• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SP's under stress

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
SP's under stress?
Talk about how you deal with it.
(or avoid it completely)

(non SP's can contribute if you have examples about somebody you know.)

wolfy

awsm
Put me under enough stress and I do as the theory goes turn into an unhealthy ENTJ. The usual easy going nature gives way to a demanding push it through at any cost kind of attitude I'm embarrassed to say.

I can deal with lower levels of stress better than most others but when I snap, I snap.

anainani

MBTI Type
isfp
Depends on why I'm stressed. Sometimes I need to talk to someone, sometimes I need to do something active, sometimes I need to be alone. Most of the time, writing helps to get something logical out of me. I just write it all down to myself and act like I'm my own therapist.
Or, I paint some schizophrenic stuff. That helps too. In really extreme situations, hitting some pillows helps. :yes:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Face turns red, my heart starts beating faster, I scowl, I sometimes throw things or yell, hopefully not too loudly if the boss is in the office.

I'm better than I used to be since I started taking medication for blood pressure and heart rate. I guess I "deal with it" by just moving on, continuing to work, i guess sometimes i take a deep breath...hopefully i havent done or said anything too childish or hurtful that I have to apologize for, but sometimes I have. :blush:

JRT

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
SP's under stress?
Talk about how you deal with it.
(or avoid it completely)

(non SP's can contribute if you have examples about somebody you know.)

hmm I don't really know..I can't really say I have alot of stresses in life...mainly because I believe most things will work themselves out..or i'll make something happen in the moment and it will turn out the way I want it to..and if not learn something from the situation and move on.

I remember I was younger I used to have emotional outbursts like screaming slamming doors you know the usual..those rarely happen now and if they do I deal with things in private :)

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
I really take a very laid-back attitude to life, so me being "stressed" is rare. If I am though, here tends to be my typical reactions:

-If it's causing frustration/anger, my veins in my neck and arms become very visible, and I tend to tense up. In talking with others, I may become even more sarcastic and blunt than usual....

-If possible, I try to get away from whatever's causing it for a while, and figure out how to fix the problem/"escape" for a bit.

Arilee

MBTI Type
ESTP
everything stops, I lose all motivation to do anything and I withdraw from company. I get to the point where I have so much swimming round in my head that I can't see where to start.

I need to identify the root cause of the strees before I can move on. Usually talking to my SO helps with this - as an INTP he has an amazing knack for picking out the main problem. Once I've done that I have to relax enough to stop my head from spinning so i can work out where I'm going to start sorting myself out.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Face turns red, my heart starts beating faster, I scowl, I sometimes throw things or yell, hopefully not too loudly if the boss is in the office.

This sounds like my youngest brother.

me_plus_one

MBTI Type
ESTP
everything stops, I lose all motivation to do anything and I withdraw from company. I get to the point where I have so much swimming round in my head that I can't see where to start.

I need to identify the root cause of the strees before I can move on. Usually talking to my SO helps with this - as an INTP he has an amazing knack for picking out the main problem. Once I've done that I have to relax enough to stop my head from spinning so i can work out where I'm going to start sorting myself out.

I couldn't be more precise than that. That also happens to me. But I also become really inflammable.
I think that overcoming stress is not that much of a problem.

Arilee

MBTI Type
ESTP
I couldn't be more precise than that. That also happens to me. But I also become really inflammable.
I think that overcoming stress is not that much of a problem.

I tend not to get inflammable - but I do get spectacular mood swings. I'm more likely to be tearful than anything until I have found the cause.

The problem for me is not so much overcoming the stress, it's recognising I'm stressed before I get to the state where my head swims. Once I realise I'm stressed I can usually start getting my head straight..

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I get really emotional and can't remember anything when I'm stressed. Luckily, I don't stress that much.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I put my head in the sand and pretend I have no problems.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am ISTP and I think I just realized that I am stressed and/or depressed. We tend to show it in different ways. We also get stressed for different reasons. Our laid back nature causes things that normally stress others out to not bother us. What is stressing me out right now is feeling trapped. There is so much I want to do, but dont know how to do it without allowing others to have the freedom I want them to have. I cant control my anger/irritation anywhere near what I normally can(not very laid back recently.) Also being a stressed/depressed ISTP I am spending way to much time on a computer trying to find the best way to do something so when I finally do it I can get the most out of it(end up being more INTP where I research, but never actually do anything.)

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I am so friggin bored right now it is just a matter of time before I finally break the law and try to figure out how to drift(on public roads.)

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I am so friggin bored right now it is just a matter of time before I finally break the law and try to figure out how to drift(on public roads.)

Play on gravel or a wet parking lot first, even better....a parking lot covered in snow. (wears your tires a LOT less than on dry road) I suggest not practicing drifting on public roads until after you've practiced in an environment where screwing up doesn't equal car damage for a while. Mostly, because if you're going to learn to drift, you also need to learn what to do to recover from losing it. (I even intentionally took my car into spins and such to learn what methods were most effective at recovering.)

EDIT: Sorry for the off-topic.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
-If it's causing frustration/anger, my veins in my neck and arms become very visible, and I tend to tense up. In talking with others, I may become even more sarcastic and blunt than usual....
This has been my experience with my ISTP ex as well, although I would say that his becoming more sarcastic and blunt than usual just translated to me as his being more mean!!! :cry:

-If possible, I try to get away from whatever's causing it for a while, and figure out how to fix the problem/"escape" for a bit.
Grrrr, I have experienced this, too.

I would want to sit there and get through our argument while he would say how he just needed time to separate and clear his mind.

I did learn, a bit too late, I think, to give him ample space whenever he became frustrated, I would just see/know the early signs, and go in the other room, read a book, or go for a walk, and let him figure his shit out. :D

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I find that if I get frustrated or stressed I need to nip that shit in the bud.

If I end up with time to think about stuff, it ends up stressing me out more, and I don't have time for that. This annoys most around me, because for some reason unknown to me, they like to stew on ill feelings and internalize until it eats them up.

Not me, no way, no how.

Figure out what the problem is, figure out what the solution is, move forward, pretty much how I deal with everything in life.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
In my observation:

- The 2 ISTPs in my life tend to overindulge in alcohol when stressed to the point where it became an issue of chronic chemical dependency.
- The ESFPs tend to start ignoring their responsibilities and putting things off to past the very last minute.
- The ISFPs internalize everything, only they don't complain so nobody knows something is wrong until they become physically ill.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
In my observation:- The 2 ISTPs in my life tend to overindulge in alcohol when stressed to the point where it became an issue of chronic chemical dependency.

The reason I try to avoid keeping alcohol around. I'm not good at moderation when stressed, so keeping it away from me works well, as otherwise I'd be like the ISTPs you know. (I've also done other insane things when "stressed-out", like ski non-stop for 13 hours).