User Tag List

123 Last

A Bittersweet Symphony... The Cat's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    478 sp/sx

Default The Cat Conversations 2019: Fi.

Greetings sentients of typology central. It is I, The Cat. Humorously egocentric master of all he surveys, and walker across keyboards; taking a moment out of my intricate schedule of cat things to discuss that most odious-- mysterious-- we're here to discuss fi.

So regardless what your feelings on Fi: fie, faux, or fun? Well that's what this thread is for.

What are your thoughts, feelings, experiences, and humorous anecdotes of the fi in the wild?

With all due respect,
    The Cat.

I am the Cat who walks by himself; and all places are alike to me...
    I let the melody shine, let it cleanse my mind, I feel free now.
    Who knows what goes on in the mind of a cat?

Likes Luminous liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ✨ Fi

I live in the wild depths of the Fi Forest. I was born here, learned to walk, then run, exploring all the flora and fauna within. I spent years staring at the sky, watching the clouds of introspection roll past, rain and shine, and gazed longingly at the stars I desired, so far away. One day, in my explorations, I saw distant glimmers in the sun through the trees. Walking out into a clearing, leaving the safety of my solitude behind, I was amazed to learn many others lived differently.

Their dwellings weren't filled with flower gardens, overflowing with feeling. There were skyscrapers, reaching high into the air, supported by Te. There were quiet libraries, their shelves filled with Ti. The Si's lived in a suburban neighborhood with cookie cutter houses where they enjoyed keeping their schedules. The Se's, well, the Se's were exploring, too, but their forests of exploration encompassed the world, they were map makers. The Ni's wrote and warned of visions they saw in their heads, while the Ne village was a charmingly chaotic open air lab where anything was possible. The Fe's ran schools and daycares and helped each other grow toward the sun.

I was surprised, and sometimes shocked at how the others could be so unlike me. I often observe them quietly, though when Ne and I get together, we're rarely quiet. And I enjoy all the sensory delights Se is fond of showing me. The metropolis is fascinating, but a bit overwhelming. There's no place like home, as they say, and home for me is my forest standing strong with trees reaching toward heaven, wanting to touch their ideals held high by the starlight, kept strong by their roots of introspection. Each passing wind refines them, shakes them just enough for them to increase their hold on the soil, filled with all the values that nourish them, forming deeper and deeper roots.
    aka Janet Beattitudes, woman about town. Kicking ass and taking names meekly, with love and respect for her fellow humans.
    Likes The Cat, cascadeco, Vendrah, Hexcoder liked this post

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    478 sp/sx

I didnt think this thread through. INFP will come... *Puts on armor and readies self*

With all due respect,
    The Cat.

Likes Ravenetta liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ✨ Fi

Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post

I didnt think this thread through. INFP will come... *Puts on armor and readies self*

offers catnip
    aka Janet Beattitudes, woman about town. Kicking ass and taking names meekly, with love and respect for her fellow humans.
    Likes The Cat liked this post

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    478 sp/sx

I've noticed that I can have an affinity for what many may call "objectively bad people" but as long as they stay cool with me, I can be cool with them. Anybody else have that?
    With all due respect,
    The Cat.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    478 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
    offers catnip
    Looks like our first guest is the queen of Fi herself. Janet Beattitudes. Hi Janet welcome to the thread where we're discussing Fi. How do you experience Fi in your daily life? Inquerious minds wish to know.
    With all due respect,
    The Cat.

Likes Luminous liked this post

Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar

I've noticed that I can have an affinity for what many may call "objectively bad people" but as long as they stay cool with me, I can be cool with them. Anybody else have that?
    I think I get what you are saying. It's the only reason anyone would ever actually like me.
    But really, I do... I can put up with certain negative behaviors as long as my personal ethics and boundaries aren't being crossed. On the opposite side of the same coin, if someone I liked did something grievously unethical to someone I don't even know but I knew about it, I'd have no problem gutting them and walking away without an ounce of sympathy.

I hope that makes sense. I'm too lazy to think harder right now and my fricken hands are freezing.
    Perpetual mood

"It is not the personality's task to tell the truth,
    but to seem to, try to, or try to seem to."

Philip Trussell

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    478 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    I think I get what you are saying. It's the only reason anyone would ever actually like me.
    But really, I do... I can put up with certain negative behaviors as long as my personal ethics and boundaries aren't being crossed. On the opposite side of the same coin, if someone I liked did something grievously unethical to someone I don't even know but I knew about it, I'd have no problem gutting them and walking away without an ounce of sympathy.

I hope that makes sense. I'm too lazy to think harder right now and my fricken hands are freezing.
    tbh I'd probably give the sympathy to the person I know over the feral human I did not. But I suppose it would depend a lot on the functional practicality of that. I tend to think most people would if they were honest with themselves.
    With all due respect,
    The Cat.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp

I sort of have that, although overtly and intentionally cruel people have my absolute disgust and rage. People who cause harm by mistake I have waaaaaay more patience with than normal people tend to have. I've always been curious about and befriended the socially rejected people.

Someone like Ted Bundy I'm curious about how something like him happens, and so could objectively study it, but I could also look him in the eye and end him myself.
    bunny omi

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    478 sp/sx

all fi user are secretly ready to kill people who we deem need killin. With love of course.

With all due respect,
    The Cat.