• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] Fellow introverts, which of the many uncomfortable situations is your least favourite

93JC

Yeah, I figure in the bathroom it's pretty easy to tell who's introverted and who's extroverted. We introverts head to the stalls even when we're not going #2...

... the hell? :shock:

If all the urinals are taken I'd rather turn around, head back out and wait for someone to emerge from the washroom than take a stall. What the hell do you take us for, women? :D

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I figure in the bathroom it's pretty easy to tell who's introverted and who's extroverted. We introverts head to the stalls even when we're not going #2...

hellz yeah i do - dame spacio !

Last edited:

bloodyfungus

MBTI Type
INTP

Really? My I is about as introverted as you can get, but I don't mind using the urinal......even if I need a #2 ;) I think it comes back my view is that just becuase you are an Ixxx doesn't mean you ARE introverted - it just means your energy comes from within. I don't really care who sees me p*ssing - but I am a bit of an exhibitionist ;)

One of my least favorite situations is when anyone tries to make pointless conversation.

I dont know what small-talk is, I dont know how to "make" it, and if I dont have a vested interest in the conversation I would prefer that we all enjoy the silence as it so rightly deserves.

I'd say this is true. I love the sound of silence and I hate it being shattered by some nitwit talking about hair-straighteners

16igpxi.jpg

Hehe. Class. This is why N and S will never mix.

This conforms to what I have seen in INTPs. Of course, INTPs are good at public speaking because they are in natural monologue mode 24/7.

This is very true. I love talking about a subject I'm passionate about and if vaguely interested, people tend to listen. If they are not interested in I just carry on until they slide to the floor in submission.....

My dad used to call me AutoRant when I was younger...... very apt methinks :D

NewEra

MBTI Type
I

Eh I disagree. I don't believe the fear of public urination has anything to do with introversion.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You can stop quoting that whenever you feel like it...
2vdr9et.gif

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
Actually, on the guy's bathroom thing....

I don't know about anyone else, but I really hate taking a shit when someone else is taking a shit in there as well. MY most uncomfortable moment is when I think I have the peace and quiet to pop a squat, take off my T-shirt, and whistle rock-a-by baby while examining the local vandalism, then some loud fat fucker busts into the shitter next to me, slams his junk down onto the porcelien and unleashes what has to be at least 16 mols of methane out of his ass.

Totally ruins my mojo for the next 2 hours, minimum.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Actually, that just makes me want to laugh. I've got to stifle laughter when that happens, because it's written just like a cheap comedy.

S

Sniffles

I actually hate unexpectedly bumping into people I know whenever I'm out. I just have the sense of wanting to be left alone at such times.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I actually hate unexpectedly bumping into people I know whenever I'm out. I just have the sense of wanting to be left alone at such times.
Really? You mean when you're out alone, or with someone else? It can be fun, but that depends on mood, mostly.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Being among a group of people that are actively talking and I'm finding myself incapable of adding to the conversation. I feel stupid and useless.

S

Sniffles

Being among a group of people that are actively talking and I'm finding myself incapable of adding to the conversation. I feel stupid and useless.

Yes I hate this was well. It's even worse when they're discussing a topic that I'm actually interested in, but on such a detailed level I can't follow them. This especially is true concerning historical topics. :(

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Yes I hate this was well. It's even worse when they're discussing a topic that I'm actually interested in, but on such a detailed level I can't follow them. This especially is true concerning historical topics. :(

I'm sure that's a problem that a lot of people face, regardless of introvert or extravert. One other thing is being in a group of 30+ people. It reminds me of a dinner party I went to a month ago. I knew only one person there, and I felt so out of place. People started dancing, they were mingling, and all I could do was sit around and...observe. I left 30 minutes later. It was so pointless.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
My least favorite introvert situation is a party or dinner or other social gathering where I know almost no one. I don't want to be a leech on the few people I DO know, but I am scared crapless of introducing myself to strangers.

Same here, I think this and public speaking are my nightmare horrors.

What... you mean actual strangers come and sit at your table? :blink:

Woah. I've gotta move to where you live. That would NEVER happen in the UK. You'd have say, 10 tables in a cafe, each with one person sitting at them. A new customer walks in and walks out again - "no room". :laugh:

Yeah, I love it :cool:, although I must say 2 weeks ago I came in from the rain and all the tables were full, and I actually thought sod this for a laugh and plonked myself down at a table with someone, pulled my book out and drank my hot chocolate. It wasn't so bad because of the book.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Public speaking isn't that bad if I'm prepared for it. Leading people is something I can do, but again either I'm prepared and succeed or unprepared and crash and burn.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I also find it stressful to make small talk or socialize when eating. It's also hard to just sit near strangers when eating even if our backs are turned. I feel my space is invaded and a certain pressure that the other people are expecting something from me socially.

I have learned often when I am uncomfortable to go ahead and change the situation. I might take the last roll and juice box and finish on a bench outside. If I had to eat in a cafeteria where people pile in, I might start getting it in a take out box and find a bench by a tree that is "my" little spot for lunching. One good thing is that if you just smile at people in a friendly, supportive way, it is easier to make these adjustments without being perceived as snubbing or rude. And if you think about it, a person has a right to their space and it doesn't have to be unkind to the other people. I usually feel okay doing these things because I don't dislike the people, I just know I need my space. It is partly what helps me like people in general. I try to create the boundaries I need to be comfortable as myself, so no hostility builds up towards anyone. It can be okay to leave.

One thing difficult for me are required meetings for work where there are a lot of people in a small space and everyone is talking excitedly and loudly. It is like sensory overload especially if there are a lot of emotions being expressed. I tend to perceive too much of the emotions expressed around me and it takes a while to process, so besides the sensory overload, it is also an emotional overload. I have tried to explain it to people - it's almost like having bright spotlights and sirens everywhere, but the emotional equivalent. It's disconcerting. I usually take breaks and go outside and make a call on my cell phone or pretend to just to regain my bearings. I've read someplace that introverts tend to take in more without filters, and it takes longer to process and sort it all out whereas the extrovert filters things as they go and so they don't end up with the same feelings of overload. I think needing space is related to feelings of overload and that is why introverts need it.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
My least favorite introvert situation is a party or dinner or other social gathering where I know almost no one.

Yeah, I don't like this either. I'd rather have many people around me that I know.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
+1
.... and you also feel "forgotten". :yes: