• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Ever resent being an SP?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yes...... the SFP is really strong.... I'm a smart person but can't look ahead in time more than a couple of hours... when I try to plan anything I get overwhelmed.... 90% of my day is spent doing things based on what I feel like for the moment.
So its hard for me to study for tests, get my car fixed, find a job, clean my apartment... I think life would be a lot easier if there was more J!!.....

(And that's my excuse for being bad at life.)

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I've been trying to live more in the moment--the "be here now" mentality--but it's really (really) hard. :(

IMO, focusing on the present (with enough learned in hindsight to keep one healthy, and enough pattern recognition to not get caught by surprise and kicked off your feet all the time) is a very healthy way to approach life and I want to achieve this better than I currently do.

That's funny, if anything what I don't like so much about being SP is a lack of foresight and drive towards the future, it seems there are so many other types out there that will berate you if you're not planning as much as they are. Although I have to laugh when they get so flustered when something spoils their well laid plans, when I can adapt to the same event easily.

I've also wondered about how great it would be to be an extrovert and have a huge social network, that is untill I think about the amount of effort that would be required to maintain all those relationships, then I'm quite happy being introverted.

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
That's funny, if anything what I don't like so much about being SP is a lack of foresight and drive towards the future, it seems there are so many other types out there that will berate you if you're not planning as much as they are. Although I have to laugh when they get so flustered when something spoils their well laid plans, when I can adapt to the same event easily.

I've also wondered about how great it would be to be an extrovert and have a huge social network, that is untill I think about the amount of effort that would be required to maintain all those relationships, then I'm quite happy being introverted.

Wow. Quinlan, I totally relate to everything you just wrote. !!!!

Sarah

wolfy

awsm

I quite like looking to the future. But I think I do it for the sake of change. To add a little spice to life. Drives my wife crazy.

Unique

Nope, I'm thrilled to be an SP. Also have to agree with feeling like other types (very much so the SJs) are looking down on us for how we do things.

I was on the phone to my friend the other day saying how his job is doing his head in. His boss says things like

"so what detailed plan do you have for today?"

and my friend would say

"I will do things as I usually do" then he lists some general ideas of what he will be doing for the day

boss says

"thats not very detailed you're going to get behind on work blah blah blah"

Now my friend states that his method of doing things gets things done just as fast if not faster due to being able to spontaneously come up with things on the spot as the work changes as the day goes on.

The problem with these "plans" is nothing ever goes to plan and we know it!

Granted my friend isn't an SP he is a ENFP but I could relate heavily to what he was saying (that was just one example he was on the phone for quite a while)

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
That reminds me, in uni I was told that as the business world becomes more complex and unpredictable, detailed and long term planning actually starts becoming a handicap more than anything. The successful companies will be the ones that are adaptable and opportunistic, when everything is changing constantly long term plans just drag you down and don't allow you to quickly jump at new opportunities or avoid new threats. Stodgy old SJ style management might have been effective in the stable and predictable 50's but not so much today.

That's right, the Ps shall inherit the earth (or at least the business world). :D

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
Nope, I'm thrilled to be an SP. Also have to agree with feeling like other types (very much so the SJs) are looking down on us for how we do things.

I was on the phone to my friend the other day saying how his job is doing his head in. His boss says things like

"so what detailed plan do you have for today?"

and my friend would say

"I will do things as I usually do" then he lists some general ideas of what he will be doing for the day

boss says

"thats not very detailed you're going to get behind on work blah blah blah"

Now my friend states that his method of doing things gets things done just as fast if not faster due to being able to spontaneously come up with things on the spot as the work changes as the day goes on.

The problem with these "plans" is nothing ever goes to plan and we know it!

Granted my friend isn't an SP he is a ENFP but I could relate heavily to what he was saying (that was just one example he was on the phone for quite a while)

hahahaha! That boss sounds like the kind of person I absolutely HATE working for! Good thing your friend can shrug off his ultra-planning mentality and not let it get to him.

Makes me think I'm all the more lucky I work for an SP boss who leaves all the details to me. As long as I get stuff done, she's cool with whatever my "plans" for the day are.

Sarah

wolfy

awsm
Louis Pasteur:

In the fields of observation chance favors only the prepared mind.

This is P kind of planning. Ready Set Go.

Unique

hahahaha! That boss sounds like the kind of person I absolutely HATE working for! Good thing your friend can shrug off his ultra-planning mentality and not let it get to him.

Makes me think I'm all the more lucky I work for an SP boss who leaves all the details to me. As long as I get stuff done, she's cool with whatever my "plans" for the day are.

Sarah

I had an ISTJ boss...

*insert long story here*

I quit my job. :17425:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

I was just saying the other day how thankful I am to have an SP boss. He's got a bad temper and a tendency to yell and slam drawers around and stuff, but if I have whatever he needs at the time he needs it, then he usually leaves me alone otherwise and lets me work in my own way.

Kleinheiko

MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
9w1
I have sometimes almost wished I was a J. Almost . . . It has occurred to me that my biggest goal for my life is to become in some way unique from everybody around me. Basically the definition of a P. But when I think of the number of people living in the world, and everybody's different talents and personalities, it seems as though it is impossible for me to be truly original. Sometimes it seems as though it would be nice to be content simply being just like everybody else.

As I am now, though, if I tried to simulate a J, I would probably go mad, be put in a nice padded room with a comfortable jacket with sleeves that reach all the way around the back, and people could look at me through a small window for the rest of my life.

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have sometimes almost wished I was a J. Almost . . . It has occurred to me that my biggest goal for my life is to become in some way unique from everybody around me. Basically the definition of a P. But when I think of the number of people living in the world, and everybody's different talents and personalities, it seems as though it is impossible for me to be truly original. Sometimes it seems as though it would be nice to be content simply being just like everybody else.

As I am now, though, if I tried to simulate a J, I would probably go mad, be put in a nice padded room with a comfortable jacket with sleeves that reach all the way around the back, and people could look at me through a small window for the rest of my life.

What enneagram type are you?

Kleinheiko

MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
9w1
I don't know. I'll go take a test.

edit: Looks like I'm a 9 or a 5
I don't know enough yet to really decide.

edit 2: I finally actually read up on it. I'm a 9w1.

Last edited: