• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] ISTJs: Cooler than we thought?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
-Overrepresented among both male and female small business owners compared with national sample.
-One of two most overrepresented female types in a substance abuse program.
-More frequent among African Americans.
-Among the four highest in college GPA.

ISTJ - Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging - Ransdell Associates

These things kind of surprised me when I read them.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't see where you're going with this. Something like this? :

-Owning/operating a small business is cool.
-Admitting you have a drug problem, and trying to fix it, is cool. (Or that doing drugs in the first place is cool.)
-African Americans are cool.
-Having a high college GPA is cool.

You make an interesting collection of points. I didn't go to the link, though. That might have explained it. :D

Last edited:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My ISTJ friend is excelent for conspiring with for halloween tricks. Making a group of young drunks panic in a barely lit park is priceless. :D

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
GPA is a much better measure of your ability to follow instructions than your ability to think. So it makes sense that ISTJs would excel in that respect.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My wife is ISTJ, and when she's unhappy she embodies the worst aspects of ISTJdom ever!

She can still surprise me though. There's a lot going on that you won't be aware of.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
(Something that was mentioned on another thread and is relevant here: )
I'll just add, in passing, that personalities are complex things, obviously, so it's always hard to explain someone's personality as a whole. You can't really see the whole thing until you experience it firsthand. I guess...

Last edited:

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
All the ISTJs I know are cool people.
They can be a tad close-minded but they are fun people to talk to and play games with- especially on topics they are knowledgeable about.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
ISTJs aren't really "James Caan" cool, ever. They can be cool in that ISTJ way. Like "Oh, no, he's cool, don't worry."

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
My wife is ISTJ, and when she's unhappy she embodies the worst aspects of ISTJdom ever!

She can still surprise me though. There's a lot going on that you won't be aware of.
So you're saying you agree that Leia is ISTJ.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know a few cool ISTJ's. It's the only kind of SJ that I usually like.
I think ISTJ's are about as cool as INTJ's. That says a lot. Really love their practical view on things.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
-Overrepresented among both male and female small business owners compared with national sample.
-One of two most overrepresented female types in a substance abuse program.
-More frequent among African Americans.
-Among the four highest in college GPA.

ISTJ - Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging - Ransdell Associates

These things kind of surprised me when I read them.

I think we're overrepresented among those with chronic pain and those with drug issues because we're emotional retards.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
They're all listed here. I think that the ESTP stats are quite interesting as well.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
ISTJs are an interesting group to study. not that i think they'll match very well with my own type, but they are complexed creatures. i think the ISTJ is interesting in that they stand firm in what they believe in (social expectations etc.) and at the same time, earn to cut loose. an ISTJ at work and an ISTJ at a work party are 2 different people. i'll go as far to say that when an ISTJ goes nuts, they are very ENFP. i like the dynamics that an ISTJ chooses to juggle.

Atomic Fiend

Why wouldn't ISTJs be cool, doesn't that depend more on the person then his or her type? I'm pretty sure they're cool and lame ISTJs.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

ArbiterDewey

MBTI Type
ISTJ
ISTJs are an interesting group to study. not that i think they'll match very well with my own type, but they are complexed creatures. i think the ISTJ is interesting in that they stand firm in what they believe in (social expectations etc.) and at the same time, earn to cut loose. an ISTJ at work and an ISTJ at a work party are 2 different people. i'll go as far to say that when an ISTJ goes nuts, they are very ENFP. i like the dynamics that an ISTJ chooses to juggle.

I have been told that at partys I go very much ENFP whenever I've had an adequate number of beers. I become talkative, emotional and have to hug everyone while playing the drunken name game. Also I spit out insults to the unprepared and insecure. :nice:

Good times...

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Not to mention, but brother, whenever you get pissed, you express yourself in a over-the-top ENFP balls to the wall, lets raise fire hell and brimstone kind of way.

And don't go taking that like a compliment or anything