• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] being happy with an istj

bradly22

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wonder sometimes why I love ISTJs. Their serious and reliability is to die for. I have always been interested in going out with ISTJs. ISTJs are the most reliable type ever. That is why I love them. They are someone who compliments my emotional side. Anyone else ever felt that way? :D

burningranger

Ambience seeker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Er, no. ISTJs are an abomination and should be allowed to die out.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
ISTJ women are all about following the rules, and I'm all about overthrowing the status quo. Naaah, thanks.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think the stability and predicability an ISTJ could provide is valuable.
I think there is loveable qualities in all the types to love. Don't be ashamed of it. :)

burningranger

Ambience seeker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Agent, Captain : Both of you hide your types behind aliases. Your pariah status is quite indisputed now. The world has changed. Our genes have done their work starting with the baby boomers...and now the world belongs to US. Don't worry, you can keep some of the cogs of the old paradigm turning if it helps assuage your existential doubts...but the New world is Finally here!

(i actually tend to get a long really well with healthy istjs..)

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
ISTJs are objectively the best type. This is fact.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
bradly22 said:
I wonder sometimes why I love ISTJs. Their serious and reliability is to die for. I have always been interested in going out with ISTJs. ISTJs are the most reliable type ever. That is why I love them. They are someone who compliments my emotional side. Anyone else ever felt that way?

Definitely in the running for 'post of the year'. :D

I do hope you find one.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Agent, Captain : Both of you hide your types behind aliases. Your pariah status is quite indisputed now. The world has changed. Our genes have done their work starting with the baby boomers...and now the world belongs to US. Don't worry, you can keep some of the cogs of the old paradigm turning if it helps assuage your existential doubts...but the New world is Finally here!

Don't think it is fair to act like you're type (NeFi) is any better or worse than their type (SiTe). All types are needed, and have great strengths and weaknesses. Even if we do tend to not get along with a particular type (sometimes I DO struggle to gel with ISTJ) it does not mean they suck, it just means our personalities differ a bit too much.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wonder sometimes why I love ISTJs. Their serious and reliability is to die for. I have always been interested in going out with ISTJs. ISTJs are the most reliable type ever. That is why I love them. They are someone who compliments my emotional side. Anyone else ever felt that way? :D

Good luck. Hope you find a good one. My mom is an ISTJ and her strength, reliability and attention to minutiae made my life easier and harder at the same time! They generally don't seek the spotlight or recognition for their efforts but when they are there for you, there is no doubt!

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Yes. Most of my best friends (and one boyfriend) have been ISTJs. It was the steadfastness and excellent, mostly hidden, sense of humor of that I admired so much.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream

is this generational hunger games

... i'm katniss. i want that flaming outfit coz i'm flaming too

Littleclaypot

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Eh..
There's no way an ISTJ could fulfill all of my needs.
BUT that is just the small scope of my human experience. If you feel this way then thats great! :]

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
people who are like 'istjs ain't shit'

do you go to a party just to say 'hey i'm not in the mood to hang'

...consider this: we ain't interested either

:wink:

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
istjs are fuckin rad they flock to me so i collect them it's win/win

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
yama said:
istjs are fuckin rad they flock to me so i collect them it's win/win

How many ISTJ friends do you have?

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
yama said:
I think 6?

Sorry to bug you, but now I'm curious. May I ask how the percentage of ISTJ friends compare to the other types. In other words, 6 ISTJ friends wouldn't be anything unusual if you also had 5 ENFPs, 4 ISFJs, 5 INTPs, etc. Are ISTJs over-represented in your circle of friends?