• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] easier to get on with a stupid S than a clever S?

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
The clever, lazy, industrious, and stupid

I assume you got this stupid/clever dichotomy from here. Thief! :newwink:

a stupid sensor however can be almost like an N on some level, because they react slowly to sensual stimuli just like us,and they may actually fall back on some badly used N...making them quite tolerable, comforting etc.
jut a thought...but N's can use our bad Se/Si to get on with them at the same level of Se/Si ability?

Regardless of intelligence, a good sensor is ... good at sensing.

Bad intuition - maybe.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
Layered meaning in *:newwink:*

Weird coincidence.

P.S. Post whoring is legit.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
OMG, that's hilarious! Especially as I read the whole thread through without noticing.:blushing:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ok maybe srtupid is a harsh word, but...you'll all get over it. ;) and no-one is going to define themselves as stupid, so no-one need be offended

clever S's are very sharp, witty and observant...they can tear an N apart and they are very good at the things we aren't good at

a stupid sensor however can be almost like an N on some level, because they react slowly to sensual stimuli just like us,and they may actually fall back on some badly used N...making them quite tolerable, comforting etc.
jut a thought...but N's can use our bad Se/Si to get on with them at the same level of Se/Si ability?

Actually for an Se not so much Ss in general, they have to have a well developed Se and Fe before Si can really develop. This is because Fe causes us to care about the person we are in love with and Se allows us to figure out what they like:D So an Se with a strong Fe will figure out how to make your head spin:devil:

It all depends on circumstances really, but yes a stupid sensor can be as bad if not worse than an N.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
What defines stupid in any case?, there are lots of standards and definitions of intelligence. As for intelligence segregation among types, that is certainly not true. In my experience, people of largely varying types will hang out with each other, despite the intelligence rifts, what cojoins them is their intresets.

Qre:us

ok maybe srtupid is a harsh word, but...you'll all get over it. ;) and no-one is going to define themselves as stupid, so no-one need be offended

clever S's are very sharp, witty and observant...they can tear an N apart and they are very good at the things we aren't good at

To the Sensors: Is it easier to get along with a stupid N than a clever N?

Hirsch63

MBTI Type
IS??
Finally, how do you that someone is "concerned" with presenting a clever face to the world? Everyone I know who is intelligent and functional tries to do the best at whatever it is they are engaged in, unless of course everyone is just pissing off and goofing around, so what does that have to do with "presenting a clever face to the world?" I think that's more likely a sign of a capable person applying themselves to the task at hand. They probably don't give a rat's ass if you or anybody else thinks they are clever or not, they know what their own capabilities/limitations are and are simply operating around them.

Thoughts?

Salesmanship. A good hustler (one who is clever) may not possess a coventionally measured intelligence...but they may possess valuable insight. And you're right of course, they're trying to be the best at what they can do. Their preferences may lead them to using the qualities of showmanship or chicanery to achieve their ends. You're right also in that they may not "give a rat's ass" about perceptions....as long as it gets then (profitably) through the interaction. I don't literally mean to limit this to those in commissioned sales...this sort of behaviour would be aimed at getting what you want in any situation through the use of a sort of theatrical posturing that may or may not be compensating for intellectual deficits. These folks have found a way to survive that works well for them? That's the bottom line it seems.

R

Riva

correction - what you are not good at. not all the rest.

not all Ns are INFPs

again correction - what you are not good at. not all the rest of us.

not all Ns are INFPs

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To the Sensors: Is it easier to get along with a stupid N than a clever N?

I don't like to label people like that but I can appreciate both, for different reasons.