• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] Top 3 reasons for why SJs suck...

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
SJs suck cause
#1 They can't see that what their doing makes no sense cause their only doing it cause they were almost programmed at some point to do it and so never have really brought it inot their being it just sits there like a limp appendage.
#2 Some people build junction on their rail lines. SJs only ever seem to build branch lines. there's two results 1 and 0. There is no grey!!
#3 They usually want to be free of their own shackles and so resent others for being bereft of such things whilst failing to reconcile that it is only themselves they have to blame for that aspect of their predicament!!

girlnamedbless

MBTI Type
ESFJ
- They get upset when things don't go their way.
- They need things to be clear-cut and easy to understand, which isn't always possible.
- They're detail-picky.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
1) Just tell me all the steps, I need the process, come on, tell me all the steps of how I need to do this!

2) Don't bother me with facts or possible problems, I already made the decision.

3) And I did this and then I did this and she did that and then I did this and this and then I went here and I did that and...

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Hey, now, we can't forget the Sensors!

1. They nag you about little details.
  2. To them, SPs are hyperactive, NFs are bipolar, and NTs are autistic.
  3. They take things too seriously.
hyperacive ENP
bipolar NFP
autistic IN

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
SJs suck cause
#1 They can't see that what their doing makes no sense cause their only doing it cause they were almost programmed at some point to do it and so never have really brought it inot their being it just sits there like a limp appendage.
#2 Some people build junction on their rail lines. SJs only ever seem to build branch lines. there's two results 1 and 0. There is no grey!!
#3 They usually want to be free of their own shackles and so resent others for being bereft of such things whilst failing to reconcile that it is only themselves they have to blame for that aspect of their predicament!!
A sound description if the ISTJ. Other SJs however have more scope.

MBTI Type
ENTP
A sound description if the ISTJ. Other SJs however have more scope.

yeah, like that list of negative type description says:

ESTJ: "Stuffed Shirt"
No imagination, no flexibility, no common sense,
no capacity for tolerance of others with different priorities.

ISTJ: "Bean Counter"
Like the ESTJ, but with less vision.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yeah, in my experience, the thing that makes XSTJs TREMENDOUSLY trying at times is how they very obviously feel everyone else in the world is just a broken STJ who needs to get his/her shit together.

In particular ISTJs have the IXTJ arrogance, but whereas an INTJ's arrogance is steeped in competence, ISTJs feel the ability to keep tabs on all sorts of nigh-but-inconsequential minutiae is the measure of the man/woman.

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
What annoys me most is how they tend to be...

1. utterly boring!
2. painfully conventional!
3. annoyingly close-minded!

They are rarely interesting enough for me to consider them amongst my closest friends.

Tonks

MBTI Type
INTP
1. control-freaks
2. ridiculous work ethic, always busy-busy-busy, even if unnessecary
3. control freaks
4. think everyone else (non-SJ) is lazy
5. did I mention control freak yet?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
My mom's an ISFJ and most things on the list fit her. Though I feel bad though cuz she's the only J in the house. So everyone else is eh W/E it'll get done, or it's fine/I'm not worried. While she's freaking out.
Her:Are you going to *something that doesn't require prior commitment*?
me/brother/dad: I don't know.
Her:I would like to know, so I can plan accordingly
Us:Fine not going/am!*

*the last reply is usually after her yelling at us for 5 minutes.

Or when she's like do this! then she does it for you, or tells you you're doing it wrong. Then yells at you for being lazy. If she'd quit ridiculing people about the way they do things, then maybe more people would want to work with her. Or even not take over.

Sona

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Would you guys like a cracker to go with your whine?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Religious (especially Christian) SJs make me crazy. They are extremely literal with biblical interpretations, even when the words contradict. They are fanatics that, of course, say you'll go to Hell if you act a certain way.

Exactly my words there. One religious ESFJ woman I knew bordered the line between a determined, moral valuing person and a fanatic. She absolutely loved to use logically flawed and emotionally loaded arguments with appeal to morals.

Current situation is A, and we SHOULD have situation B on moral grounds.
Thus it follows that any world-view and procedure is true and desirable that produces B from A.

Drove me mad to hear her. She got better and less fanatic. I gather that she had accumulated huge anxiety and internal cognitive dissonance (conflicting thoughts), but unable to solve the problems, she preached the "solutions" that she had learned and that were accepted in her community, however unconviced she was of their logical consistency in her own mind.

She somehow got over it and became less neurotic.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Exactly my words there. One religious ESFJ woman I knew bordered the line between a determined, moral valuing person and a fanatic. She absolutely loved to use logically flawed and emotionally loaded arguments with appeal to morals.

Current situation is A, and we SHOULD have situation B on moral grounds.
Thus it follows that any world-view and procedure is true and desirable that produces B from A.

Drove me mad to hear her. She got better and less fanatic. I gather that she had accumulated huge anxiety and internal cognitive dissonance (conflicting thoughts), but unable to solve the problems, she preached the "solutions" that she had learned and that were accepted in her community, however unconviced she was of their logical consistency in her own mind.

She somehow got over it and became less neurotic.
It is not only Finland.

The rural backwardness exists in many parts of the world.

Never get mad.

Distance is understanding.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
1. They are critical of people who don't do things exactly according to their rules. (although I'm guilty of that myself sometimes.)

2. They have trouble seeing a perspective that isn't part of what they've been taught is standard or conventional. (I don't do this.)

3. They rely too much on traditional forms to express things, and lack creativity in many ways. (I think I'm often guilty of this one, too... except I can get out of that mode when I use Ni.)

But they have enough positive traits to make up for their shortcomings, I think. But I haven't really known any SJ's, so I'm basing all this on assumptions about them from their type descriptions, and from other people's descriptions of encounters with them.

Schizm

MBTI Type
INTP
1. They are critical of people who don't do things exactly according to their rules. (although I'm guilty of that myself sometimes.)

2. They have trouble seeing a perspective that isn't part of what they've been taught is standard or conventional. (I don't do this.)

3. They rely too much on traditional forms to express things, and lack creativity in many ways. (I think I'm often guilty of this one, too... except I can get out of that mode when I use Ni.)

But they have enough positive traits to make up for their shortcomings, I think. But I haven't really known any SJ's, so I'm basing all this on assumptions about them from their type descriptions, and from other people's descriptions of encounters with them.

Do you ever go out? They make up 70 percent of the people you interact with on a day to day basis.

lol_nl

MBTI Type
INTP
ESTJs... oh god! They are just so annoying because they criticise everything you do that's not "normal" to their standards.