• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ, How Are You NOT Like Your Type Description?

SquirrelTao

MBTI Type
INXX
Okay, all you SJs, tell us how your own experience of being you diverges from your MBTI type description.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Okay, all you SJs, tell us how your own experience of being you diverges from your MBTI type description.

I am a very weird, free-thinking, libertarian entertainment industry worker. And an ESFJ (highly E and J).

dnivera

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm extroverted and not shy when you first meet me. I become quieter as you get to know me (because "the real me" is Si!) and I'm more OK with silence while spending time with people.

ArbiterDewey

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Freethinking, hands down. The religion stereotype was true for awhile until the first sentence set in.

Spectre of the spam

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I'm quit when you first get to know me, but once your "in" I can talk and talk all day long about absolutely nothing.

It's really fun.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Hmmm, start off quiet but when you're in I'll still be quiet. In fact, it is The Great Test. I love being quiet together.
What's not typical? I can write something half-decent and creative, if I do say so myself.

frenchkiss

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
I don't feel any "need to be needed," at least not even semi-consciously.

I'm not very good when it comes to remembering birthdays and writing thank you notes and things like that. I'm not a PTA/bake sale sort of person.

I'm pretty conventional in the way I live my life, but I'm not horrified by things that don't fit the norm. I'm comfortable with the fact that some people are polyamorous, for example.

I used to work with another ISFJ who was totally aghast when I told her I liked guys with tattoos. She put her hand to her heart and did this. :eek: Then she giggled nervously and said, "Oh, you're so silly!!"

I am not THAT.

Edit: I guess, considering my age, that my views about what is socially appropriate are pretty conventional. In this way, I am like my type. I guess I just wanted to make the point that I don't fit into the stereotype.

oasispaw

MBTI Type
isfj
i don't do the duty thing. i'm creative, open-minded, and like to gain knowledge. i'm feisty and not sheepish, as the description implies.

mai345

MBTI Type
ISFJ
i dont have that "need to be needed" either. i dont think im as loyal, responsible, dependant etc... as the profile says. but my best friend who's an intj says those are the first words people would use to describe me. i think there should be some test to determine your different levels of isfj ness like there is for intjs. but hey, what can you do. i'm certainly not smart enough to do anything either.

simpleamazement

MBTI Type
istj
Enneagram
I like the arts.

I usually don't schedule things in my life, except for dr's appointments, etc.

I love to meet and mingle with other people.

I would never want to be a peace officer.

I try to see life in a positive light.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Most of the description fits. Except:

I'm a big procrastinator. I think most people these days, or at least most people who would visit online forums, have this "problem."

I'm not as punctual as I'd like to be, but only because I try to schedule too many things into one day. I need to start allowing for more error time.

I'm not interested in accounting or business. It's boring!

I don't necessarily do things the "traditional" way, although whatever "way" I have chosen, I'm difficult to budge from.

I am not quick to decide things. Decisions take me a long time.

And manual labor is not my strong suit.

Last edited:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Most of the description fits. Except:

I'm a big procrastinator. I think most people these days, or at least most people who would visit online forums, have this "problem."

I'm not interested in accounting or business. It's boring!

Same for me. I'm pretty bad at staying on task when I'm doing something that I really don't want to be doing. In fact, I should be working on something important right now... which is why I'm on this forum. Also, while I really like math, I've never wanted to do business or accounting as a career. (Actually, accounting for my own benefit, but not for profit, would be fun.)

I'm perfectly happy when I'm not in a leadership role (as long as I respect the person in charge, and as long as they listen to me). In fact, I'm hardly ever in a leadership role, officially.

I don't desperately need social activity. I'm also not quite as much of a "joiner" as my type description would lead others to believe.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I usually procrastinate (with things I don't want to do [like SCHOOL!] )

I'm not afraid to stand out in the crowd

I don't like leadership roles, although, I won't make it a priority to get into one (unless I don't like the current leader)

If I am wrong, I have no problem admitting it (but it would be nice to have sufficient proof)

I HATE being alone, but I don't like huge groups of people

I have the ability to show empathy when I deem it needed, but not so great at showing sympathy

The good thing ,about ISTJ's at least, are that they have the ability to see the world how it is AND the ability to see the world how it should be. My Exxx friends like to dance around as if it's a perfect world whilst I stand back and think "what the heck is wrong with you?!"

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Well, I hate traditions. I dislike military, religion, etc. for being so rigid. I'm not very organized... at least my house isn't. It is a very messy place, mostly because I don't care to put things back from where I took them.

Besides that, I agree with ISTJ-stereotype. But once I scored IxTJ, so that might explain some of those points...

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Whoever can fit more than a hair through that needle's eye I am genuinely impressed by.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
In pretty much every single way possible. Too much of the ISFJ description is e2-flavored and I'm not an e2.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My old post doesn't apply that much, now that I'm safely out of my teen years.

I posted in a similar thread about a month ago -- here's the non-stereotype part of that post:

Ways I break the stereotypes:
  • I'm capable of critical thinking.
  • I enjoy thought experiments (e.g. alternate history narratives) and sci-fi/fantasy books.
  • I was the artistic one, growing up (even with the moody artistic temperament). Most of my hobbies relate to the arts. My general well-being suffers when I don't have an artistic outlet.
  • I'm actually intelligent(!), went to an elite college, and did well at said college.
  • I understand, and appreciate, the value of diplomacy, and I try to be diplomatic in my interactions with people -- because being a bull in a china shop isn't always the best way to get what you want out of a situation. In order to get what you want, you need to be able to adapt. The strongest structures are also the most flexible.
  • I'm socially and fiscally liberal, very socially progressive, and hipster af. Someday I hope to have a lot of tattoos, but I don't know what they'll be yet.
  • Not only am I thoughtful and introspective, but I actually enjoy being thoughtful and introspective -- creating order in my internal environment is relaxing for my Te in the same way as creating order in my external environment.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think the biggest thing is decisiveness. ISTJ is considered to be very decisive.
I think my problem is the fact I am turbulent, by most tests, so I overthink so much I become indecisive.