• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] How did you come to type yourself as an SJ?

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
I'm pretty sure many of us aren't as
:rules:
as our type descriptions make us out to be, and functions - or even dichotomy - don't have much to do with the descriptions that get assigned to our type.

From a certain perspective, it seems strange that we'd type ourselves as SJ, when we could literally type ourselves as NJ and avoid all those negative stereotyping.

What makes you type as SJ in typology communities? How did you come to identify yourself as this type? Inquiring minds, etc.:D

-Outsider-

Milkwalker
One day I looked inside of myself and realized that I was not a human being, but a robot. And thus, I became an SJ.

SwimmerGal97

A hell of a lot of data collecting over a number of years, seeing how I responded in different situations, getting outside opinions as well as my own...it was a long process :L

Initially the ISFJ descriptions did put me off- like you say a lot of SJs aren't like how descriptions say, however my functions definitely make me at the very least an ISXJ because my Si is so strong. I'm not really the mothering, nurturing type like descriptions make out ISFJs to be, and although I am caring I'm certainly not one to shower people in love and affection.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
A hell of a lot of data collecting over a number of years, seeing how I responded in different situations, getting outside opinions as well as my own...it was a long process :L

Initially the ISFJ descriptions did put me off- like you say a lot of SJs aren't like how descriptions say, however my functions definitely make me at the very least an ISXJ because my Si is so strong. I'm not really the mothering, nurturing type like descriptions make out ISFJs to be, and although I am caring I'm certainly not one to shower people in love and affection.

Yeah I feel. and the descriptions of the types are so specifically situational, that outside of these scenarios it's hard to identify ourselves as SJ at all since obviously we only maybe act that way like five percent of the time at best.

Functions are where it's at, I guess. And yeah, it's a long process, too.

- - - Updated - - -

I like routines and massage chairs.

nic_cage_srs_2.jpg

I truly appreciated that input.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To be honest, when I originally got into MBTI most of the questionaires I took told me I was an SJ. Sometimes I question my S because I also have N qualities so I always feel like I am borderline there. Nonetheless, I strongly relate to the J factor and if there is anything I feel 100% about in my MBTI type, it is the fact I am a J. I love structure, routine, and have made personalized menus for certain days a specific meal solely for the sake of a desire for structure in my eating life.

I am madness. XD

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've always known it instinctively. But yes, if going just by the stereotypical descriptions alone, I'm probably not very SJish but the functions don't lie. :p

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I identify with Rohrshach and a majority type him as an SJ.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've actually always typed as an SJ, since the very first MBTI test I took. Of course, as I learned more about MBTI, I went through a long period of angst over the god awful descriptions, but even through all that, I just knew I was an SJ. :shrug:

Sil

This is a test.
I originally typed as ESTP, then ENTP. As I learned more about the functions, realized ESTJ was likely a better fit.

I still have doubts (I strongly relate to Ne and ESTJ descriptions don't fit me), but it seems to make sense.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
I originally typed as ESTP, then ENTP. As I learned more about the functions, realized ESTJ was likely a better fit.

I still have doubts (I strongly relate to Ne and ESTJ descriptions don't fit me), but it seems to make sense.

Te and Ne do kinda have better synergy than with Si in ESTJ, which could be a factor. If Si wasn't so stronk (tm) in me, i'd probably have gone with another type again.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Actually I have always had a great deal of respect for following the rules. What led me to this was simple, there's several reasons. I am tactful yet to the point, I am traditional and serious and that's why I'm somewhat boring. I want to be in charge, I believe that I would make a competent leader if only people would listen to me and respect me. My idea of reflection is simply going over what actually happened in my mind, and that's Si, then I do that until I can make decisions based on my understanding, and that's both Te and Si.

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Promises and commitments mean the most to me. Loved ones come first. Kindness and action matter more than empty words.