• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] What were/are you like in school?

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Highschool in particular.

In primary school I was a quiet "gifted" kid apparently, then when I got to highschool I became a little shit. My friends and I were rowdy, would mock everything, question everything teachers told us to do, resist any structure imposed on us, light fires, goof off and I never took school seriously until after I had left.

After highschool I went back to being the quiet thoughtful person I am today, something about the highschool system didn't sit with me and I rebeled throughout.

Is this normal for SPs or ISFPs?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
definately me too ... though I started with the rowdiness much earlier than highschool... my friends were really good kids but I was the rambunctious one

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I went to a small high school, so I got to fill several niches.

Me and my group were "the jocks", "the popular kids", "the stoners", "nerdy. but not the nerdiest group"...

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Same here, there weren't really enough people to form real rigid groups, although "the stoners" were pretty much everybody.:doh:

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I did typical ENTJ stuff... Planning for world domination etc... ;)
Nah. I was kind of serious at the same time as I was a clown. Often spoke on the behalf of the class. We had a little crisis involving a couple of teachers who behaved really badly according to the law and the practice of the profession. We were three classes who got them fired for enormous "malpractice". I believe I played a big role in it since the other ones didn't dear to speak up against them. This earned me some respect, and even the other teachers thought I was an honest and cool guy. I actually used it a few times. Especially once, in favor of a friend of mine. He had what you would call an F in a couple of courses, but the teachers we kicked out didn't save any notes, and they did just begin to use a new computer system to set the grades. Our new teacher asked me in private what grades he had gotten in those particular courses, and I pretended to think for a while and fooled him into giving him two B's instead of F's. That in turn earned me a lot of beer :D

In the early years of my school days (12-14) I wasn't respected, though, and it pains me that I took the beating I took back then without striking back. But I eventually did, and that made the bullies leave me alone. But I was pretty much hated. When I got to highschool (in sweden that is from 16-19) I earned respect and new friends. Even got to play the alpha male, even if I choose to do so in a less dominant fashion than ENTJ's who are not in control of their urges.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
I was weird. I was all quiet and shy, best Student in Class, always doing Extrawork, Teachers liked me...and all of that without even studying. Still, my Classes would always think I was a Nerd who would study all Day, so they picked on me a LOT and in vary bad Ways.
That held until I went to Job-School. Then I became the freaking Opposite. I didn't give a Crap about Anything anymore, mostly because of heavy Problems "at Home".

Recently I seem to go back more towards my "Nerdness", but I am MUCH more talkactive. So a good Mix I guess.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nah. I was kind of serious at the same time as I was a clown.

Just like me. A lot of sexual jokes and fun + serious business and best grades in class = people don't know what to expect :wtf: :laugh:

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Ha I was a hell raiser since 1st grade!

In highschool I was pretty much the class clown but in a nerdy way, lots of puns, deceptively naieve comments, new ways to make light of the assignments we were given, personal little shots at teachers, you know the usual stuff. I was lucky that I could pick things up quick because I was on a homework protest for most of my highschool career.

I had a short fuse when it came to a situation where I felt wronged based on some general beaurocratic bullshit school rule or process and would instantly state my "case" to all the authority figures in my way VERY publicly and openly. I pretty much would go on spurts once I got one DT I would end up getting like 5 or 6 in the next two weeks or so.

I was always a frequent in the principles office and would never willingly just submit and admit wrong It just wasn't a concept I understood. I was actually pretty adept at maneuvering around tricky situations and could always smooth talk my way out of things when necessary or bulldoze faulty cases or logic when I felt it necessary, of course being school that didn't necessarily mean I *won*. I actually remember one time me and my friends all got sent down to the principals office and they were all shocked and surprised at how relaxed and calm I looked when "debating" him.

Apparently my body language and sense of humor gave the impression that he was just another friend of mine. I think in a sick way I really enjoyed those little frequent arguments with teachers and principles and could easily push just the right buttons to have them fuming and losing their cool while I sort of just laughed it off.

I guess I gave the impression of being moderately smart so that sort of tempered my teachers issues with me. They were actually surprisingly supportive and understanding even though I would frequently have little squabbles here and there. I usually had a point though and was a pretty calm and quiet kid who could actively participate in class when I wasn't misbehaving.

reason

MBTI Type
ESFJ
You guys are aware this thread is in 'The SP Arthouse,' right? As a diligent ESFJ, I feel compelled to punish you for breaking cultural norms (which I cherish dearly). SCRAM!

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I suspect SP cultural norms are likely to be pretty carefree, I'm happy for other types to post it adds interesting contrasts and comparisons although I am a bit more interested in SP experiences.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Can you be more specific? I mean, what do you mean by "like"?

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
How did you behave generally.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
You can do it! Find a trend or pattern in there somewhere. :D

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I guess my pattern was largely invisible misfit. A coward with low self-confidence and only rarely feeling like I made an impact on anybody.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
In school? I was like "God damn! There's lots of SPs here!" J/k I didn't go to school it's for losers.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
In school? I was like "God damn! There's lots of SPs here!" J/k I didn't go to school it's for losers.

YER SUCH A WEIRDO.

Don't use the Lord's name in vain.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
If anyone actually realized (other than my friends), I would be screwed.

I was mostly quiet, respectful, and intelligent, and did well on all the classwork. Most teachers had a "what a nice student" opinion of me. This, combined with having a pad of passes, and being friendly with the administration/"security" personnel, meant that I basically did whatever the hell I felt like doing, and had to do exactly zero work. Not joking either.

I wound up with a 3.7 GPA.....I feel bad for all the pathetic people who actually did what they were supposed to. If there was a way out of it, I always found it.

EDIT: Thinking about it....it's about what you'd expect for an ISTP. I understood the rules, and figured out how to break them without getting in trouble for it.

wolfy

awsm
In Primary school I was a good quiet kid. Really wanted to be seen as the skillful one. The one with that special touch.
Never quite pulled that off . :doh: Not consistently at least.
Those few times when I've pulled it off are precious to me. :yes:

In Highschool I was quiet too. More zoned out though. Lot's more thinking, my own thoughts not the schoolwork.
It got into my head that we were being had in someway around 15. And that I had some insight into a screwed system.
Teachers thought I was a good kid maybe a little intense and zoned out in class.

I had great times with my friends early in Highschool though. Wars in the bush with rocks and pinecones, socks full of sand. Made some good friends.
My friends and I evolved into the outcast/stoner/artist fringe. :cool: