• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] ISTJs: Cooler than we thought?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Not sure why anyone would have had the impression that ISTJs were ever anything less than really fucking cool...

:cheers:

Cenara

One of my friends (that I talk with regularly) is an ISTJ. He's a cool dude. In work-mode I respect his focus and principles on the job; and when he's chilling...he's very humorous, down to earth and what not. Decent :)

alicia91

I really like them too. They can be a bit hard to get to know, but once you do - they can be a lot of fun, and very intelligent. :)

dnivera

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Dear ISTJs,

Stop stressing out so don't you put our type into the 'overrepresented for chronic pain' and 'high risk for heart attack' categories.

Chill out already! Breathe! You know you're cool.

Love,
dnivera

PS. Well, in retrospect, I guess bank officers and financial managers are having a hard time now. All the more reason to take an extra chill pill dudes!

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
As my husband slowly slips into the world of instant past, sometimes he forgets he's ISTJ, and for a brief moment he's KEWL! C'mon Alzheimer's and bring it on!

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
They can be a bit hard to get to know...
Probably true. I don't generally make myself easy to get to know. Strangers may stay strangers...

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Not sure why anyone would have had the impression that ISTJs were ever anything less than really fucking cool...:cheers:
Much was based on the stereotypes and prejudices of the average person considering themselves intuitives. For years, and even still today but not as much, it wasn't cool to be anything but intuitive on the forums. It has taken a long time, but people are begining to realize the rareness in type and one being better than the other are mere myths.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I don't know about the statement that they are hard to get to know. If Alicia is talking about their deeper thoughts and feelings I can see that, for sure. Sometimes I'm uncertain whether they are there at all. His feelings range seems pretty basic to me.

But as far as what they value, it is firmly stamped upon each unwasted act of the day! That's the way I "read" my spouse.

And when it comes to feelings I genuinely believe that he is puzzled by what he is feeling and what to do about it. He has several "tells" that have proven accurate over time. He actually scratches his head, cartoon-like when he feels stymied. There's that jaw-twitch thing. And when it comes to fight or flight he rapidly finds something in his environment which needs "fixing" and sets himself to it pronto. Eye contact goes out the window when the first flicker of anger begins to dawn, with the eye contact gradually increasing in intensity as the anger builds, until it becomes a hostile stare accompanied with, "No. I don't feel angry."

Time for Anja to take a walk.

I just had a thought: In today's society it is often considered to be uncool to be steadfast and dilligent in pursuing what one believes. Could this be a piece of the idea that ISTJs are uncool?

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I thought he meant for decades past, but that seemed unrealistic. So I figured he must have meant this forum. Other forums...oh. Not that important, anyway.

Winz

MBTI Type
ISTP
My mom's an ISTJ. She's pretty cool. She plays video games like all the cool kids.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Years? How old is this forum? The oldest join date looks like 2007, from what I can remember. :huh:
This forum is a spin off from many other forums that were around like INTPC and I can't N-Central.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I thought he meant for decades past, but that seemed unrealistic. So I figured he must have meant this forum. Other forums...oh. Not that important, anyway.
Actually prior to the forums being developed, we chatted on yahoo groups a decade ago. There was a group for every type and then some. In fact I think that some people still prefer yahoo groups to the forums. They still seem to be active.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Whaddayaknow, there's even an ISTJ group.

brb

Penguin

MBTI Type
ENTP
hmm, i dont know if this has been posted before or not, but ISTJ's are great people, it takes a looong while for them to open up and show their good side to the people they love, but once they do, oh well its just awesome :yes:
i posted this as a compliment to my very good ISTJ friend, i know he may not ever read this, but im pretty confident that other ISTJ's will apreciate it :D

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
One site describes them as "salt of the earth."

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
SJs are a sexy lot. :devil:

I know that much.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Anyone else think that Larry Mullen Jr, from U2 is an ISTJ?

I love that guy. Cool as ice and very smart.