User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 162

  1. #11
    Senior Member Jellyfish1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    MBTI
    IXFJ
    Posts
    254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smilephantomhive View Post
    Like if I hear a siren and my parents aren't home, I will assume that it is for them even though there is no real reason for that
    In this situation, when you say you assume that it is for them, does that mean it's not just a passing "imagine if that was for them... nah", but you, for a short time, genuinely believe it is?

  2. #12
    No one's home. Peter Deadpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    MBTI
    NFP
    Enneagram
    458 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,663

    Default

    What do you think an ISTJ man with bipolar disorder might look like? I'd be really interested in hearing anyone's description as I think my ex was ISTJ and probably had some milder form of bipolar disorder (he brought it up first, so I'm not pathologizing him without reason, although I am pretty good at doing that to people, lol).

  3. #13
    Senior Member Smilephantomhive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brain in a Jar View Post
    For you how would you say Te and Ti differ. Plus how does your tert Fi show and manifest.
    Idk I think Te is more in the moment, and Ti is more logic that should work for anything. Ti is more perfecting, and Te is like just get the thing done and move on to the next. Te is more group consensus, and Ti is more by yourself.

    I think I already showed this somewhere, but you weren't on this site then. Tert Fi is like this for me:



    It's just emo. It also is like you have to pay attention to what you want, but you already did what you thought you needed to do (Te). It's heart that's trying to prove to the more dominant head that it's important too.

    I remember someone on Tumblr said something about ISTJs giving a morally charged lecture when Fi spots something wrong. This is probably more frequent with 1s, but I may have given a few.
    "Avoid getting too preoccupied thinking about what you’re going to do, to actually do it."
    — Rachel Wolchin

    johari
    nohari
    avatar
    Likes Cat Brainz liked this post

  4. #14
    King of Dreams Cat Brainz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    963 so/sp
    Socionics
    IIE Ne
    Posts
    3,512

    Default

    I know I ask to many questions but what would you say seperates you from ESTJs,INTJs and ISFJs.
    Love and friendship is the best thing in life


    Paradoxically being adult as society dictates it is childish as it is childish and immature to assume that things are too childish in the first place



  5. #15
    Senior Member Smilephantomhive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gentleman Jack View Post
    How does J work for you, my dad is an ISTP and planning seems anathema to him, what about you?
    It makes me like closure. I mean I like to go off tangents and explore, but we need to eventually come to a conclusion. I feel like I've been slacking off when it comes to planning lately, but I think that's just procrastination. I like schedules because I can actually focus on the task at hand instead of worrying about when I will do it. I guess it can be hard to plan since everyone is so inconsistent which is probably a J thing.
    "Avoid getting too preoccupied thinking about what you’re going to do, to actually do it."
    — Rachel Wolchin

    johari
    nohari
    avatar
    Likes The Grey Wizard liked this post

  6. #16
    A Smoking Stormcrow... The Grey Wizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    854 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI Se
    Posts
    4,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smilephantomhive View Post
    It makes me like closure. I mean I like to go off tangents and explore, but we need to eventually come to a conclusion. I feel like I've been slacking off when it comes to planning lately, but I think that's just procrastination. I like schedules because I can actually focus on the task at hand instead of worrying about when I will do it. I guess it can be hard to plan since everyone is so inconsistent which is probably a J thing.

    Oh wow that is such an attractive quality that I just can't seem to manage in my own life. I see the elegance of a schedule, aesthetically, but practically I've never been good at them, and they leave me feeling restricted and claustrophobic. The wieght of the obligation is quite pressing. My ISFJ seems to take comfort in them, I envy that. How does S work for you?
    With all Due Respect,
    -Jack


    There aren't any good guys, and there aren't any bad guys. There's just us. People. Doing our best to get by.




    Formerly Gentleman Jack

  7. #17
    Senior Member Smilephantomhive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FutureInProgress View Post
    Why are you guys so awesome? Some of the most loyal people I know... If you guys cut someone out of your life, it's usually justified.
    I don't feel especially awesome, but thanks. Yeah I don't usually cut people out of my life because I wouldn't like it if someone cut me out of theirs.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfish1234 View Post
    In this situation, when you say you assume that it is for them, does that mean it's not just a passing "imagine if that was for them... nah", but you, for a short time, genuinely believe it is?
    I genuinely believe it until they come home, and know for sure that they are not dead.
    "Avoid getting too preoccupied thinking about what you’re going to do, to actually do it."
    — Rachel Wolchin

    johari
    nohari
    avatar

  8. #18
    Senior Member Jellyfish1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    MBTI
    IXFJ
    Posts
    254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smilephantomhive View Post




    I genuinely believe it until they come home, and know for sure that they are not dead.
    Oh dear, that sounds awful, I'm sorry. Thanks for the response.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Smilephantomhive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    What do you think an ISTJ man with bipolar disorder might look like? I'd be really interested in hearing anyone's description as I think my ex was ISTJ and probably had some milder form of bipolar disorder (he brought it up first, so I'm not pathologizing him without reason, although I am pretty good at doing that to people, lol).
    I don't have bipolar, but I guess they would be more emotional than other ISTJs. They also may not be as good planners, or have to reply on insanely strict plans more. But this is just a guess.
    "Avoid getting too preoccupied thinking about what you’re going to do, to actually do it."
    — Rachel Wolchin

    johari
    nohari
    avatar

  10. #20

    Default

    1. When will my ISTJ father hug me again?

    2. Does this image best represent you guys? ;p
    It would be nice to start over again.
    I'd give,
    I'd bend.

    Let's play pretend.
    Likes Yama liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. [SP] Ask an ISFP anything
    By avaxtskyr in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 12-23-2015, 03:58 AM
  2. [ISTJ] Is there an "Ask an ISTJ" thread?
    By Yama in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-16-2015, 12:42 PM
  3. [ISTJ] Ask an ISTJ.
    By The Iron Giant in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 05-31-2014, 08:05 PM
  4. [MBTItm] Ask An ISTJ About Si!
    By Owfin in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 04-10-2012, 09:36 AM
  5. Ask an ISTJ, get your answer back on an excel spreadsheet
    By swordpath in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-14-2009, 04:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO