• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] What makes an ISTJ fall for someone?

GRRRR

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well I like an ISTJ
Idk if he likes me or not so... what could be the signs that he likes me?
and how can i make him like me

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Show up at the same place, at the same time, at close enough proximity, and there's a good chance something will grow on us like fungus grows in a moist environment.:D

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Could you contextualise this question?

People in general are attracted to other people who they can form a bond with of sorts. So we can say that regardless of type, people will tend to fall for people who have something in common with them. Or sees something in another person that they admire.

GRRRR

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Could you contextualise this question?

People in general are attracted to other people who they can form a bond with of sorts. So we can say that regardless of type, people will tend to fall for people who have something in common with them. Or sees something in another person that they admire.

Duh. What I meant is how different is istj in that regard, thats why I brought up istj in the first place, do they tend to admire something specific, etc

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Duh. What I meant is how different is istj in that regard, thats why I brought up istj in the first place, do they tend to admire something specific, etc

By context, I meant why you're asking. Curiosity? Attraction?

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Yeah, you have to be more specific. Even if you don't want to give a reason for asking, it would be a lot more fruitful for a discussion or some kind of exchange if there's some kind of direction to steer this into.

Otherwise, I mean. My fungus statement holds.:D

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What do you mean why? because I want to know
Theres an ISTJ I like, and yeah

By 'why', I mean your purpose. From what you're saying, it seems to me like you're asking 'how can I get this person who is an ISTJ to fall for me'. Is that correct?

GRRRR

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, you have to be more specific. Even if you don't want to give a reason for asking, it would be a lot more fruitful for a discussion or some kind of exchange if there's some kind of direction to steer this into.

Otherwise, I mean. My fungus statement holds.:D

Well I like an ISTJ and I want to make him like me because I'm shit at that kinda stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

By 'why', I mean your purpose. From what you're saying, it seems to me like you're asking 'how can I get this person who is an ISTJ to fall for me'. Is that correct?

indeed

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
thanks and very cute comic

what kinda qualities do istj generally like?

Well, as the comic states, 'every girl/guy is different'. Do you personally know him/her?

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Well I like an ISTJ and I want to make him like me because I'm shit at that kinda stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

indeed

Well, it's probably hard to tell without resorting to general statements like "like any introvert, but with less risk-taking (unless we have a huge crush, then inferior Ne kicks in and we start doing things that are so out of character that it will definitely chase the other person away).

I can't speak for other ISTJs, but ethics are a very important part. Respecting boundaries, capacity for negotiation, a fundamental respect for another person as a human being, and so on. Being Tert Fi, it's strong enough to influence what we do. Ethics are simply something that can't be disregarded. You can be the most charming person in the world, and we still won't trust you if we don't think you're a good person. (Unless we're naive. That happens, but only for as long as the front is kept up. And we usually will remember and keep stock.)

Being Si dom, we prioritise things - and people - that's been there a long time. If your feelings sustain over a period of time, there's a good chance we may reciprocate even if we don't have any feelings at the start. That's what I meant by the "fungus" comment. (It's a joke, but also probably true for Si doms in particular - we just like things that are familiar to us, even if said familiarity has little redeeming qualities. We're sentimental as hell.)

I did a quick google to see what would likely work, and came across this. Hope it helps, and best of luck: Must-Know Guidelines for ISTJ Relationships | MBTI Personalities

Oh forgot the second question:

Basically, Te is our aux function, and when we like someone/something, it will manifest in practical ways. It probably won't be terribly sentimental unless we worked very hard to try and speak another love language, and you can tell if the ISTJ is going out of their way to make sure you're safe/fed/secure/etc.

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
Just follow the rules and be a good person. Hahahha

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

GRRRR

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, it's probably hard to tell without resorting to general statements like "like any introvert, but with less risk-taking (unless we have a huge crush, then inferior Ne kicks in and we start doing things that are so out of character that it will definitely chase the other person away).

I can't speak for other ISTJs, but ethics are a very important part. Respecting boundaries, capacity for negotiation, a fundamental respect for another person as a human being, and so on. Being Tert Fi, it's strong enough to influence what we do. Ethics are simply something that can't be disregarded. You can be the most charming person in the world, and we still won't trust you if we don't think you're a good person. (Unless we're naive. That happens, but only for as long as the front is kept up. And we usually will remember and keep stock.)

Being Si dom, we prioritise things - and people - that's been there a long time. If your feelings sustain over a period of time, there's a good chance we may reciprocate even if we don't have any feelings at the start. That's what I meant by the "fungus" comment. (It's a joke, but also probably true for Si doms in particular - we just like things that are familiar to us, even if said familiarity has little redeeming qualities. We're sentimental as hell.)

I did a quick google to see what would likely work, and came across this. Hope it helps, and best of luck: Must-Know Guidelines for ISTJ Relationships | MBTI Personalities

Oh forgot the second question:

Basically, Te is our aux function, and when we like someone/something, it will manifest in practical ways. It probably won't be terribly sentimental unless we worked very hard to try and speak another love language, and you can tell if the ISTJ is going out of their way to make sure you're safe/fed/secure/etc.

thank you very much! that cleared up everything. thats why i like ISTJs, always so reliable and helpful.

also how did you get the mage and level in your sig? thats pretty cool i think, theres a quiz for this or its from a game? cool cool~

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
thank you very much! that cleared up everything. thats why i like ISTJs, always so reliable and helpful.

also how did you get the mage and level in your sig? thats pretty cool i think, theres a quiz for this or its from a game? cool cool~

Glad to hear that.:)

I made it up! I like playing mages, and level 110 is the max that you can level to in WoW (though I'm not playing anymore).

GRRRR

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Glad to hear that.:)

I made it up! I like playing mages, and level 110 is the max that you can level to in WoW (though I'm not playing anymore).

thats quite creative lol and what an achievement, man i suck at these kinda games xD
would be cool if there was a quiz that could determine your class tho :D

Littleclaypot

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My partner is an ISTJ. Thy can be oblivious to your romantic advances, but you'll know if they are interested in you. They usually like soemoen who has their shit together and can take care of themselves,.. someone smart and capable. Lemme know how it goes.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Just be somewhat unreliable and then they'll feel obligated to pick up your slack. Boom, done.