User Tag List

Off to new adventures LittleCat's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Default Fashion and Style

What are some of your favorite looks? What styles do you incorporate into your wardrobe?

Black, black, and more black... I like alternative styles

Given a choice I'd rather buy something fashionable and unique, but since I have no money or sewing skills, it's just street wear that's affordable.
    There's no love in fear.
    - Tool

Do we want to remind you of something? Yes: the world is good and we belong here.
    - Richard Siken
    Likes LittleCat liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by agentwashington View Post
    Black, black, and more black... I like alternative styles

Given a choice I'd rather buy something fashionable and unique, but since I have no money or sewing skills, it's just street wear that's affordable.
    I hear you! Black and alternative styles are quite eye-catching. Have you ever had any luck at second hand stores? The ones around me are pretty garbage, but once in a rare while there will be something worth getting.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleCat View Post
    I hear you! Black and alternative styles are quite eye-catching. Have you ever had any luck at second hand stores? The ones around me are pretty garbage, but once in a rare while there will be something worth getting.
    I haven't had much luck when it comes to second hand stores, sadly.
    There's no love in fear.
    - Tool

Do we want to remind you of something? Yes: the world is good and we belong here.
    - Richard Siken

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Aww If I were good at sewing, I'd offer my services at a steep discount, but I'm not that great at sewing...

I think our luck with second hand stores is about as dismal as my ability to make interesting threads xD Not a very SJ topic, I guess. :p

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I have great luck at second hand stores. In fact, most of what I wear comes from them, though this is in large part because I don't like most of the styles shown in regular stores. When there is something I like and I try to go back a couple years later to replace it or get another, it is gone. Very frustrating. I tend to be fairly picky, and will wear only what I like.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by LittleCat View Post
    Aww If I were good at sewing, I'd offer my services at a steep discount, but I'm not that great at sewing...

I think our luck with second hand stores is about as dismal as my ability to make interesting threads xD Not a very SJ topic, I guess. :p
    Check out thredup.com !! An awesome online secondhand store
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I have great luck at second hand stores. In fact, most of what I wear comes from them, though this is in large part because I don't like most of the styles shown in regular stores. When there is something I like and I try to go back a couple years later to replace it or get another, it is gone. Very frustrating. I tend to be fairly picky, and will wear only what I like.
    Same about being picky. Along with taste, I'm thinking that location has a lot to do with the quality or style of clothing available at second hand stores. Anyway, that's awesome that you're able to make good finds at your local second hand stores! Makes one out of the group of us

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Check out thredup.com !! An awesome online secondhand store
    Thanks, Cascadeco! Will do. It's always exciting to get new suggestions to try out ^-^

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so

For me, I prefer to wear clothes that feel good. I'm not too picky (I do like to have a wide variety of colors in my closet though I do have a lot of blues). I just sort of do my own thing.

I tend to wear denim pants nearly everyday, and I'm not big into skirts or dresses. I have a few, and I do think it's good to dress up every once in awhile, but I honestly don't like the feeling of openness that skirts and dresses leave between my legs.

I also don't wear turtlenecks due to a life long hatred of having objects closely positioned around my collarbone/neck area. Necklaces and scarfs, interestingly enough, don't bother me, but nearly everything else does.

I also dislike wearing anything too tight, low cut, or sleeveless. This is mostly due to discomfort and the paranoia I have regarding disasterous wardrobe malfunctions in public regarding these types of outfits. If I feel like I could potentially be exposed in a way I don't want to be seen, I'm not going to want to wear a piece of clothing.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by LucieCat View Post
    For me, I prefer to wear clothes that feel good. I'm not too picky (I do like to have a wide variety of colors in my closet though I do have a lot of blues). I just sort of do my own thing.

I tend to wear denim pants nearly everyday, and I'm not big into skirts or dresses. I have a few, and I do think it's good to dress up every once in awhile, but I honestly don't like the feeling of openness that skirts and dresses leave between my legs.

I also don't wear turtlenecks due to a life long hatred of having objects closely positioned around my collarbone/neck area. Necklaces and scarfs, interestingly enough, don't bother me, but nearly everything else does.

I also dislike wearing anything too tight, low cut, or sleeveless. This is mostly due to discomfort and the paranoia I have regarding disasterous wardrobe malfunctions in public regarding these types of outfits. If I feel like I could potentially be exposed in a way I don't want to be seen, I'm not going to want to wear a piece of clothing.
    I share your dislike of clothing that is tight, low-cut, or sleeveless. I also hate those silly very short or cap sleeves that seem so commonplace. It is near impossible to find shirts and blouses with real above-the-elbow sleeves. I have taken sometimes to buying long sleeve shirts and cutting the sleeves. I also won't wear high heels, tights/stockings, purses, and avoid items without usable pockets. I disagree on turtlenecks, though, which are a staple of my wardrobe. I dislike plain open round or v-necklines, so it's either turtlenecks or shirts with collars. The turtlenecks are knits and so never need ironing and travel well. I even wear them with my good suit for formal business occasions. I wear thin cotton ones in the winter under woolen sweaters.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...