• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] Ask an ISTJ Anything!

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
How would you describe the difference between what you know as introverted thinking and introverted sensing. I ask because both are things done internally and not as easily noticed whats going on externally. Looking for personal perception/opinion, not some pre-defined mbti definition comparison.

This was the biggest problem I've had with typing myself, incidentally.

I go with "judging" and "perceiving" and a dichotomy approach in addition to looking at the associated functions (Fe / Ne). They're usually a lot more noticeable due to being extraverted functions. Simple trial and error.

...Uhhh not sure if that answers the question :D

- - - Updated - - -

Will you marry me?

Where's my ring pop?????

drISTJ

MBTI Type
ISTJ
It's great to know what's going on internally. I almost always can describe what is going on in my body very clearly.

drISTJ

MBTI Type
ISTJ
What excites you? Do you feel comfortable when expressing emotion? Are you rigid and strict or laidback and easygoing?

What excites me is people who are passionate about something in their life.
I feel comfortable expressing emotions but usually I do it only when I see that I must do it in order to achieve something.
I'm pretty strict when it comes to myself but weirdly very easygoing when it comes to accepting others.

drISTJ

MBTI Type
ISTJ
1. When will my ISTJ father hug me again?
I highly respect eprsonal space and quite truthfully do not expect my family/myself hugging one another often. It's probably just once a year, during someone's birthday. I also do not take comfort when someone tried to hug me, I just don't like it somehow. Only do it out of obligation or just to make someone not embarassed by getting rejection when they want to hug me.

2. Does this image best represent you guys? ;p
b60.jpg
Hmm i believe fun should come after hard work, so even when I'm out and about with family or friends at a shopping mall/doing fun activities outdoor, I can't be fully happy and in 'fun mode' when I know I haven't done a homework or something work-related.

drISTJ

MBTI Type
ISTJ
hmm well I say I tend to get along with the intjs I have met ( at least the people I have identified as intj). We tend to argue a lot, but it's fun.

My favorite teacher was an INTJ. Another favorite of mine is ENTP. I get along with NTs quite well, I guess.

Lloyd

Ain Soph Aur
MBTI Type
INFP
Instinctual Variant
sx
How long do you keep on wearing clothes you use to go to school/work ?

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How long do you keep on wearing clothes you use to go to school/work ?

Hmm do you mean long term, or just during that day?

If long term, then I keep my clothes until they are too worn out. If short term then I keep my shirt on for the rest of the day, but take my pants and bra off when I get home.

Lloyd

Ain Soph Aur
MBTI Type
INFP
Instinctual Variant
sx
Do you tend to have high self-control?

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Do you tend to have high self-control?

All the ISTJs I know will do anything to get their goal but it's often tied to others around them

Which is to say, yes, but it's often self-sacrificial and tied to goals/helping others around them.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I have tremendous impulse control. I can see a delicious cookie in front of me and not touch it even if no-one is watching.

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
Are you distrustful? Or have lack of belief in competency in others at first?

Lloyd

Ain Soph Aur
MBTI Type
INFP
Instinctual Variant
sx
Give me an example of a situation where you give someone a compliment.