• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] Top 3 reasons for why SJs suck...

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay, I really can't resist...I have to say it!!!

Okay, when I saw this thread, I immediately thought of something.

To phrase it another way, let me give you crazy SJs a piece of advice.

You will really feel much, much better if you just did this:

fire%20fart.jpg

Sorry guys!!!!!!! :rofl1:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What a smelly thread. Hmph.

*sticks nose up in the air and walks away*

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Hey, now, we can't forget the Sensors!

1. They nag you about little details.
  2. To them, SPs are hyperactive, NFs are bipolar, and NTs are autistic.
  3. They take things too seriously.

without SJ's this world would be under utter chaos...this is a pointless thread. These are things that they can work on...but these are also things that are required for our culture to operate.

Usehername

On a mission
without SJ's this world would be under utter chaos...this is a pointless thread. These are things that they can work on...but these are also things that are required for our culture to operate.

this thread is literally shamefull

There's a thread exactly like this for each of the subforum types. It's not any disrespect meant toward SJs, check out the INTx one (which is probably the most common type on this board, and waayyy longer a thread, if I remember correctly). It's also a STICKY in the NT forum, if that says anything. :D

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nt-rationale/867-top-three-reasons-why-ints-suck.html <=

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
i just think it should be worded different...I could see SJ's taking this as disrespectful (i dunno im not an sj)

though i thank you for informing me that these are kinda standard, kinda feel like a dick now, but even still, could be top 3 things SJ's need to WORK on...not why they suck

there are big differences between INTJ's and INTP's, i wonder why that notation is used, man im way too picky

thanks for the correction btw

Usehername

On a mission
i just think it should be worded different...I could see SJ's taking this as disrespectful (i dunno im not an sj)

though i thank you for informing me that these are kinda standard, kinda feel like a dick now

You weren't informed, you were standing up for those whom you felt were being unfairly treated... nothing negative about that. Only positives. :)

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
:) thanks for the understanding, I appreciate it

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Awww, I was just kidding - I wasn't serious!!!!!!! I mean - c'mon, a lot of my really cool students are SJs, and I get along with them really well. Two of them are ESFJs and they are awesome.

;) I say weird things about every type, especially about myself. So no worries.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
oh i do the same thing too. just didn't want anyone to take it the wrong way ya know :)

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

though i thank you for informing me that these are kinda standard, kinda feel like a dick now, but even still, could be top 3 things SJ's need to WORK on...not why they suck

there are big differences between INTJ's and INTP's, i wonder why that notation is used, man im way too picky

thanks for the correction btw

Thanks for noticing. :hug:

Condor

MBTI Type
ISTJ
From personal experience (and a lot of it...)

Reason number 3 - Complete and utter literalism - I went with a coworker to a pizza resturant for an "All You Can Eat" buffet. There were a lot of different pizzas avilable, and salads, pastas, etc. I entered and looked around, planning where to sit, finding the restroom, etc. and noticed the sign for the lunch buffet customers: 1)Pay cashier 2)Take tray. When I did those two things I sat down. And waited. Nowhere on the sign did it say to get food. :doh: Once clued in, I did enjoy a nice lunch. The price was reasonable, and the food served it's purpose...oh wait - sorry.

Reason number 2 - Boring - I admit it (although probably more so for the I vs. E). When I took the entire test (there were about fifty of us at the time taking it, IIRC), the administrator then showed type differences with role playing, etc. She asked for anyone who scored above 80 on the "I" scale. About six or seven of us stood up. She then asked for those who scored over 85. Two of us were left standing. She asked what our scores were. Again, IIRC, mine was about 95. Similarly high scores for S, T and J. The adminsitrator didn't use me for an example after the second time because "his answers would just be the same." Heck, I thought that was the point.

And the number 1 reason - wait, what exactly is the criteria for "top three"? Each individual's top three reasons, a collective vote on the top three reasons, top three from SJ's themselves; how can you call a list "top three" without some kind of objective criteria? Reading the posts from the start it seems like "top sixty-two" or something. Can the thread be renamed?

Anyway, just my thoughts.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I have been dealing with it for- ----forty-one years! Is my butt sore!

My ISTJ husband sometimes wears a button which says "Rule #1. I am never wrong. Rule #2. If I'm ever wrong, see Rule #1.

He has no idea how hillarious I find this.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I have been dealing with it for- ----forty-one years! Is my butt sore!

My ISTJ husband sometimes wears a button which says "Rule #1. I am never wrong. Rule #2. If I'm ever wrong, see Rule #1.

He has no idea how hillarious I find this.

An INFP with an ISTJ husband. :nice:

Has it been a rough ride, honestly?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Well I don't have a problem with them in general. I think that their main problem is a problem for them more than for everybody else: they sometimes do things that are not very much...needed and produce unintended consequences. An good example is the ISFJ putting things in order before they've been used; or my ISTJ dad cleaning his bike every time he uses it, or my ESTJ boss needing to re-check every calculation four times before being sure he's right.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not sure if this applies to all SJs or just to me:

1. The constant (and illogical) belief that everyone is as honest as them (making them almost depressingly gullible, especially on april fool's day)

2. MUST. BE. ORGANIZED. ALL. THE. TIME.

3. Fear of change. Even if it's totally unimportant change. Who cares? Routine must be kept at all costs!