• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] isxp's are poor communicators

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
some of the less socially trained are absolute poor communicators. never returning phone calls, emails, etc. yet in person they are normal, pussies most of them except for the happier variants.
Socially trained?

Pussies?

Happier variants?

:sick:

That is probably the most flagrantly ignorant, ironic, and offensive post I have read in a long while. And in case you are a dumber "variant" of an ENFP, I will spell out to you what this is indicative of: The fact that you happen to be an epically poor communicator yourself. :yes:

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
SEE? SARAH BE GOOD AT COMMUNICATERING.

Hahaha! I love the word "communicatering." I'm pondering several likely definitions, all of which seem to be related to substituting verbal conversation for really yummy food. :newwink:

Sarah

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFPs are all liars, and criminals too. HAHA no, but seriously, you're right. SPs can't talk. Huh? Have I slept? *wanders around*

LOL.

You and Jeffster made this thread.

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I KANT TALK!

OH NOES!!!

WHAT IZ I GONNA DO???

PHAIL.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
some of the less socially trained are absolute poor communicators. never returning phone calls, emails, etc. yet in person they are normal, pussies most of them except for the happier variants.
I have two ISTPs in my family.
They are do-ers,
not so much into talking.

Every type has its pros and cons.
That's the whole purpose of learning about Type.
It helps you accept other people even though they may be different from yourself.
I don't think it's right to put another type down because of the way they are.
Besides, as they mature, a person can learn to be more balanced.

My ISTPs spend hardly any time on the phone,
and when they do, they're usually in-coming calls.
They have lots of other great qualities that are awesome.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
My ISTPs spend hardly any time on the phone,
and when they do, they're usually in-coming calls.

I hate talking on the phone. Text, IM, and Email are all fine though. I get bored far too quickly talking on the phone, and I'm not good enough at multitasking to pay attention to the conversation and do much else.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Socially trained?

Pussies?

Happier variants?

:sick:

That is probably the most flagrantly ignorant, ironic, and offensive post I have read in a long while. And in case you are a dumber "variant" of an ENFP, I will spell out to you what this is indicative of: The fact that you happen to be an epically poor communicator yourself. :yes:

:wubbie:...+1

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'd be offended if I understood what exactly (s)he was getting at.

ZiL said:
My ISFP friend mumbles all the time and it is fantastic. You never know if she's talking to you or herself . I told her she should start paying me to be her translator (well...that would require me to decipher what she's saying first...).
Mumbling is evil. My hearing is bad enough, thank you very much, without having people swallow all their consonants. Inunciation is your friend. :yes: Unless you've embarassingly forgotten someone's name. Then mumble away.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You know..I never understood where the "XXSP/J" hatred came from. It's funny that many NFs and NTs should spend so much time hating and complaining about the SJs and SPs when they don't it the other way around. It's kind of interesting...
It's just a gap in understanding. At least, I'd hope that's all it is... We need to foster communication with each other, and other warm, fuzzy things. (turns into a rabbit--what?)

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Ummm no. Most ISTPs are quite articulate around the forum... As to ISFPs, Jeff can talk the legs off the poor mule. :alttongue:

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
ISTPs usually speak too pointedly and quickly. I had a couple of ISTPs for teachers and they always overloaded me with what seemed to be extraneous detail, when the work was so introductory that it would never have required that amount of information. The physics prof I had was somewhat better because he simplified things. But there was still that switchiness about him where he seemed to change topics every five seconds or point out something so quickly that you were like, "What?" He would also ask redundant questions where the answer was the question, and the rest of us weren't thinking in such simple terms.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Simply enough... if i am not communicating with you its because i am bored of you/ don't like you/ don't see the point in the communication.
If i like you and want to communicate then of course i will answer the phone/email etc.

I do often ignore phonecalls and 'forget' to ring people back if i have no desire to speak to them.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
personally, i hear about the troubles of istps, but i don't give a crap about istp women to be honest. all they gotta do is spread their legs and get some action. they probably get 2x action than istp men. i feel no sympathy nor pity towards them, infact i actually enjoy ridiculing them and making them feel small for that fact.

i like how istp women on the internet proclaim themselves to be self-suffering sacrifices, when its more true for men than themselves. trust me on this, i speak the truth.

Not sure exactly what you are meaning by all this istpunk..... i don't feel like i am a self-suffering sacrifice... and what's wrong with it being easy to get some action??
not really sure of the relevance of your comments....

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
Simply enough... if i am not communicating with you its because i am bored of you/ don't like you/ don't see the point in the communication.
If i like you and want to communicate then of course i will answer the phone/email etc.

I do often ignore phonecalls and 'forget' to ring people back if i have no desire to speak to them.

spot on... we are very driven by reason, and if we are "never returning phone calls, emails, etc" it is also for a reason.

this thread isn't about ISXPs being poor at communication, it is about ISXPs not liking the OP enough to communicate with them :doh: i can see why.

aguanile

MBTI Type
IXXP
Enneagram
4w5

'

Any ISTPs that hate phonecalls ever feel bad about it? I have to tell people who are getting to know me that I hate talking on the phone. I find it boring/draining/have to psych myself into it because I know people feel rejected if I don't.

I much prefer meeting in person. There is no question. Quickly followed by text, facebook and email. I have definitely lost touch with friends that have moved away because I hate the telephone.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've always found ISxPs quite capable of communicating what they want to communicate. Sometimes exceptionally so... :blush: :doh: