• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Bruises and injuries- love them or hate them?

heart

heart on fire
I don't really get much out of physical pain. I get a lot of chronic pain that I'd be willing to trade someone! :D

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I look at them much the same way I do my tattoos... a memento of something that happened. :)

I have a nice scar on the knee I broke, my right foot has a large scar across the top from where I'd nicely sliced it down to the tendons in a car accident and my little toe on my left foot sits completely crooked after I broke my metatarsal and never got it set right... these things disturb some people, but I really find them to be an important part of who I am by now!

A history of rock climbing, boxing and barefoot hiking has left me with a nice ability to ignore pain :doh:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't like pain, but do like bruises/scars. I'm not really sure why...

I had a big bruise on my nose from a soccer ball, a few weeks ago (I was lucky not to break it). it was great...

anainani

MBTI Type
isfp
As a kiddo, I always had bruises from playing sports and such. I remember I was proud of them, I don't even know why. I guess because of the whole feeling alive thing.
Nothing sexual here :D, but I have high tolerance for pain in general. I wonder if it's also an SP thing. It's weird, since, having Se, I should have hightened awareness of my senses, thus, feel more pain, no? But then maybe the Se makes you get more used to it, and somewhat makes you "tougher". Dunno.

Pancreas

MBTI Type
ISTP
I have high tolerance for pain in general.

Me too. I've been in a number of situations where I've got the "doesn't that HURT???!!".

I sometimes don't notice I'm bleeding or severely bruised until afterwards (when I unwittingly hit the bruise or notice the bloodstains on my clothing/furniture/other).

I also tend to see bruises and scars as things to be proud of. Bruises are good in that they don't hurt unless you knock them. Injuries that leave me with less than normal mobility/ability are eeeevil though.

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
As a kiddo, I always had bruises from playing sports and such. I remember I was proud of them, I don't even know why. I guess because of the whole feeling alive thing.
Nothing sexual here :D, but I have high tolerance for pain in general. I wonder if it's also an SP thing. It's weird, since, having Se, I should have hightened awareness of my senses, thus, feel more pain, no? But then maybe the Se makes you get more used to it, and somewhat makes you "tougher". Dunno.

Not me! I prefer Se and I hate physical pain. Seriously, am I the only SP here who doesn't enjoy hurting his or herself? That's really odd.

Sarah

Pancreas

MBTI Type
ISTP
Not me! I prefer Se and I hate physical pain. Seriously, am I the only SP here who doesn't enjoy hurting his or herself? That's really odd.

Sarah

I don't enjoy hurting myself. I don't enjoy pain. I just seem to get injured on a fairly occasional basis. :D

But again, I think I have a high pain threshold. As in it doesn’t seem to hurt as much as other people seem to think it does, or should. :huh:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm quite terrified of physical pain. It's difficult to resist the temptation to plan my whole life around avoiding it, to the point of being willing to give up almost everything else to do so.

I also think bruises and other such things are somewhat disgusting and painful to look at, not something to be proud of. Sorry, I only feel pity for an injured person.

I've been willing to inflict copious amounts of emotional pain on myself to avoid situations that might involve physical pain. To be honest, there are an embarrassing number of times in my life when I've thrown away every last thing that ever meant anything to me (family, friends, goals, values, principles, etc), just to avoid pain.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Sarah
I don't like hurting myself, I just think if you have to go through the pain (usually from clumsiness), it's nice to get something to show for it. :D

me_plus_one

MBTI Type
ESTP
I hate bruises and injuries. I am not bothered that much by the physical pain, but more by the inaesthetical aspect.
Usually, I try to avoid geting hurt.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't like hurting myself, I just think if you have to go through the pain (usually from clumsiness), it's nice to get something to show for it. :D

To me if there is no pain you arent pushing yourself hard enough. If your surfing and you arent getting hurt, you need to try bigger waves. My last bruise which lasted for months was from trying to crawl over the front of my jetski while doing donuts at full throttle:D. Slammed my knee into the side of the jetski. If you dont hurt yourself you arent really pushin your limits.