• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Bruises and injuries- love them or hate them?

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love bruises and minor injuries. i love to bleed/bruise.... to feel pain- It makes me feel so alive. (normally sport induced... i can see how this could be turned into a sexual thing but i don't mean it that way:newwink:)

Anyway, is this an SP thing? Does anyone else out there love the physical hurts?

6sticks

MBTI Type
istp
Hell yes. Not in a lame suicidal depressed way. It's more about pride... and just feeling alive. And it's a visible indication that you're getting tougher, stronger, better. That's how I see it, anyway.

wolfy

awsm
I love the pain and bruises from lifting and powerlifting shirts and suits.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
:shock: No. No me gustan. If I'm playing sports I like to push myself till I feel the burn, but cuts, scrapes, bruises? :dont:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...Anyway, is this an SP thing? Does anyone else out there love the physical hurts?

Um, no, I can't particularly say I enjoy physical pain.
Although sometimes after a workout, it feels nice to feel tired or that my body has been used. It's just that mental stimulation and bruising does a lot more.

*can't scrub mind clear of Bill Murray as the patient in "Little Shop of Horrors*

wolfy

awsm
Um, no, I can't particularly say I enjoy physical pain.
Although sometimes after a workout, it feels nice to feel tired or that my body has been used. It's just that mental stimulation and bruising does a lot more.

*can't scrub mind clear of Bill Murray as the patient in "Little Shop of Horrors*

I love that scene. Steve Martin is so frustrated.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
I can't say I enjoy it, but I know what is being talked about. Especially when I was young, I was... reckless. I've never done anything serious (no broken bones, even), but I've fallen from trees, off fences, etc.

Those were different, somehow. They were always ignored (if I wanted to keep going) or cherished.

The cool wounds don't bother me. Now that I"m an office worker... well... it's hard to see a paper cut as more than... a paper cut.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I can't say I enjoy it, but I know what is being talked about. Especially when I was young, I was... reckless. I've never done anything serious (no broken bones, even), but I've fallen from trees, off fences, etc.

Those were different, somehow. They were always ignored (if I wanted to keep going) or cherished.

The cool wounds don't bother me. Now that I"m an office worker... well... it's hard to see a paper cut as more than... a paper cut.

Paper cuts are the office equivalent of Chinese water torture. Or is that mail merges? I want to crawl under my desk when I have either one.:cry:

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I bump into things and and get random cuts and scraps often.. it's more annoying than anything.

I never got the "I like pain because it makes me feel alive" people. I feel perfectly content and alive without blood loss.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
I get those muscle pains in my feet and gastrocnemii, and rather than ease out of them, I like to push and hold it for as long as I can. I've done the exercise thing, too. I was always the 'to the limit and two more' guy. And the pain from stretching: ohhh yeaahhh.

Cuts and bruises specifically: no.

Have we really found an S specific thing?

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Paper cuts are the office equivalent of Chinese water torture. Or is that mail merges? I want to crawl under my desk when I have either one.:cry:

Hah hah...

Not exactly a "Feels good to be alive" moment, eh? I can't remember the last time I felt that. :(

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I love bruises and minor injuries. i love to bleed/bruise.... to feel pain- It makes me feel so alive. (normally sport induced... i can see how this could be turned into a sexual thing but i don't mean it that way:newwink:)

Anyway, is this an SP thing? Does anyone else out there love the physical hurts?

Totally.

I was writing about this in my blog.. how the best things about surfing and skating are as follows: with surfing (where I surf), it hurts like hell to walk on the rocks out to where the waves break, but after a while it feels good.. and the cold water feels good and it makes you feel alive, like an animal. With skating, there's the risk you run of really hurting yourself or at least scraping up your hands.. that makes the berry's juice all the sweeter...

I have always enjoyed the pain you must endure to capture a pleasure and a thrill that most others don't experience. Even running up a hill. Your chest and right under your tongue ache, but it hurts so good.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Totally.

I was writing about this in my blog.. how the best things about surfing and skating are as follows: with surfing (where I surf), it hurts like hell to walk on the rocks out to where the waves break, but after a while it feels good.. and the cold water feels good and it makes you feel alive, like an animal. With skating, there's the risk you run of really hurting yourself or at least scraping up your hands.. that makes the berry's juice all the sweeter...

I have always enjoyed the pain you must endure to capture a pleasure and a thrill that most others don't experience. Even running up a hill. Your chest and right under your tongue ache, but it hurts so good.

hmmm, well now that someone puts it like this, I might be able to relate. If the pain is associated with or part of something pleasureful, it makes sense to associate positively with the pain.

My muscles hurting after a good work out hurts really good.

Also, pain can cause endorphins to flood your brain.. that's probably it right there.

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp

Aaaah! No pain, no pain! :horor: I'm one of those SPs who seek warm, yummy sensations instead. Actually, my family laughs at me for being such a wimpy drama queen about anything pain-related, and I can't say bruises make me feel beautiful.

Sarah
ISFP

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Had to get 40 stiches and 40 staples due to an injury several years ago. The scar runs across the inside of my left knee. My pride and joy.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
maybe im nostalgic but ive always thought that bumps and scratches give something character ;)

i wouldnt say i like injuries, id say im indifferent to them... just a part of life and the activities that're likely to give em to you

< holy crap new avatar :huh:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Scars are cool. My fav is a gash on my knee from crashing into a truck whilst time-trialing on my bike. I finished the race, and didn't even get last place!

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
I can't say that i like bruises or cuts. I see them as minor physical annoyances, temporary and irritating.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
Hmm, I kind of like the way cuts/scars typically look. Although, at this point, I have enough (I build/machine a lot of stuff, and gloves/long sleeves aren't my style.)

Pain doesn't really both me...

Yeah, I know...typical answer, but I really don't notice it most of the time, I once flipped a dirt bike, got back up and continued riding, and didn't think I'd gotten hurt, until a friend told me I had a huge gash on the back of my arm...

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Every one of them was earned. Sometimes foolishly. They're like a diary of where the body has been and what it has been doing.

Had my very first black eye this summer and I was fascinated. At least until it started to turn that yellowish-green which is more suitable for Halloween.

It was difficult to resist the temptation to weave a story of some kind of reckless heroism around the shiner. Who wants to say they fell down and got a black eye?