• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] The bane of your existence and intuitve narcissism

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
What a curious thread, wanders in and is intrigued.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
No type is inherently better than any other, it all depends on how you look at it, and people should not discriminate based solely on type.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I understand the need for posting the things the op did and I'ld like to back it up hereby if possible.

I personally have had never an advantage in life by being a dreamer. On the contrary, I was dependant all my life on direction given to me by a Sensor. Be it my Dad or a good friend, I myself am able to so heavily loose grip on reality that I end up in a mess in my room, drunk, dirty and exhausted.

I've lately spoken to my very practical istp colleague at work about online forums and he said he wouldnt ever sign up for that because the talk is so impersonal on those forums that the are a platform for all kind of jerks to mask themselves as someone they will never be and thru that neither the listener nor the speaker would achieve anything. I asked him then if it wouldnt be intresting for him to be another person for some time, just for experience and he said, of course but he wouldnt need an online forum for that.

So the question is, are those people on an online forum more ill and those who are not more sane or vice versa ? And I think this question cant be answered, it's all a matter of perspective. The same I do think about the S and N difference, it is a matter of perspective. While I as an N would dream all my life about flieing my own airplane and how cool that would be, I'ld probably be disappointed or be to fearful if someone actually would take me on a ride. Therefore I'ld maybe become a good airplane engineer, dreaming of wild adventures every nite and putting all my love into an airplane design. While a S-type couldnt understand how I could just dream about it and take all the necessary steps to become an airplane pilot to later design an airplane of his own, with all his love, according to specifications he learnt by experience.

I do not think that he and me, so the N pilot and S pilot wont ever not get along with each other, they just have different motivations and things they want from life. And this is a thing largely decided by personality in the end and not necessarily by a N or S divide.

I am a guy who worries alot, I've for each thing I do, a number of 100 possible scenarios how and why it could fail. My Dad tends to comment on that with "You worry too much. While you sit in the car looking in the back mirror what that guy behind you is doing, you'll crash into the guy before you."

My Dad's an istp with high morales and he's one of the finest persons I ever met in my life. He's a businessmann and is successful with his plumping company for 30 years now. He's a rolemodel to me, but I am convinced, if we werent family, we would have never become friends; cause despite my high school education and every degree I achieved, he still thinks I am an idiot, because I still fail at age 27 to deal with the most common things in life, like understanding a car contract correctly or paieing ur bills on time or accepting that this cruel system we live in will eat me alive if I dont play by its rules.

And this is the one thing, I'll never get along with with sensors. I've accepted their desire to not to be too sensitive about everything and to just do some things without worrieing about anything but having the constant feeling they think of me I am an idiot because I am an idiot is frustrating for myself. Thats like being the dork everyone picks on in the class room for all his life. And people who share that similiar feeling will ultimatly vent on this forum.

Cause if we dont want to kill all our idiots and rid the world from their existance, we have to find a way to cope with them.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This thread got revived from the dead.

Anyhow, for me, it generally comes down to people first. In real life, I really don't care what MBTI type other people are. If I get along with another person, cool. If not, so be it.

I do notice certain forums like to hold on to stereotypes though.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How about those of us who are apathetic to intuitive crap? We can both play that game...

Sunny Ghost

i don't know if i agree with any of this. i think, overall, most of humanity celebrates creativity, intelligence and the like. and i'm also certain that neither of these qualities are strictly sensing or intuitive qualities. and being a dreamer isn't strictly an intuitive quality, but that of a creative thinker or feeler. i've known several intuitive types that are wildly popular or high up in the company they work for. i don't really understand where intuitives think they are being beaten down?

i think people are also forgetting how the functions work.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
I understand the need for posting the things the op did and I'ld like to back it up hereby if possible.

I personally have had never an advantage in life by being a dreamer. On the contrary, I was dependant all my life on direction given to me by a Sensor. Be it my Dad or a good friend, I myself am able to so heavily loose grip on reality that I end up in a mess in my room, drunk, dirty and exhausted.

Self hate seems like a better compromise. That doesn't sound like N you're describing (or why an N would always need assistance from a S). ...that sounds like. ..something else.
I see what you're saying, tho. Being N is basically being incapable in most areas. Perhaps.
I also disagree with the idea that "dreaming" in an intuitive behavior.

I think it comes down to something more intangible than that. N qualities are often considered impotent and N interests are generally considered meaningless in "real life".

Having said that:

i don't know if i agree with any of this. i think, overall, most of humanity celebrates creativity, intelligence and the like. and i'm also certain that neither of these qualities are strictly sensing or intuitive qualities. and being a dreamer isn't strictly an intuitive quality, but that of a creative thinker or feeler. i've known several intuitive types that are wildly popular or high up in the company they work for. i don't really understand where intuitives think they are being beaten down?

i think people are also forgetting how the functions work.

I can kind of see where Ns stick out like a sore thumb in "society".

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I agree with this post.
There is no type that is better than any other type.
I got interested in type and started trying to learn more about different types so that I could understand both myself and other people better. If I could understand why they acted the way they did, then I could realize that they weren't doing certain things just to annoy me. Knowing something about personality type (and I am far from an expert on the topic) has helped me become a more patient and understanding person. I have learned to accept others for who they are. I have also learned to understand the difference between likely behaviors that are type-based, as opposed to behaviors that are just negative and unacceptable. I've also learned to be more assertive and to say that I won't accept those unpleasant behaviors.
Knowing about type has really helped me with interpersonal relations.
But I don't believe that any type has a corner on smartness or on creativity or on any other positive quality. We can all strive to be better at these qualities. We can all work at developing our talents, whatever they may be.
As an S-type, I am not stupid. I am not stuck in a rut of having to do things the same way all of the time.
I am an individual who has a very active extraverted sensing function that needs to be fed (constantly). It is just who I am.
Thank you.
I will now hop off of my soap box because I am ready for breakfast!!!!

No type is inherently better than any other, it all depends on how you look at it, and people should not discriminate based solely on type.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I'm a sensor and a dreamer/idealist .. Like i always say 'Don't judge a book by it's cover'

KDude

@OP: :laugh:

Umm.. some of the N elitism doesn't really bother me. Except the INTJ forum. Which doesn't piss me off either so much as amuse me. I've only glanced at it, but it seems like I've noticed it more there than elsewhere. Particularly some sort of brand of "physical" + "mental" perfection, where they imagine themselves to be super geniuses with the asskicking ability of Chuck Norris. I'm exaggerating, but I mean, the elitism is funny when people appropriate all kinds of badass shit to their type.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ The INTJ forum seems to have a decent amount of ISTJs, despite any INTJ label under their avatar...

KDude

Yeah, I was thinking that. When an INTJ says his role model is Vin Diesel in Fast and the Furious, my first thought is that he's some kind of confused sensor.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

Umm.. some of the N elitism doesn't really bother me. Except the INTJ forum. Which doesn't piss me off either so much as amuse me. I've only glanced at it, but it seems like I've noticed it more there than elsewhere. Particularly some sort of brand of "physical" + "mental" perfection, where they imagine themselves to be super geniuses with the asskicking ability of Chuck Norris. I'm exaggerating, but I mean, the elitism is funny when people appropriate all kinds of badass shit to their type.

I don't know what the hell that is, but it does seem to be an INTJ forum thing. I don't like that place.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
and this thread reminded me a bit... what kind of annoys me is that there ARE plenty of people online who bitch about stupid, inflexible sensors "who don't understand my unique and special self :boohoo:" without even BOTHERING to understand sensors in the least... Some of us are on here because we don't fully fit in in the real world either- you're not special just because you "aren't understood and don't fit in"- you're human!

The crap that people post about sensors at times, and how they never feel accepted because of them, is pretty rediculous. I stand out like a sore thumb in every day life and I'm PROUD to be a sensor... and you know what else is strange? I don't consider anything that any iNtuitive here types to be crazy bizarre and incomprehensible- I get along well with intuitives in real life and shockingly they don't consider me to be stupid or shallow just because I'm different :doh:

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I don't know what the hell that is, but it does seem to be an INTJ forum thing. I don't like that place.

Many of them have some preconceived social hierarchy role that is something along the lines of NT>NF>ST>SF(shouldn't it be like SJ and SP? lol). Basically, the closer you get to ESFP, the more likely they consider anybody that isn't liked to be some ESFP. It is a hopeless case really.

There is some good people there... if you can find them.

KDude

Many of them have some preconceived social hierarchy role that is something along the lines of NT>NF>ST>SF(shouldn't it be like SJ and SP? lol). Basically, the closer you get to ESFP, the more likely they consider anybody that isn't liked to be some ESFP. It is a hopeless case really.

I'm sure there are cool people there. As for ESFPs, it's funny that there are actually people who hate them so much. I know some (not all) are "shallow" in some sense, but to hate on that entire type is taking this way too seriously. This goes without mentioning that on one hand, you have someone who is classifying and hating on types, and on the other hand, the ESFPs being hated probably don't even care anyways. They are going to live their lives whether this other person likes them or not. It's a waste of time even for the person who's hating.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

Yeah, JTG is there and there was this one ENTP chick who was kind of funny.

But seriously, yeah, I guess it's alright...I just get bored in their chat room, I got an infraction within like 70 posts for calling someone a troll who was OBVIOUSLY a troll, and many of them just seem to be really haughty or have a stick up their butt. Of course there are cool INTJs. There are INTJs that I like, but intjforum just has this weird stuffy vibe.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I tried to get into INTJs forum, I didn't, there seems to be some kind of intimidation factor when it comes to NT forums for me. Hay wait a minute hahah I did not so innocuously bump this thread to talk about NT dynamics. I was interested to understand the attitude people have in relation to then and now since this is a curiously made thread of long time ago. My best friends are SF and ST. I manage to find them more often too and enjoy their presence. Makes me feel grounded. Though I have to say conversation wise its awkward because I'm struggling to recall situational conversations and want to talk that intuitive talk. Instead I listen more.

Personally the differences hinge more on maturity and alignment towards their health system. That is whether S or N. Perspective when in lower tones the negative intentions tend to be entirely different and non accommodating however when in higher tones the attitude tends to have positive intentions and non judgmental and non discriminating as much because the breadth of experience between experiencing how people are transcends the variance and attitude of personality preference somewhat. However that isn't not to say that either can rub a dub a dig bigger holes than Gran Turismo because haha. My word people are people, after all arrogance, stubbornness, humility and the ego certainly have a thing or two to say about the personal projections unto each other from the depths of who we are as incumbent to who others are.

Its a strange symmetry of pulleys and systems and each pro and con is a perk accordingly to how its interpreted in many ways. In that respect I see this more an experience, health and cultural issue where our deeply held thoughts and emotions are expressing how we are being from the initiation in our ideas from those people that influence our outcomes, beliefs and ideas most. A bit like exploring the inner core of what makes each circle travel in reaction to another planetary alignment of another persons emotional fields.

Rather the intuition while a internal exploration of thought is very well and fine and being sensory while a external exploration of thought make for interesting outcomes. Rather internal meaning not without external and internal input of analysis that depends on a subconscious level of awareness. And external meaning not without external and internal input of analysis that depends on a visceral conscious level of awareness. Both are abstract and non abstract in their ways.

Blabbing.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I tried to get into INTJs forum, I didn't, there seems to be some kind of intimidation factor when it comes to NT forums for me.

I'm not intimidated, I'm just annoyed with their asshattery. I'm more bored, amused, or combative than intimidated. A lot of it is eye-rollingly pathetically funny. As others have pointed out, some of them probably aren't even INTJs. :dry: But I've noticed that this sort of thing went on at infp global chatter too. There's something amiss about these homogenous forums where most members are one type. It's just not for me. Going to other forums really made me appreciate Type C, for all of it's own little quirks. :D

So now I can bring this back on topic by saying that part of my annoyance with intjforum or infpglobal chatter is that differences can be good, and I also agree that compatibility can have more to do with maturity, tolerance of differences, willingness to learn from one another, and shared interests than S or N. It really all comes down to the individual.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm not intimidated, I'm just annoyed with their asshattery. I'm more bored, amused, or combative than intimidated. A lot of it is eye-rollingly pathetically funny. As others have pointed out, some of them probably aren't even INTJs. :dry: But I've noticed that this sort of thing went on at infp global chatter too. There's something amiss about these homogenous forums where most members are one type. It's just not for me. Going to other forums really made me appreciate Type C, for all of it's own little quirks. :D

So now I can bring this back on topic by saying that part of my annoyance with intjforum or infpglobal chatter is that differences can be good, and I also agree that compatibility can have more to do with maturity, tolerance of differences, willingness to learn from one another, and shared interests than S or N. It really all comes down to the individual.

Yeah true, which is just as well infpgc dissolved, it was a bog for negative manifestations and loops that was how it was. I found myself wanting to shape myself to a more critical attitude over at INTJs and found myself drained just by thinking about the energy needed to expand towards this strangely.