• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTJ] ESTJs - Trivial Pursuit

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I'm trying to determine if a friend of mine is an ESTJ or an ENTJ.
I asked him if he was any good at Trivial Pursuit and he said, "Not really."
Is it possible he could still be an ESTJ anyway?

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The game or the life exercise that results in disatisfaction and conversion to some weird-cult-religion later in life?

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Okay someone get the pliers... this could take some doing...

Mom, I know you're all INTJie and stuff but a little bit more info... puhlease...

Ta.

:newwink:

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
The game or the life exercise that results in dissatisfaction and conversion to some weird-cult-religion later in life?
The game, silly. That's why it was capitalized.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Re: OP: The answer is "Yes," to be brutally technical.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Okay someone get the pliers... this could take some doing...

Mom, I know you're all INTJie and stuff but a little bit more info... puhlease...

Ta.

:newwink:
Ok. First of all, you're not an ESTJ. You only barely qualify to respond because your father is an ENTJ.:devil:

I want feedback based on that one point. I thought all ESTJs would at least be good at Trivial Pursuit if not unbeatable.

My problem is my friend is blind so I'm not sure how much of his observations are done because it is forced upon him.

I've always thought he was ESTJ (because I "tested" he and his wife many years ago).

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Re: OP: The answer is "Yes," to be brutally technical.
Thank you. Why more people can't just say yes or no, I have no idea. :devil:

Would you care to further elaborate on the "technical" part?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
So you're basing your opinion on your own personal experience?
It's all theory in this case, I'm afraid. But it is quite true that an ESTJ is not necessarily good at Trivial Pursuit.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
It's all theory in this case, I'm afraid. But it is quite true that an ESTJ is not necessarily good at Trivial Pursuit.
Ok, so my friend could still be an ESTJ... and most probably is.

BTW: You don't post like a typical INTP. Why is that?

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I'm good at Trivial Pursuit and I'm an INFP.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I knew an INTJ on whom I'd bet $1000 could pwn you all in any Trivia challenge, "Pursuit" or otherwise. He was very successful at scholar's bowl (quiz competitions).

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
:D Thanks.

Are you sure you're an N? :devil:

Haha! Well, if it helps, my skill comes from a love of reading rather than being someone who simply learns facts. I'm interested in a lot of things! :D

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Ok. First of all, you're not an ESTJ. You only barely qualify to respond because your father is an ENTJ.:devil:

I want feedback based on that one point. I thought all ESTJs would at least be good at Trivial Pursuit if not unbeatable.

My problem is my friend is blind so I'm not sure how much of his observations are done because it is forced upon him.

I've always thought he was ESTJ (because I "tested" he and his wife many years ago).
Dude that's ISTJ, based on stereotypes. ESTJs would stereotypically be good at beating you with one thing.. a large stick.

As a parting shot, you understand that feedback based upon any one event wouldn't be indicative of anything in particular... right?

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The game, silly. That's why it was capitalized.

I don't give up opportunities to make convuluted jokes. Capitalization be damned.

At any rate- why would they be good (or bad) at Trivial Pursuit? Isn't it mostly a pop-culture junky thing? Which could be any type, really, but I think the absolute ideal could be ENTP.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Is it possible he could still be an ESTJ anyway?

:huh:

Is this a serious question?
I've never heard that one of the defining characteristics of being ESTJ is being pro at that game.

However most of their pursuits in life are trivial beyond belief.

Perhaps it's just a different kind of trivial pursuit that he's practiced in.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Haha! Well, if it helps, my skill comes from a love of reading rather than being someone who simply learns facts. I'm interested in a lot of things! :D
Glad you got the joke. :)

Dude that's ISTJ, based on stereotypes. ESTJs would stereotypically be good at beating you with one thing.. a large stick.
Definitely.
5.gif

As a parting shot, you understand that feedback based upon any one event wouldn't be indicative of anything in particular... right?
You... took a shot... at me? :boohoo:

In answer to your
t5.gif
, umm, perhaps I did not know that.

I was just adding that one puzzle piece to the puzzle, actually.
It makes a lot more sense that he is an S and not an N.

I don't give up opportunities to make convuluted jokes. Capitalization be damned.

At any rate- why would they be good (or bad) at Trivial Pursuit? Isn't it mostly a pop-culture junky thing? Which could be any type, really, but I think the absolute ideal could be ENTP.
The people who are the best at it are people who remember a lot of disconnected facts and details.

:huh:

Is this a serious question?
I've never heard that one of the defining characteristics of being ESTJ is being pro at that game.
Unfortunately, yes.
Apparently, it was a dumb question.
I thought an S would be pretty good at it, but he said he was really bad at it.

Last edited by a moderator:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What does Trivial Pursuit have to do with N/S?

I know one xNTP (besides myself) that I'd put up against any ESTJ in Trivial Pursuit.