• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] How do ISTJs flirt?

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
Specifically females, but males are okay to know too. I'm just curious.

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ
Specifically females, but males are okay to know too. I'm just curious.

Ummmm, badly? My flirting is really subtle (probably to the point of being unnoticeable). It usually involves witty banter, lots of sarcasm, and just joking around constantly.

Quite frankly, I'm awful at emotional things...I don't know how to express my emotions outwardly without it being awkward. I feel a lot and think a lot on the inside, but getting those feelings to come out is a very rare occurrence, and usually makes me slightly uncomfortable -- and this occurrence has to happen naturally with someone that I am VERY comfortable with and trust a lot.

If you have ever gotten an ISTJ to "spill their emotional guts" to you, consider yourself very blessed. They'll likely stick around as a friend (or more) for life.

As for flirting through being seductive or something, you can probably forget about that. We usually don't stand out in a crowd, and unless the ISTJ you're talking about is smokin' hot and actually has the confidence to go along with it, we probably dress more on the conservative side.

I'm really trying to think here...I know what I don't do, but saying what I do do is very tough. Usually the people that have asked me out in the past just said that I was "different." It's probably that I don't try and stick out...I'm just myself and don't try to force things. I never take initiative. I figure if something will happen, it'll happen eventually. Kind of like the whole "waiting" thing that was mentioned in the Male ISTJ thread.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
You know what my ISTJ brother-in-law did? He would invite my sister over to watch tv with him. It took quite a while for my sister to realize that he thought they were "dating". It's kind of cute, really.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Recoleta's post sounds a lot like me, too, even though I'm a male. I was thinking of starting a reply with the same joke! That's funny.

But let's let the females reply. :yes:

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I was away from home for quite a while this last winter and one day I called my ISTJ husband up and said, "Flirt with me a little bit."

Looooooooooog silence.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
:rofl1: I can imagine!! I actually heard a story last night that I absolutely died laughing about!!
Ditzy girl: <Waking up the next morning after escapades.> I want.. Pancakes! <hopeful look!, starry eye'd!>
ISTJ: <Looks at her.> No.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I can only think of one SJ flirting experience, she might have been ISFJ, and it was the opposite of subtle. Like hormones took over and she temporarily turned from typical to...Stripper maybe?

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
kyueei, that made me laugh out loud. I totally get that.

Once when my young husband was feeling amorous and I 'had a headache" he said to me in a pathetically pleading tone of voice, "Yeah, but I mowed the lawn today."

Honest to God.

All romance flew out the window with that one!

Just see what I've had to suffer.;)

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Not related to flirting but similar in tone to the difference between types, I've learned not to grab his toothbrush in the morning. He becomes terribly offended if I put something in my mouth that he's had in his. Go figure. . .

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
LOL!! No way!! >.o So tolerant you are! I just don't understand that sort of attitude!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Not related to flirting but similar in tone to the difference between types, I've learned not to grab his toothbrush in the morning. He becomes terribly offended if I put something in my mouth that he's had in his. Go figure. . .

Also not understood. tongue + tongue = okay. Clean toothbrush + tongue = Clean toothbrush and teeth = NOT OKAY.

ArbiterDewey

MBTI Type
ISTJ
:rofl1: I can imagine!! I actually heard a story last night that I absolutely died laughing about!!
Ditzy girl: <Waking up the next morning after escapades.> I want.. Pancakes! <hopeful look!, starry eye'd!>
ISTJ: <Looks at her.> No.

Wonder who that was...:D

I agree with Recoleta and Cimarron. It just doesn't happen comfortably for us.

ArbiterDewey

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I was away from home for quite a while this last winter and one day I called my ISTJ husband up and said, "Flirt with me a little bit."

Looooooooooog silence.

Understood.

Over the phone = No. :confused: lol

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
Ummmm, badly? My flirting is really subtle (probably to the point of being unnoticeable). It usually involves witty banter, lots of sarcasm, and just joking around constantly.

Quite frankly, I'm awful at emotional things...I don't know how to express my emotions outwardly without it being awkward. I feel a lot and think a lot on the inside, but getting those feelings to come out is a very rare occurrence, and usually makes me slightly uncomfortable -- and this occurrence has to happen naturally with someone that I am VERY comfortable with and trust a lot.

If you have ever gotten an ISTJ to "spill their emotional guts" to you, consider yourself very blessed. They'll likely stick around as a friend (or more) for life.

As for flirting through being seductive or something, you can probably forget about that. We usually don't stand out in a crowd, and unless the ISTJ you're talking about is smokin' hot and actually has the confidence to go along with it, we probably dress more on the conservative side.

I'm really trying to think here...I know what I don't do, but saying what I do do is very tough. Usually the people that have asked me out in the past just said that I was "different." It's probably that I don't try and stick out...I'm just myself and don't try to force things. I never take initiative. I figure if something will happen, it'll happen eventually. Kind of like the whole "waiting" thing that was mentioned in the Male ISTJ thread.

Interesting!

Like how the guy described his broth-in-laws way of "flirting," how would the same thing apply to you? If you liked someone, how would you try to grab their attention? Or demonstrate you like them(even if it's incredibly subtle)?

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I've never seen my husband "come on" to anyone.

He just hangs out looking his very ISTJ self and women flirt with him.

As a very rigidly principled human this works to his convenience. He doesn't have to compromise his standards.

Example:

At a party one night I came out of the bathroom and saw a pretty blonde sitting on his lap.

When I'd tended to business - protecting my "property" - heh - I had a quiet word with him. Quiet but not unheated.

His response? "Yeah, but I didn't do anything. She just came along and sat on my lap."

The poor thing. . . ;)

Anja said, "Um. Let's talk about personal responsibility."

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I don't think I flirt. I hate letting on that I like someone, I'd rather die.