• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] How do you deal with ESTPs?

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
haha, how am I supposed to know? She could've been subtly suggesting, trying to test the waters. mwahaha. ;)

P.S. Kitties do not compare to titties

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LOL, although I am known to do so, I was in fact analyzing in that post, and therefore not bantering, or using innuendo, for once. Don't worry, I'll gladly indulge your imagination in other threads :devil:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
haha, how am I supposed to know? She could've been subtly suggesting, trying to test the waters. mwahaha. ;)

Exactly! :)

Okay, everyone... that advice on ESTPs? Ignore it, I'm pretty sure that guy was an ExTJ now. I don't think an ESTP would tend to keep someone backed into a corner on a consistent basis and expect them not to have a bad reaction. The guy I was talking about kept people cornered by setting up the situation in certain ways to the point that people wanted to kill him in his sleep, and he was completely unaware of it because he was intimidating enough that no one ever confronted him about anything. ESTPs are more perceptive than that, and probably prefer other methods to get things done anyway.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
LOL, although I am known to do so, I was in fact analyzing in that post, and therefore not bantering, or using innuendo, for once. Don't worry, I'll gladly indulge your imagination in other threads :devil:

WIN! :smoke:

Also, mrowww... :smooch:

Okay, now you're trying to twist the perception of your stance so that it looks like you'd already taken that into account. Talk about playing games... ;)

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Okay, everyone... that advice on ESTPs? Ignore it, I'm pretty sure that guy was an ExTJ now. I don't think an ESTP would tend to keep someone backed into a corner on a consistent basis and expect them not to have a bad reaction. The guy I was talking about kept people cornered by setting up the situation in certain ways to the point that people wanted to kill him in his sleep, and he was completely unaware of it because he was intimidating enough that no one ever confronted him about anything. ESTPs are more perceptive than that, and probably prefer other methods to get things done anyway.

I wouldn't put it past some unhealthy ESTPs to do what you said, but the bolded part definitely wouldn't apply. No ESTP I've ever heard of cares to do the same thing over and over for an extended period of time. We usually just get bored and move on. hahaha.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Let's just say I'm looking forward to it. I at least take it as permission to do some indulging of my own. haha. :smoke:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Let's just say I'm looking forward to it. I at least take it as permission to do some indulging of my own. haha. :smoke:

God, you're going to be a handful to train, aren't you? Oh well, I do enjoy a challenge ;)

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Hey, you're the one who opened it up! Not sure why you think I'm the one who needs to be trained. :rolli: :rofl1:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey, you're the one who opened it up! Not sure why you think I'm the one who needs to be trained. :rolli: :rofl1:

Don't take it personal, my dear. All toys receive some training :coffee:

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Ohhh, you're so cute. :yes:

I'm looking forward to seeing how you're going to try to "train" me. haha. :newwink:

wank

MBTI Type
free
Enneagram
nope
(with apologies)late, and significantly off topic, but it got me on a tangent:

I wonder how Js learn and grow. Do they try to move the system forward? Is that the only way they grow?

I've thought about this a bit and came to the conclusion of something akin to fractal progression, each step falling where it should and each experience being dealt with in some sort of recursive function. Additive chaotic incidences would be a cluster fuck of micro recursion, in some fashion allowing a stabilized frame of reference to occur(I recognize how this could apply to nearly any type, It really doesn't matter, J's highlight this, in my opinion, as like being intrinsic to their approach[further explanation will be difficult due to experiential bias and non detail oriented memory]*). With additional experience the base structure, or (pseudo-infinite)algorithm, wouldn't change(difficult to say how this aspect would apply to a P[perhaps altering the filtration intake of information]), it would just, if you will, superficially alter the dimensions and recursion.(internal 3 dimensional and hierarchal thought difficult to get across).

*Yes people are loop, this is some thought on filling out differences in loops.

I don't know,...

I learned a fair bit from this thread. The comment, by Ms. jenocyde (amongst others[comments/people]), with regards to distracting an ESTP with touch, was rather good.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Apologies but i am not going to read 26 pages.

My brother is an ESTP. How do i deal with him?

I see that he is worried, but i don't ask questions. He'll come to me when he is ready. He knows i'll just listen.

When he is hyper mode, i'm right up there with him.

He does care, just has a different way of showing it.

Although when the shit hits the fan, he's there for me and me for him.

Can be inconsiderate at times.

:)

yowhatup

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I have an ESTP friend. He is home for the summer and he has no job. He earns no money of his own, and obtains very little from his parents. Whenever he wants to smoke a blunt or get some beer, he hits me up, expecting me to pay for most/all of it, but he's pretty covert about his intentions. He makes it a point to be overt about the blunt or the beer part though.

One time, I got a half ounce of mids for a batch of brownies ($55, my own money). I made them at his house because my place wasn't quite straight for that (my parents care, his don't). While the brownies were baking, we chilled on a 6-pack that I also bought (~$12). The brownie mix was around $5, which I also purchased. When we started baking them, we realized that we didn't have enough vegetable oil. We went down to the store and he pulled $2 out of his wallet for the oil.
I wouldn't have so much of a problem with all of this if he acknowledged that the shit was mine, as I paid for it. But once everything got going, he kept talking about his brownies and his beer, like he f*cking owned it.

Pal will ask me to do X, I'll (cordially) pass, pal will persist and persist in the most annoying manner possible and will be even be a little aggressive (in a 'friendly' and 'humourous' manner) till I rather rudely shut him out or give in.

"C'mon matt, lets get a blunt. Smoke a blunt matt? It's about time for a blunt, ya know? I know you want to smoke a blunt, matt. I can sense your desire for a blunt. C'mon matt. Blunt." When I do that to him (which is much less often than he does it), he calls me a dick.

I'll be glad when he goes back to Boulder in a few days. He champions everything about that place like it's diamond-encrusted platinum, like it's a f*cking godsend.

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
Both the ESTP's I know are super independent, and have been, even since high school. They always had jobs when their friends didn't, and their friends were/are usually the ones bumming money off of them.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
My ESTP ex was the biggest mooch known to man.