• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Aging for the SP

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I can't remember if there has ever been a thread about this, but I've become curious about how other SP's have aged and how that has changed their actions and perspectives.

How have you changed as you've aged?

Do you have a better sense of who you are?

What are some perspectives you used to have, but time and experience changed your view?

Do you like yourself?

Do you think you've gotten mentally healthier or unhealthy with time?

Any insecurities you have now that weren't there in your youth?

Any regrets you would like to go back and fix?

Feel free to add and express whatever comes to mind in terms of aging for you.

PurplePal

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Hi so I'm not sure if i can provide you with a helpful reply, since I'm in my early 20s (not thaat old) but since there haven't been any replies so far i figured it's better than nothing?so yea

How have you changed as you've aged?

Do you have a better sense of who you are?
For sure, I mean it's still constantly evolving, since I'm still young, and to be honest I think life with all it's good and bad sides will always make us evolve and rediscover parts of ourself in one way or another, but I feel like I have core charakter traits, values, perspectives etc. that are defining to who I am as a person and while there's still a lot to discover about myself I feel like I do know myself a lot better than in for example my early to mid teens which were just a messy time tbh.

What are some perspectives you used to have, but time and experience changed your view?
(I have a hard time putting my thoughts to words in a coherent way at times, so bear with me on this one fdiaghri)
I used to worry a lot about how other people perceive me, in all aspects of life. I felt that I had certain images I had to maintain in my different social groups and felt inadequate whenever I failed to come across in certain ways. I deep down knew that this wasn't good for me and desired to fully be myself, but it took some time for me to truly realize that I can just be myself. ( my upbringing plays a big role in this. Both my family and the social envioronment in my school had pretty clear images of what they wanted people to be like and yeaa) (I also had a lot of other things that came to mind but I really don't know how to put that into words rn, sorry)

Do you like yourself?
yes. there are aspects of myself that I dislike and feel insecure about, but overall i like who I am.

Do you think you've gotten mentally healthier or unhealthy with time?
I think my additude became healthier. I still struggle with insecurities aand doubts, but the way I approach them has changed a lot througout the past years. I learned to accept myself more and I have a much more positive outlook on myself and others.
As a general thing, I do think that mental health is a very up and down thing regardless of where you are in life. Mental health issues can hit you at any point for various reasons, and even after things got better external or internal influences can cause you to relapse after having recovered pretty well in the past, so that's a very individual thing. I'd say.

Any insecurities you have now that weren't there in your youth?
Perhaps I became a little more conscious of my Inferior Ni to speak in MBTI terms? Like, I don't have a healthy relationship w it by any means, but I think I noticed my shortcomings in that area more and that is a thing I do feel insecure about.

Any regrets you would like to go back and fix?
Not really. I personally really see it as "the past is in the past". I have regrets, but I don't dwell on them. I learned from what went wrong, I moved on, that's it.