• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTP Ti dominant, using logic to build an understanding.

StormySchye

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hi ISTPs. How do you use Ti? How do you build your logical frameworks? What is the process, where do you find the pieces to the things you put together? How do you define things, how do you fill your categories and put the pieces together to build the logical structures you have? If you don't mind please go into detail about this and give some examples, thank you.

Fredzel

MBTI Type
ISTP
Based on fixing computer issues:
1) Check what is an issue about. What really happened? Ask user. Observe it in the system. Is that incorrect or only user says it is? When it happened? Did it happened once or multiplt times? For one or more users. Is that important issue or should be ignored (any risk involved or just inconvenience) etc.
2) Gather data. First listen, then think. Example: Never start analysis of the system problem without checking out all possible impacting factors including user action, authomatic processes, performance issues, setup, non standard developements, starndard changes etc. Even if you think you know the reason behing error- check all the data. Otherwise your analysis may be based on opinions, not facts
3)Did I see this kind of issue before? If yes assume this is the reason behind but still pass to point 4 as you cannot be sure. If not- pass to point 4.
4) Analyse if the factor really could have anything to do with the issue (f.ex timing of the issue versus timing of other occurances, functional interconnections etc.). Is it possible that issue was caused by 1 factor only or maybe a combiunation must have occured? If the point 4 autcome proves your outcome of point 3- fix. If not - check what was different and continue to search for rationale. If you are stuck - go to point 5
5) Check in the web if there is any help available from other experts (articles etc.) Verify if they make sence.
6) If not or you did not find anything usefull - ask if any of known collegues could know solution. Verify if their point of view makes sence. If they do not - tell them. If the advice was bloody stupid- do not ask them again.

I'm not going to give you answer on "how do you fill your categories and put the pieces together to build the logical structures you have?". What this question even means? I could answer but please be precise or give examples of what you mean (2 at least).

t4u7

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Hi ISTPs. How do you use Ti? How do you build your logical frameworks? What is the process, where do you find the pieces to the things you put together? How do you define things, how do you fill your categories and put the pieces together to build the logical structures you have? If you don't mind please go into detail about this and give some examples, thank you.

The logical framework is built up over my lifetime and the source could be anywhere from what I have seen, what I have thought, what I have read etc. I consider my framework to be simple due to my natural tendency to filter bullshits and therefore only the fundamental and essential ones are kept for the sake of flexibility and simplicity.

I don't define things, or rather I forget about it after I give it a definition because once I have sort it out it goes into the pool that is my logical framework and kinda lost its own identity afterwards. What you implied is assuming everyone finds the right tool from their different drawers. There is no categorization or definitions when I think about something. What you do is apply everything you know in your pool of knowledge / framework on whatever problem you are working on.

Imagine yourself pouring a can of paint (your knowledge / framework) on something (your problem) and whatever turns out will be something unique and tailor made for that particular problem only. All you need to do is to make sure your can of paint is of excellent quality that flows perfectly.