• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] Is this is common for ISTJ?

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As an ISTJ, I find most pranks/jokes to be stupid and annoying.

I'm talking about when people make those kind of jokes:

ISTJ Person: Hello, nice to meet you.
Another Random Person: Hehe, you suck xD
ISTJ Person: What? Thats very rude.
Another Random Person: That was a joke. Stop being a girl and grow thicker skin ... "Insert other stupid gibberish about jokes*

Is this is common fior ISTJ's to dislike those kind of jokes? Because I do hate those jokes.

Also, what type is common for making those kind of jokes?

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That is the dumbest joke ever, they should be more creative than that.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

Another Random Person: That was a joke. Stop being a girl and grow thicker skin ... "Insert other stupid gibberish about jokes*

Is this is common fior ISTJ's to dislike those kind of jokes? Because I do hate those jokes.

I’m no ISTJ but...what?? I’d be imagining myself slapping that person clear across the face as they were talking for daring to waste my time with such idocracy. I don’t have the context to this alleged “joke”, but I don’t even think I want to know the context as I feel it wouldn’t help me to perceive that joke any better.

To be fair though, some idiotic things do leave my mouth as well so...

rav3n

Relative to an ISTJ ex, he used to like and make puns and didn't mind practical jokes as long as they weren't blatantly rude like what you experienced.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I think most jokes aren't funny. I can't stand the stuff on Comedy Central or the Late Night shows.

I'm partial to Rita Rudner's brand of comedy.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
An ISTJ certainly can have a sense of humor, but I find it tends to be dry, direct, and sorta teasing with a touch of playfulness.

An ISTJ ex told me to never play a prank on him. He had all sorts of weird boundary related rules (never eat in bed or the car, don't put your feet up on the dashboard, never say "sexy time" or "hun", and other such things).
He was kind of a self-centered dick, but I think a lot of his rules revolved around not wanting me to remind him of prior girlfriends.

Anyway... expect a stubborn rigidity with an ISTJ.

Nix Tempesedo

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Yeah that joke just sounds stupid.
I'm a thick skinned person so rude things like that don't hurt me. But I'm very much just.... why? What's the point? It's not even funny?
But as Tellen said, I also don't find most jokes funny, I prefer witty and clever humour to things like puns etc.

Suaimhneas

I can't speak for myself as I am not an ISTJ, but my sister is. She has a sarcastic sense of humor and can appreciate some light silliness. However, when it comes to rude, obscene, or practical jokes? Nope. Both in childhood and adulthood, pranks or anything that could be seen as offensive were met with extreme anger and rigidity. I learned pretty quickly that slug bug was definitely a no go. When TV shows such as Impractical Jokers, Punk'd, etc. are on she cannot stand to watch it. I think even seeing it in that form causes her a lot of anxiety. The particular joke in question is pretty lame... I imagine it being something thrown around in an elementary schoolyard. I don't think many adults would find it funny, but my ISTJ sister would definitely have the same reaction you stated in your hypothetical example.

jamain

MBTI Type
IST_

I'm with you. I appreciate a good joke, but I find the majority of jokes I encounter on a regular basis to be quite sophomoric.

I definitely dislike those that are at someone else's expense. If someone says something insulting to me "you suck, etc." I will typically ignore them. If they want my attention/interaction that is not the way to go about it. Especially online as I will usually choose to ignore them.

I don't think those type of jokes are necessarily type related. I tend to think they have more to do with the maturity of the individual. (may be young or not so young)