• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] Why Charles Augustus Magnussen is the ultimate ISTJ gone crazy ?!

Probabilist

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I'm sure many of you have seen the BBC series Sherlock , it's a brilliant series and one of it's important aspects are it's well written Characters. (Obvious spoiler)

Between all the fascinating characters in the series Charles Augustus Magnussen is the most underrated ! because he doesn't seem to have any particular motivations for his actions ! he just wants to have it all ! he has memorized as much as he can and he is using all his knowledge to own everything ! but why is that ?

Let's talk about ISTJs for a few moments , ISTJs are hard working and polite , they tend to look at past experiences in order to find their path , they see that in the past being polite and hard working has helped a lot of people succeed in real life so that's what they choose to be ! i'm an ISTJ myself and i have a REALLY good memory ! my mom has always told me that if i study hard enough and go to a good university , i can succeed in life , i'v done exactly that and now i'm seeing the results of my hard work. BUT what if i hadn't succeeded and the results of my hard work would only be failure ? :huh: what if the world changes and all the old traditions can't get you (You my dear ISTJ) anywhere ! what i would have done then ?
Well that is when we ISTJ's go crazy and we will stick to our Te function ! so we try to control everything in order to make sure we will reach our desired outcome and if we are smart enough , we can actually succeed ! (UNLESS Sherlock stops us).
Magnussen is methodical and ruthless , we don't know what has happened to him in the past ! but whatever that was , it has made him crazy ! in a scene he licks that blonde lady's face , it's a disgusting act that is completely against the traditions ! but that's exactly what we ISTJs will do if the traditions disappoint us ! we try to be as impolite and anarchic as we can BUT in a certain order , doesn't matter how crazy we get , we will still remain orderly :D !

And that's what makes Charles Augustus Magnussen a VERY special character ! he uses his most powerful gift "Si" to feed his "Te". He just wants to take over everything because whatever has happened to him has tickled his inferior "Fi" !
But unfortunately he died at the end :cry: ! Not even we ISTJs are any good when we are dead ! :(

Anyway , thanks for reading. Also sorry for my bad English.