• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] What were/are you like in school?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I don't think I was very easy to decipher. I was very good at sports, but also extremely nerdy in the way I expressed myself and in most of my interests (with the exception, of course, of sports themselves). I used to do math and physics competitions and the like, things that didn't exactly garner you the respect of your peers. I liked to dance at parties, but I was extremely shitty at the typical "small-talk" that composes the greatest majority of interactions there.
This attitude changed progressively as I became older and I understood better the typical rules of social conduit, however my image was already screwed by that point in time ahaha
The weirdest part, for me, was dating. I've never been rejected when I asked a girl to go out on a date; however, usually, after just 30 minutes I was classified as "too weird" or something lol

ygolo

My termites win
I guess my pattern was largely invisible misfit. A coward with low self-confidence and only rarely feeling like I made an impact on anybody.

I felt like this most of the time.

But, looking back, I realized I tried a lot of stuff--wasn't particular great at any of it.

Was on the track team, football team, math team, programming team, and JETS for a while, and even did Future Problem Solvers and Student Government for a couple of weeks each.

I was just a nerdy high school kid. Now, I am a nerdy adult.

Actually, before high school, there were many kids who thought I was a deaf-mute.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
In high school:

-Quiet
-Smart, but underachieving.
-Quietly mischievous. Girl + Smart + Quiet = never get caught/in trouble/punished even if you are caught. I was the continuous exception to the rules.
-Late to school and to every class.
-Hung out with weirdos. Two lesbians, one gay dude, many strange-looking grunge and neo-hippy sorts. Also got along well with nerds, though I refused to be identified with that group. Alienated all my friends after graduation.
-Smart-ass and obstinate. Liked to argue with the teacher if needed.
-Was that student who argued with the teacher after class about the inherent subjectivity of participation grades, and why they should therefore not be included.
-Hated math after 11th grade. Was adored by my art teacher and photography teacher. Oh, and physics teacher (the only science I ever liked).
-Slightly rebellious, though not to the extreme extent of many that I knew.
-Took college courses in 11th and 12th grade at local college. Was much better than being physically in high school. I got like two hours off as a result.
-Continuous parking tickets for parking on the street and not in the student lot.
-Thought many of my teachers were less intelligent than myself (which is to say that I had an inflated little ego).

Edit: I didn't even notice this was in the SP section. Sorry for colonizing your area (though I'm not the first NT here, heh).

GinKuusouka

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was very quiet and kept to myself most of the time. I had one best friend. Most of the teachers loved me. I hated science and math, though I usually did fairly decent, at least in science. Algebra and Geometry are so not my thing. I wasn't really in any group in particular. ^^; I didn't do well enough in class to be a nerd. I wasn't athletic or pretty enough to be popular. <.< Zummm... I was too quiet and 'normal' to really be a goth, although most of the girls accepted me. :) I was accepted by a lot of people, though mostly the girls. There were some who tried to make my life a living hell though. :yes: And they left me alone when they ended up meeting the wall in one way or another. I'll say nothing more. :huh:

D

Dali

Edit: I didn't even notice this was in the SP section. Sorry for colonizing your area (though I'm not the first NT here, heh).

'Colonizing' our area? LOL. Is that what you feel when other types post in the general NT section?

EDIT: I meant 'think', not 'feel'. ;)

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
'Colonizing' our area? LOL. Is that what you feel when other types post in the general NT section?

EDIT: I meant 'think', not 'feel'. ;)

No. I just wanted a semi-humorous way to say that I didn't notice that this was the SP section.

But actually, there are substantially more NT's than SP's, so there is the chance that threads in the SP section could be taken over totally by NT's...and that wouldn't be good :D.

cherchair

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Grade school: In class, quiet, well-behaved, good grades; but on the playground a scrapper, fighting with boys who resented the fact that my athletic prowess exceeded theirs and also getting into it with the school bullies. Lost a couple of teeth, broke a nose or two.:devil:

By high school the bipolar had kicked in and much depended on my mood, so most of the time quiet and withdrawn. But when I was hypomamic, I was popular, and active--school plays, editor of school newspaper, etc. Continued into college with fall semester grades being a full grade point above spring semesters when I was often manic. Finally dropped out after 3 years. Returned to school in my 30s and did relatively well, though going to school full time, working full time and pregnant with my first child. Graduated with honors. Didn't hit my stride until law school, which I did without medication (unless you count self-medicating with booze as "meds") Read: I went through law school drunk and crazy but still managed to graduate in the top ten of my class of 300.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I couldn't say, I'm horrible at making patterns on purpose :shock:

Well I guess I'm the weird one. Not an outcast since I hung out with the mid-popular kids' table and had at least 5 friends over every weekend for Dungeons and Dragons and video games (Halo and Super Smash Brothers. I dominated in the latter :devil:)

I kind of float through my classes. I like the days where I didn't really have to -do- anything and could pace around with my thoughts.

I also befriended the weirdos/outcasts to some extent and am somehow popular with the 7th/8th graders (Our school has two parts, the 7th/8th graders in one group and the Highschoolers in the other. The latter generally did not like the former at all since they were annoying)

I could never associate with the popular people and never really worked on the dating scene since there isnt much to choose from in this school and I dont have transport/funds ( "Moooom, can you take me and my GF to the movies?" :huh: )

(Not to mention being unable to 'move forward' with a weird sense of 'who/what the heck am I?' pervading 90% of my thoughts :cry:)

G

Glycerine

I was serious, and quiet and a good student in elementary and middle school. I started to kind of slack off in high school. I was quiet a lot of the time but became a class clown and made jokes. I would annoy my teachers by saying something potentially "meaningful and deep" and then the next moment say something completely moronic that would make the discussion go downhill from there.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was serious, extremely quiet, didn´t cause any problems, and got straight A´s. I was also very much into music - oboe and piano.

I was a total misfit socially. I had virtually no confidence, and was teased. I didn´t feel I fit into any of the social groups, so my ´role´was simply observer. Silent watcher. Always on the outside. I was sweet, however, when people did notice me or say hi to me....just way too fragile and sensitive, and didn´t have social skills/confidence so couldn´t figure out how to relate to my peers and connect with people. I had a handful of ´surface´friends, but since I was so quiet and scared, I wouldn´t call them true friendships. I don´t think I allowed anyone to really get to know me (except perhaps one girl, who I´d say was my only real friend), because after a series of rejections while younger, I internalized all of it and stopped trusting people, and was scared of my peers, basically.

Thankfully I´ve grown out of most of that by now!

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I am currently in highschool, and I'm in the well..sort of "in the" nerd group, musical group, and the liberal group. The type of people I hang out with are the type of people who talk like pirates, have beard growing contests, like music that no one "normal" has ever heard of, have James Bond nights, and overall, just have kind-hearted fun.

Negative_

i was usually in some kind of trouble.

depending on the class i would either be really quiet and low-key or the center of attention.

in most classes, i only did just enough work to not fail.

surprisingly, i was pretty popular. dunno why.

bronte

MBTI Type
infp
Invisible except to my small group of friends. Good at arts subjects -useless and fairly ignorant in other classes (not proud of that!) Dressed weirdly (the photos make me cringe) - probably what most people would have remembered about me - quiet and out of step - but pleasant and harmless enough!
teachers generally liked me because I was quiet and well behaved and would do the extra reading they suggested and have something to say about it
later I did get a little more popular (though I was never and I'm still not very comfortable in larger groups) and got invited to alot of parties because I was generally easy to talk to I think - would probably spend most of the time in the kitchen with some heartbroken soul whose boyfriend/girlfriend had just dumped them.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I was super atypical. Honor student, lead in Senior class play, Senior class president, chairman of the prom committee and I belonged to many organizations.

Raised in a very stern ISTJ fashion.

I had a darker private life of verbal and physical abuse and emotional abandonment at home and my weekends were spent secretively partying and in other more risky pursuits.

The dualistic life style really did a number on me.

Edit: When I wasn't "performing" I was a cross between Captain Chick and whatever. Yes. I was. You can still see it, can't you? ;)

Kestrel

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Let's see. I was bored mostly. I was kind of shy and mostly aloof. I was so turned off by all the cliques and social circles that I basically just kept to myself and did my own thing.

I didn't join any clubs or sports. I only had a few select friends that I spoke to regularly. I just basically grew to accept that what I excelled at was never going to show up on report cards (though I was still a B+ student).

I think a high school reunion would be fun though. I don't think anyone would recognize me now. :D

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
lazy, misanthropic, honor student

there are things to motivate action and there are unnecessary formalities, this period of my life was too much of the latter and none of the former

JRT

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Well when I ever went to school...I was quiet..got made fun of a lot..mainly because I was my own person never had a "group" of people..usually missed weeks or days of school at a time hahaha. Loved my pottery wheel though! Only thing I miss...oh and Italian class

I loved college! I only had to take courses that related to my major and found it really entertaining and interesting. Went to a practical career college got to travel to europe for two study abroads and graduated a semester early. College was less clicky which I loved and made friends much more easily

Chimerical

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w5
I played a lot of sports, but never partied with the people on my team because they were lame [and they invited me to parties, but I kinda hated them] ass jocks. They fit the jock stereotype too well and that just wasn't me, I liked sports, but I wasn't into hanging out with assholes.

I'd show up to school only if it was test day or the day I had some kind of sporting event, because I didn't feel the need to was my time reviewing the same shit I did in homeschool.

I never went to my prom, because I didn't like anyone from my school. Instead I got drunk at a college party with my friends I had at the college. My school was in a college town so I'd skip school a lot and sneak into the college classes and pretend to be a student there. They were teaching me stuff I didn't already know.

Artclass and chemistry class were the only classes I never missed a day in. Ceramics is the shit.

anainani

MBTI Type
isfp
If you ask me particularly about high school, then I went kind of on the crazy side. Lots of alchy, some drugs, stuff like that. But I never lost control completely, although it was close. Somehow I did well in school. I don't know how. I changed schools about every semester in high school, moved a lot.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Aww
Very long story
But basically that guy who was 'funny once u knew him', always awfully bored by everything we studied, never studying at all, and not really interested by most of the other kids. I first considered them as fucking retards, then just as really uninteresting.
but I was really unhappy for some and well, I changed alot since then
If I look back it's obvious i've always been an ENTP
but the more I really become like the 'typical entp' the happier I am.