• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] isxp's are poor communicators

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
I've always found ISxPs quite capable of communicating what they want to communicate. Sometimes exceptionally so... :blush: :doh:

Precisely. I am for the most part, very direct and blunt. If I'm not being that way, it's intentional, and I probably don't want to be communicating with you....

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Precisely. I am for the most part, very direct and blunt. If I'm not being that way, it's intentional, and I probably don't want to be communicating with you....

My youngest brother is ISFP, and I've had three different ISFP girlfriends. I've seen them betray themselves from a mile away before they even get a chance to say something.

Negative_

I'm pretty bad when it comes to 'keeping in touch' or initiating things. Mostly because...well, I'm fine being by myself and fairly taciturn. Once/If you actually get me to talk about something, I don't think I'm that horrible at communicating....assuming I actually want to talk to you, that is.

Any ISTPs that hate phonecalls ever feel bad about it? I have to tell people who are getting to know me that I hate talking on the phone. I find it boring/draining/have to psych myself into it because I know people feel rejected if I don't.

I much prefer meeting in person. There is no question. Quickly followed by text, facebook and email. I have definitely lost touch with friends that have moved away because I hate the telephone.
Yeah. I always hated when people I'd just met asked for my phone number, too, 'cause I feel obligated to make some kind of disclaimer. "Yeah, here's my number, but don't actually expect me to, y'know, pick up the phone and talk to you or anything."

aguanile

MBTI Type
IXXP
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah. I always hated when people I'd just met asked for my phone number, too, 'cause I feel obligated to make some kind of disclaimer. "Yeah, here's my number, but don't actually expect me to, y'know, pick up the phone and talk to you or anything."

Exactly. And it truly is nothing personal.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
bluhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
~¦Édƒ_WF°¥™ä§Š}Ë!jƒ0䧾P%áºðÌ…A£%`,LnAm8ÿÈ·²Ð”70O1Ak§Œ=ã?œºðINs–áSOÏ*‘±³X®3¬“¡ÉENÛs©sMs•3u0·$`07±ŽÄm<ÀÜa¾<ÀÜ'ÀÌCœ7À<¦€Á<YÀ`žCÀð[bCÀå$öƒ€óÌKQƒO‚ „ÑaT€±LQËϺ”"œˆ"œ`®r@l®T9àœ#°qsó'0wp¤Òq@‚Ïà%X=yTƒyLƒyƒyNK°#ÚöK`¯ƒ”32-•p@Ê $ì©2 ¸BènK-$à¡ Ì•,qŒ¢¡6|Mæ†~®dD`î)ˆ¡:ä€æ!ir@ó”`Däµ”DkB@À¶«@‘#Ô„xmb$BÖ!0ž8@#1ò®1’ƒxalBÖ´"Q‰c·ÊòµÌ.ð!&3{}2=•³øämÛ³}Úñ¬$[E^¶ªjÓ”ìŸøøÀmàßøèÀ'68*fzÞå÷&¿õøÉõä#HZßž6ûÞ¦vúÇ"ë§ÿîC ë>û˜}½*ê?3%¿)Ö¢.Ö¡.dEïj)ëÅñÈ/×·ÿ¾;˜*[s*ƒ]RrUþ†*ù,Ç)ŽªdM–]UŸÃ*ÍU±>©Ê ²™Nøý.»–‘åêdqõ2¥¸‚º™Î0ëêç3̪Ž&Ž+œÛ^–‘Zæímo<mk8dþâÝ*ÌÖSÉÚz¤ð[À´/ò±_²¦ÿʏ«¬/×ñW³œõí:þn×®uüå ¯mëøÛY^;Õá×Åéàdë/}8KuÉk‡:üªy#½¡l-¬u*¸åˆÎUÐÑR¼Å©Ç!Õ»ú´ºßƒôýý§Ã—»_îÏ)•m†Ò¡ØôøÛKÊ®æ£ý3S wÕMJÙ$û&Y» ´=Õ†6ÈùÌ)«í +øŵøLcÈ´Ø[¤ùØ"-Þ™òÎ9Ÿ=ˆ

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yeah

The ISXP's I know are excellent at communicating when they actually want to communicate with you.

so the question is: who do they want to communicate with and who do they not want to deal with?

Pancreas

MBTI Type
ISTP

I really should just make a recording of that. It'd save me time.

Winz

MBTI Type
ISTP
I would just like to further reinforce the fact that we communicate just fine when when we WANT to communicate with you.

defragmybrain

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
i'm am direct and blunt also, but if i want to be articulate on the spot, i'm dead. I agree. at least with me, I am more or less a bad communicator.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
ISXPs are either excellent or horrible communicators in my mind, i never see anything between really.

btw president bush is an ISFP

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
ISXPs are either excellent or horrible communicators in my mind, i never see anything between really.

Yuck. Just... Yuck. Well, he's the awful sort of ISFP then. I won't go into all the reasons why I think he's evil and stupidity personified, because there may be a few people on this list who would object, but... can I just say, I much prefer St. Francis of Assisi as an example of our type? Thanks.

(although Jeffster ought to be delighted with that, since he's inexplicably a Bush fan.)

Sarah

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I reckon Bush is pretty outgoing and doesn't filter what he has to say like ISFPs usually do. If he wasn't in politics I reckon he would be a decent enough guy, he just wasn't up to the job.

What is it with famous ISFPs and being batshit crazy? Micheal Jackson, Britney Spears... Although when I think about it their upbringings would have screwed up most ISFP children pretty bad. I don't think we were meant to be famous.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Whatever. Clearly the man does not have an ounce of introspection in him. Contrary to misunderstandings, introspection has nothing to do with being intuitive and all to do with looking inward. He's an extravert. Granted he could be ESP or he could be ESJ.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Micheal Jackson,.
Umm..... he could be INFP. I think that he and Prince are the same. Then again, they both have a very good business sense (regardless of their eccentricities, they have made a s**tload of $.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
upon further reflection, i think that sometimes i tend to be too vague when im cant think concisely about what im saying but i feel obligated to say something anyways

sometimes communication can be frustrating for me when it seems like to cause more confusion than information, a lot of times i want to say screw it and just let actions speak for themselves.

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
let's not use INFPs as our escape goats please lol

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP

Or both, with it depending on who they're talking to. Someone who is now a close friend of mine, I didn't especially like at first, and as she has reminded me over and over....I was a horrible communicator with her initially. (Because I didn't especially want to talk to her) Now is pretty much the complete opposite.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
(although Jeffster ought to be delighted with that, since he's inexplicably a Bush fan.)

It's plenty explicable. I'm explic'ed it many times. :)

Whatever. Clearly the man does not have an ounce of introspection in him. Contrary to misunderstandings, introspection has nothing to do with being intuitive and all to do with looking inward. He's an extravert. Granted he could be ESP or he could be ESJ.

Oh? What makes it so clear to you?

let's not use INFPs as our escape goats please lol

escapegoat.jpg