI Type
ISFP
Do you ever pause in the middle of some book or lecture-on-CD that's supposed to be very profound and wonder why the heck you're wasting a perfectly good day on something you don't really personaly find very meaningful to YOU? I have that a lot. I'm trying to listen more to my own heart when it comes to evaluating the "depth" of what I'm reading.

Oh yes.
I'll be doing the proper thing...sitting...listening or reading....learning.....
Then it will occur to me that if all this I'm perusing is good then why I am I just sitting here listening to somebody else talk about it when I could be doing it and getting a feel for what it's really like.

Lectures may spark an interest and sketch an outline for me but, beyond that, they become a waste of time.

Satisfaction lies in the practice, not the theory.

me_plus_one

MBTI Type
ESTP
*Playing video games
Hm...I'm not too fond of that, I found it very boring

Not all the time, when I need information I do that.

*Writing fiction
I have only written poetry.

*Drawing
When I was little I used to do that, not anymore

*Computer Programming
Definetly the most boring activity listed here. I hate doing that and I hate that I had to do it 3 years at school.

*Studying Philosophy
I don't do that usually. But it is very interesting.

*Learning Mathematics
Math is interesting, however, I hate doing lots of it, especially as homework. Otherwise it's ok.

*Reading fiction
Yes.

*Reading comics

Nope, boring.

*Reading the newspaper
If I am very bored yes.

*Watching television
Not that often.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*Playing video games - Sometimes, but usually when others are around, I usually get bored playing video games by myself.
*Looking up information online - When I need to figure out how to do something or im bored
*Writing fiction - No
*Drawing - No
*Computer Programming - Thats what I do for a living.
*Studying Philosophy - No
*Learning Mathematics - Have always been good at it, but dont have much of a use for it.
*Reading fiction - Sometimes, but prefer to do other things
*Reading comics - No
*Reading the newspaper - No, but read news articles online
*Watching television - Vary rarely and when I do its usually action or comedy

I like things hands on, working on cars, building car stereos, working out, jet ski, swimming, building things, want to get into wakeboarding(dont have a boat yet)

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
*Playing video games - As much as I am able
*Looking up information online - Everyday. I thrive on learning about as much as I possibly can about everything. I love information.
*Writing fiction - Not even slightly
*Drawing - Love to draw
*Computer Programming - As much as is involved with getting a website to work properly. I love "eureka" moments when things click and start working the way I intended.
*Studying Philosophy - Bleh, no. I am here, you are here, what's there to think about?
*Learning Mathematics - All I ever needed was subtraction, i.e. I have two cheeseburgers, if I eat one, I will have one cheeseburger.
*Reading fiction - I don't read books, never liked them. I need visual stimulus and can't imagine it by reading a book.
*Reading comics - Only if the art is kickass
*Reading the newspaper - Every morning
*Watching television - Usually not watching it, but it's on as background noise, which I need a lot of.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
*Playing video games:Alot actually when i have time, one of the best pastime there is, ive even tried to master some of the shooters that i play, i play pretty much everything from FPS'es (first person shooters) to rpgs and tactical games.

*Looking up information online:Yes i use alot of encyclopedia's, guides, hinters and manuals etc etc, The internet is fast access and has endless storage of usefull information. I also ocassionally read intreseting articles , historical accounts, books and so on.

*Writing fiction: Only when inspired or when my imagination triggered on , im driven to express it in writing, and usually only short stories of a few pages max . I also writes short text rhymes.

*Drawing: My pen coordination is shyte, my drawing skill's are NIL, even when attempt to it properly , my drawings go wrong.

*Computer Programming: Never tried it.

*Studying Philosophy: One of the most intreseting prospects, but ive never gone in-depth into it, im planning to do so.

*Learning Mathematics: Im generally ok at maths, make alot of sloppy mistakes.

*Reading fiction: Love fiction, read alot of books, it usually helps me trigger my imagination.

*Reading comics: Used to read comics when i was younger, but nowdays im only following one series.

*Reading the newspaper: I only bother with the international incidents section's, that is when i bother picking one up.

*Watching television: Can't really bother with tv as medium when the computer is a far superior media outlet. I rarely watch television, and when i do it's usually documenteries or series.

Other intresets:
Exercising/boxing/cardio training
Reading history/fantasy
Collecting army surplus
Movies and series

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
*Studying Philosophy - Bleh, no. I am here, you are here, what's there to think about?
*Learning Mathematics - All I ever needed was subtraction, i.e. I have two cheeseburgers, if I eat one, I will have one cheeseburger.

SolitaryPenguin is my favorite philosopher/math professor of all time. :yes:

JRT

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
*Watching television - Usually not watching it, but it's on as background noise, which I need a lot of.

This made me laugh! I agree with you 100%! I find some people tend to read way too much into things that aren't there instead of focusing on what was actually stated. Although this did make me hungry now I want a cheeseburger damnit!

I do that with TV too. I leave it on while i'm working on my computer and then i'll be listening or watching a music video on youtube or music on itunes with the tv on. I wonder if that's an SP thing?

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
I do that with TV too. I leave it on while i'm working on my computer and then i'll be listening or watching a music video on youtube or music on itunes with the tv on. I wonder if that's an SP thing?
i

Think so. I've been known for falling asleep listening to heavy metal. (Not really listening to it, it's just good "background noise", and doesn't bother me.)

alicia91

It's interesting that while we have varied interests none of us are big TV watchers. So who are all the couch potatoes out there? INTPs, perhaps? ;)

me_plus_one

MBTI Type
ESTP
This made me laugh! I agree with you 100%! I find some people tend to read way too much into things that aren't there instead of focusing on what was actually stated. Although this did make me hungry now I want a cheeseburger damnit!

Hah, I am always told I'll have to pay the electricity bill because I leave the tv on without really watching. Like now for example.
Or when I am reading, it's much more pleasant to have something playing in the background.

Lexlike

MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
4w5
It's interesting that while we have varied interests none of us are big TV watchers. So who are all the couch potatoes out there? INTPs, perhaps? ;)

No, i think its the SJ out there!hihi