• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] How do you deal with ESTPs?

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
But it's the same with ESTPs, raw physical passion in sex. Kick your ass when angry. The physicality is what drives you. It's purely mental for me. And for the ENFPs, I guess it's emotional.

Yep, I'm just saying, you're working in a different domain than I am, which makes it challenging and enticing all at once. :D

If I were essentially any different I would probably get put off or pussy out. ;)

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Interesting...and you don't employ any emotional insight for this at all?

I don't feel emotion when I am information gathering. It is just purely fact. Fact: this person has a sick mother and is paying for bills. Fact: he was teased in gym class, etc... there is no emotion on my end. But I know what causes emotion in my opponent. And if it's sex, or revenge, or even just buying someone a thoughtful birthday gift, I get a rush from knowing I was right. That is the extent of the emotion.

I tend to do the same but purely based on their fears, hopes, emotions, every emotional trigger they have, every little insecurity, every childhood trauma. I never use it to destroy though, but it has that potential.

Like I said, the potential is there with us too, we just don't use it often. You ENFPs can certainly do that emotional manipulation - I've seen it. I can't tell you how many ENFP women have screamed "I'm pregnant" as her man dumps her...

Could also explain why entps are reluctant to handign out that info. They know after all what it can be used for.

Maybe. But most often, we are not reluctant. We are surprisingly candid. If I don't hand out information it's usually because the subject matter would jar my current mood, or I feel like you are being too nosy. It's all in the way you ask, I think, and how much candidness you are offering in return.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
You're very interesting, jenocyde. I think we'd get along swimmingly irl. Whaddya think?

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
And I think I'd get along with you, as long as you let me play with... erm *ahem* cough... what was I saying? I think it's time for me to get up and about or I'll never get anything done. ;)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't feel emotion when I am information gathering. It is just purely fact. Fact: this person has a sick mother and is paying for bills. Fact: he was teased in gym class, etc... there is no emotion on my end. But I know what causes emotion in my opponent. And if it's sex, or revenge, or even just buying someone a thoughtful birthday gift, I get a rush from knowing I was right. That is the extent of the emotion.

Like I said, the potential is there with us too, we just don't use it often. You ENFPs can certainly do that emotional manipulation - I've seen it. I can't tell you how many ENFP women have screamed "I'm pregnant" as her man dumps her...
Maybe. But most often, we are not reluctant. We are surprisingly candid. If I don't hand out information it's usually because the subject matter would jar my current mood, or I feel like you are being too nosy. It's all in the way you ask, I think, and how much candidness you are offering in return.

Ok the pregnant-thing is just downright pathetic. I wouldn't even wanna stay with a guy who no longer loves me. But I am capable of defending myself with a couple of emotional blows, if need be. I try not to do that, unless they give me no choice and won't back off. I'll touch every sensitive spot I know and link em all together for a massive emotional overload so they'll back away and let go of me. Emotionally analyzing someone is kinda like surgery, you have to be careful, in control of your movements and precise as to not hit any vital parts. If you don't, you turn into a butcher... which is very handy when someone's stomping all over you.

I've found entps to be very candid indeed..unless it's about their feelings. And even if they own up to those, they'll be emotionally detached when telling you about them. Interesting to watch. I do understand the quid pro quo system however, as I handle it myself :D

It's interesting to see though that three different ways of experiencing stuff can still give such a reaction with the different types. I mean, I tend to really respond to touch myself, because of how it makes me feel. It's also the way and the intent behind the touching that will quite literally set of Fi-fireworks and make me respond in kind. From what I can see, that means that all three types would be a good combo in bed.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I've found entps to be very candid indeed..unless it's about their feelings. And even if they own up to those, they'll be emotionally detached when telling you about them. Interesting to watch. I do understand the quid pro quo system however, as I handle it myself :D

We don't carry emotions on the surface like you do. We experience them and then we move on. So we can only talk about things we have experienced in a detached, observational manner - since we no longer feel them once they have passed. It is rare that you will find me relaying a past traumatic event with the same emotion I had when it happened. But it doesn't mean that we are not owning up to them. It's probably that you think there is more to it when there simply isn't.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We don't carry emotions on the surface like you do. We experience them and then we move on. So we can only talk about things we have experienced in a detached, observational manner - since we no longer feel them once they have passed. It is rare that you will find me relaying a past traumatic event with the same emotion I had when it happened. But it doesn't mean that we are not owning up to them. It's probably that you think there is more to it when there simply isn't.

Possible. But it also happens when they talk about things that they are in fact experiencing right now. It's interesting to see that they feel those emotions more intensily when not talking about it and see the shift to detachement when they do talk about them. Maybe it's because they're searching for input? A logical way out of the problem? It feels like a steel wall in any case, a well guarded fortress :)

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Possible. But it also happens when they talk about things that they are in fact experiencing right now. It's interesting to see that they feel those emotions more intensily when not talking about it and see the shift to detachement when they do talk about them. Maybe it's because they're searching for input? A logical way out of the problem? It feels like a steel wall in any case, a well guarded fortress :)

No, no and no. In order for me to experience something completely on a sensory level, I have to turn my brain off. Once you ask me about it, I am back to awareness and back to analysis.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So would physical gestures be the way to go? As you then don't turn on the analysis and allow them to *feel* while giving comfort?

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
So would physical gestures be the way to go? As you then don't turn on the analysis and allow them to *feel* while giving comfort?

I am not a physical person at all, but when I am in a passive emotional state, a hug works wonders from someone that I am close to. But don't try this if I am in an active, aggressive one like anger.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
It's interesting to see though that three different ways of experiencing stuff can still give such a reaction with the different types. I mean, I tend to really respond to touch myself, because of how it makes me feel. It's also the way and the intent behind the touching that will quite literally set of Fi-fireworks and make me respond in kind. From what I can see, that means that all three types would be a good combo in bed.

Are you suggesting mayhaps... a threesome? ;)

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
I love ESTP's. The girls anyway. Never met any guys. I love the crazy spur of the moment desire for action. They are like an energizer battery for an ENFP. They truly do float my boat. The best part is that I can't quite figure them out fully and probably never will. Outwardly we're so similar, and yet on the inside we're so different. That probably just makes me like them even more.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Who said ESTPs don't have imagination or enjoy what-if scenarios? Seems to work fine, from what I can see. Aint wishful thinking fun ;)
haha, just drinking in all the affection, that's all. I can only enjoy those what-if scenarios to a very small extent. Too much and it's just frustrating.

I just like knowing that I've roped a couple of girls into my enticing aura, that's all. ;) :D

haha, that works. Though I have no problem with that, really.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Are you suggesting mayhaps... a threesome? ;)

That is SUCH a twisted way to use your inferior Ni. Took the statement completely out of context and pulled on the interpretation that would lead into a future you wanted to see. :1377:

(Not that it matters much because Ni is inherently kinda twisted anyway.) ;)

It looks like SPs can use N... they just use it to create opportunities for themselves to find the most stimulating physical experiences possible rather than for it's own sake. Makes sense to me.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Hey, that's the way it was stated! I'm glad it makes sense, because it should.

P.S. titties titties titties titties titties titties titties!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
haha, just drinking in all the affection, that's all. I can only enjoy those what-if scenarios to a very small extent. Too much and it's just frustrating.

I just like knowing that I've roped a couple of girls into my enticing aura, that's all. ;) :D

:devil: you'll have to work harder for it than this, though I can't blame you for trying ;)

That is SUCH a twisted way to use your inferior Ni. Took the statement completely out of context and pulled on the interpretation that would lead into a future you wanted to see. :1377:

(Not that it matters much because Ni is inherently kinda twisted anyway.) ;)

It looks like SPs can use N... they just use it to create opportunities for themselves to find the most stimulating physical experiences possible rather than for it's own sake. Makes sense to me.

Lol, motivation is key, athenian ;)

Looks like you've been caught and put in your place by the master, renegarde :D

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
:devil: you'll have to work harder for it than this, though I can't blame you for trying ;)

Oh I know, this is only one step in the process, of course. ;) :D

Looks like you've been caught and put in your place by the master, renegarde :D

How so? Seduction works regardless of whether the seductee knows what's going on or not. At least if you do it right. ;)