• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] Fellow introverts, which of the many uncomfortable situations is your least favourite

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
When I'm in a caffeteria I will deliberately choose a table where nobody is sitting so that I can eat quietly and happily. Myself, my food and my thoughts....
Then somebody joins me, and another, and another and with each addition I become more uncomfortable and anxious!:shock: The worst is when someone plonks themself down right across from you so that it is impossible to look up without looking into their face, OH, THE TORTURE OF IT ALL! I want to take my plate and run for the hills, but I don't. Instead I keep my head down and chew for dear life. By now I'm so nervous and aware of everyone at the table that I don't even taste the food and am entertaining the most hostile thoughts towards the poor human beings who are innocently eating their food.
I seem calm but it looks very much like this inside::steam:

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
My thread is turning blue....
Don't die on me baby! LIFE SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
[YOUTUBE="pNISKztVuco"]Cancel the Cobbler :D[/YOUTUBE]

6sticks

MBTI Type
istp
Joining a table with people I don't know is uncomfortable. Being joined by other people isn't.

In cafeterial situations I prefered to just eat outside.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Perhaps you feel they are invading your personal space?

Or maybe you think they are looking at you and judging you?

Or maybe you think they might strike up unwanted conversation with you?

Why do you think it makes you feel uncomfortable?

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Perhaps you feel they are invading your personal space?

Or maybe you think they are looking at you and judging you?

Or maybe you think they might strike up unwanted conversation with you?

Why do you think it makes you feel uncomfortable?

Yes, I think it's about the personal space. I made the effort to be by myself but can't control the situation by saying, 'hey, please go away, I don't like people and I was here first." because THAT WOULD BE INCREDIBLY RUDE AND SOCIALLY UNACCEPTABLE.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hrm. I'm sure if we all put our heads together we can come up with something you can do to make them not want to sit with you. Like maybe talk to yourself like a hobo or something. :D

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Public speaking, of course: being in a situation where more than a handful of people are awaiting my "performance," whatever the performance may be.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I hate to sit down at a table with other people, but if I am alone and they sit with me, I'm totally fine with it. I guess the fact that THEY are joining ME puts me more at ease.

My least favorite introvert situation is a party or dinner or other social gathering where I know almost no one. I don't want to be a leech on the few people I DO know, but I am scared crapless of introducing myself to strangers.

Oso Mocoso

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Public speaking, of course: being in a situation where more than a handful of people are awaiting my "performance," whatever the performance may be.

Bah. I hated public speaking until I had to do it a lot. It definitely upped my E score, but I'm still an Introvert at heart. Now, I don't really mind public speaking if it's about a subject I know a lot about. I even kind of enjoy it.

563 740

MBTI Type
ENTP
People tend to be less intrusive when they see you eating with a book or magazine in front of you. Option?

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Easy solution... buy pre packaged and eat outside in the cold where no one wants to sit.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
What... you mean actual strangers come and sit at your table? :blink:

Woah. I've gotta move to where you live. That would NEVER happen in the UK. You'd have say, 10 tables in a cafe, each with one person sitting at them. A new customer walks in and walks out again - "no room". :laugh:

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
Woah. I've gotta move to where you live. That would NEVER happen in the UK. You'd have say, 10 tables in a cafe, each with one person sitting at them. A new customer walks in and walks out again - "no room". :laugh:

What a sad truth.