• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] Fashion and Style

LittleCat

Off to new adventures
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What are some of your favorite looks? What styles do you incorporate into your wardrobe?

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Black, black, and more black... I like alternative styles

Given a choice I'd rather buy something fashionable and unique, but since I have no money or sewing skills, it's just street wear that's affordable.

LittleCat

Off to new adventures
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Black, black, and more black... I like alternative styles

Given a choice I'd rather buy something fashionable and unique, but since I have no money or sewing skills, it's just street wear that's affordable.

I hear you! Black and alternative styles are quite eye-catching. Have you ever had any luck at second hand stores? The ones around me are pretty garbage, but once in a rare while there will be something worth getting.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
I hear you! Black and alternative styles are quite eye-catching. Have you ever had any luck at second hand stores? The ones around me are pretty garbage, but once in a rare while there will be something worth getting.

I haven't had much luck when it comes to second hand stores, sadly.

LittleCat

Off to new adventures
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Aww :( If I were good at sewing, I'd offer my services at a steep discount, but I'm not that great at sewing...

I think our luck with second hand stores is about as dismal as my ability to make interesting threads xD Not a very SJ topic, I guess. :p

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have great luck at second hand stores. In fact, most of what I wear comes from them, though this is in large part because I don't like most of the styles shown in regular stores. When there is something I like and I try to go back a couple years later to replace it or get another, it is gone. Very frustrating. I tend to be fairly picky, and will wear only what I like.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Aww :( If I were good at sewing, I'd offer my services at a steep discount, but I'm not that great at sewing...

I think our luck with second hand stores is about as dismal as my ability to make interesting threads xD Not a very SJ topic, I guess. :p

Check out thredup.com !! An awesome online secondhand store

LittleCat

Off to new adventures
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have great luck at second hand stores. In fact, most of what I wear comes from them, though this is in large part because I don't like most of the styles shown in regular stores. When there is something I like and I try to go back a couple years later to replace it or get another, it is gone. Very frustrating. I tend to be fairly picky, and will wear only what I like.

Same about being picky. Along with taste, I'm thinking that location has a lot to do with the quality or style of clothing available at second hand stores. Anyway, that's awesome that you're able to make good finds at your local second hand stores! Makes one out of the group of us :)

Check out thredup.com !! An awesome online secondhand store

Thanks, Cascadeco! Will do. It's always exciting to get new suggestions to try out ^-^

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For me, I prefer to wear clothes that feel good. I'm not too picky (I do like to have a wide variety of colors in my closet though I do have a lot of blues). I just sort of do my own thing.

I tend to wear denim pants nearly everyday, and I'm not big into skirts or dresses. I have a few, and I do think it's good to dress up every once in awhile, but I honestly don't like the feeling of openness that skirts and dresses leave between my legs.

I also don't wear turtlenecks due to a life long hatred of having objects closely positioned around my collarbone/neck area. Necklaces and scarfs, interestingly enough, don't bother me, but nearly everything else does.

I also dislike wearing anything too tight, low cut, or sleeveless. This is mostly due to discomfort and the paranoia I have regarding disasterous wardrobe malfunctions in public regarding these types of outfits. If I feel like I could potentially be exposed in a way I don't want to be seen, I'm not going to want to wear a piece of clothing.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For me, I prefer to wear clothes that feel good. I'm not too picky (I do like to have a wide variety of colors in my closet though I do have a lot of blues). I just sort of do my own thing.

I tend to wear denim pants nearly everyday, and I'm not big into skirts or dresses. I have a few, and I do think it's good to dress up every once in awhile, but I honestly don't like the feeling of openness that skirts and dresses leave between my legs.

I also don't wear turtlenecks due to a life long hatred of having objects closely positioned around my collarbone/neck area. Necklaces and scarfs, interestingly enough, don't bother me, but nearly everything else does.

I also dislike wearing anything too tight, low cut, or sleeveless. This is mostly due to discomfort and the paranoia I have regarding disasterous wardrobe malfunctions in public regarding these types of outfits. If I feel like I could potentially be exposed in a way I don't want to be seen, I'm not going to want to wear a piece of clothing.
I share your dislike of clothing that is tight, low-cut, or sleeveless. I also hate those silly very short or cap sleeves that seem so commonplace. It is near impossible to find shirts and blouses with real above-the-elbow sleeves. I have taken sometimes to buying long sleeve shirts and cutting the sleeves. I also won't wear high heels, tights/stockings, purses, and avoid items without usable pockets. I disagree on turtlenecks, though, which are a staple of my wardrobe. I dislike plain open round or v-necklines, so it's either turtlenecks or shirts with collars. The turtlenecks are knits and so never need ironing and travel well. I even wear them with my good suit for formal business occasions. I wear thin cotton ones in the winter under woolen sweaters.