• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFJ] Ask an ESFJ

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I'm typing as ESFJ now. I'd like to start dispelling some myths about this type, and really start to humanize this sadly underrepresented and stigmatized type. During my time here on the forum, I'll likely change my listed type again. But I don't think I'll ever feel 100 percent confident in any of this; that's just me. For now, though...I really think I'm ESFJ.

If it turns out I'm not, well, at least we all had a good time. Hopefully other ESFJs can pop in so we can have a more diverse range of responses.

Ready...set...go. :)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
what ideas inspire you most?

fetus

Enneagram
6w7

The ideas I can share with friends. Plans for fun things. Actually, yesterday evening I went to a student team meeting for my church. I just loved it...sitting around a table brainstorming all the stuff we're gonna do this summer. Water parks, camping, sailing, stuff like that. I love the ideas that I can say, "hey, let's talk about this, and that, and then this again." I love sharing them.

Edit: Also, outlandish things that don't really make sense, or that are really random. Putting two things together that shouldn't go together.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do leadership positions appeal to you?

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Do leadership positions appeal to you?

Eh, not particularly. I'm not the greatest leader in the world and I get stressed when I have to be authority. If there's somebody above me, then maybe. But being number one is pretty unpleasant, because then I really have to know everything and I don't really have backup. Maybe that's the 6 in me?

Basically, I work much better as a collaborator, or if I'm working alone. Having many people depend on my sole guidance isn't comfortable for me. And I'm a wonderful brainstormer, but I suck ass at implementing. I'm going to have to work on that before I become a teacher.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
when i say ideas i actually mean conceptual things - like friendship, solidarity, death, etc :D

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
when i say ideas i actually mean conceptual things - like friendship, solidarity, death, etc :D

Ahh, I see. Then I would have to say friendship, love, connectedness, self-awareness, and inspiration itself. Those are the things and ideas I really feed off of.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
what made you change from ISFJ to ESFJ? I still want you to tell me to fuck off if i ever need to be told that, because you're super nice about it.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
what made you change from ISFJ to ESFJ? I still want you to tell me to fuck off if i ever need to be told that, because you're super nice about it.

No worries, I'll tell you to fuck off if you want that. :newwink:

fetus

Enneagram
6w7

Aww chknz :blush:

I think behaviorally, I'm more on the ISFJ side...most of the time. So, definitely not the hyper-extrovert the ESFJ is stereotyped to be. Definitely need lots of me time. I guess the reason I switched is purely for functions and cognitive thinking. I think my Fe is stronger than my Si, at least by a little bit, and my Ne is definitely stronger than my Ti. Having an inferior T function has always made sense, and I now know that I'm definitely not an IxFP. The Ne "relief role" is something I can relate to.

I'll probably switch again, but for now this makes the most sense of the 16.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Aww chknz :blush:

I think behaviorally, I'm more on the ISFJ side...most of the time. So, definitely not the hyper-extrovert the ESFJ is stereotyped to be. Definitely need lots of me time. I guess the reason I switched is purely for functions and cognitive thinking. I think my Fe is stronger than my Si, at least by a little bit, and my Ne is definitely stronger than my Ti. Having an inferior T function has always made sense, and I now know that I'm definitely not an IxFP. The Ne "relief role" is something I can relate to.

I'll probably switch again, but for now this makes the most sense of the 16.

Yeah I thought ISFJ was a good fit for you tbh. but that being said you should not take my advice because you know you better than i know you.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

Change, transformation. Not limited to technological advancement by any means, but I'm always excited to see where man and society will go to next and waiting impatiently for that change to come. Any new breakthroughs in science, psychology, discoveries of who we are as a species, continually finding my place in this universe and what it means to be me.

To add: and to always question EVERYTHING. Challenge the status quo ;)

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Where did your 12 months story come from? Why did you pick that theme?

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Where did your 12 months story come from? Why did you pick that theme?

Oh, you mean with the months of the year?

The inspiration actually came about a year and a half before I actually started working on it seriously. I was completely drained of all ideas, and my friend in a journalism class told me, "Why don't you personify the days of the week?" But I decided that I wanted to do the months, because that would give me more complexity and a greater potential for character variety. I abandoned the project after personifying January. Then later, I got bored. Wanted to find out what types people here thought they were, lol.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Oh I just stumbled across this thread. What stereotypes about ESFJs do you most disagree with?.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What is the best career for an ESFJ, in your opinion?

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Oh I just stumbled across this thread. What stereotypes about ESFJs do you most disagree with?.

Hey! Sorry I just saw this haha. I'd say I most disagree with the conservative stereotype. While there are of course some right-wing ESFJs, it's actually quite common for us to be liberals. Think about it. And ESFJs are activists, too.
I don't want to use myself as the only example, but I'm quite liberal and actually fought against my conservative upbringing.
Also, who said ESFJs can't be wacky? Our tertiary Ne is hella fun. We're more than just hearts. This is why so many ENFPs are really ESFJs. The stereotype says ESFJs aren't creative, and it's simply not true.
What is the best career for an ESFJ, in your opinion?

Huh. It's ultimately up to the individual, but probably something that would involve directly interacting with people and/or working for the greater good. Fe is like that. Again, everyone is different, but I wouldn't immediately recommend something solitary and impersonal (like, I don't know, computer repair) to an ESFJ.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Revive this thread so it can compete with "ask an ISFJ!"