• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Fictional SPs/SJs

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In the spirit of the forums Fictional NFs and Fictional NTs, same deal here:

SJs

Marge Simpson, The Simpsons - ISFJ

Ned Flanders, The Simpsons - ESFJ

Principal Skinner, The Simpsons - ISTJ

Principal Skinner's mother, The Simpsons - ESTJ

C-3PO, Star Wars - ESFJ

Alfred Pennyworth, Batman - ISFJ

Ron Weasley, Harry Potter - xSFJ

Frank Drebin, Police Squad/The Naked Gun - ISTJ

Ben Grimm (The Thing), Fantastic Four - ISFJ

Ben Parker, Spider-Man - ISTJ

Mae Parker, Spider-Man - ISFJ

SPs

James Bond (Sean Connery, Pierce Brosnan) - ESTP

James Bond (Roger Moore, possibly George Lazenby) - ESFP

James Bond (Daniel Craig) - ISTP

NOTE: I think Timothy Dalton's interpretation of Bond is more xNTJ, especially in Licence to Kill.

Han Solo, Star Wars - ISTP

Jar Jar Binks, Star Wars - ESFP

Mary Jane Watson, Spider-Man - xSFP

Wolverine, X-Men - ISTP

Johnny Storm (Human Torch), Fantastic Four - ESFP

Bart Simpson, The Simpsons - ESTP

Homer Simpson, The Simpsons - xSFP

Shimpei

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Dr. Watson (Sherlock Holmes stories) - ISFJ

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
After watching all six episodes of Star Wars last weekend, Anikin Skywalker seemed ISP-ish.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Jennifer discussed that on the "Fictional NFs" thread. I said that Anakin has some Intuitive abilities (such as inventing and idealistic dreams), but his communication is sort of SP-ish. Part of the problem is, as Jen said in the other thread (hey, that rhymes!), that his character is poorly written and inconsistent.

George Lucas is great at dreaming up imaginative action sequences, and he's a great storyteller, but he should've left the character element to another writer.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Jennifer discussed that on the "Fictional NFs" thread. I said that Anakin has some Intuitive abilities (such as inventing and idealistic dreams), but his communication is sort of SP-ish. Part of the problem is, as Jen said in the other thread (hey, that rhymes!), that his character is poorly written and inconsistent.
Granted, I think that the Jedi order itself is NF, however the character shows SP, even as a child. Consider Little Anakin's favorite pasttime in episode I, in his enjoyment of pod racing and tinkering with things, his ability to pick up on non-verbal cues and his observational skills (both are Se) and his sense for adventure. In episodes II and III, Anakin showed great impatience and impulsive behavior, and was always reactionary, and wreckless, compared to Obi Wan. Anakin also had a hard time dealing with his internal feelings, was full of fear and was opposed to keeping his feelings for the Queen, in lieu of it being prohibited. After finding his mother, what did he resort to to console himself?

Contrary to the character being poorly written, I would say it showed him over a lifetime, which makes sense that his personality would change as he dealt with life altering problems.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A few more:

SJ

Lt. James Gordon, Batman Begins - ISxJ

Carolyn Burnham, American Beauty - ESTJ

Col. Frank Fitts, American Beauty - xSTJ

Angela Hayes, American Beauty - ESFJ

Cameron Frye, Ferris Bueller's Day Off - ISFJ

SP

Ferris Bueller, Ferris Bueller's Day Off - ESTP (maybe ENTP)

Edison Trent, Freelancer (video game) - ISTP

Marty McFly, Back to the Future - ESFP

Biff Tannen, Back to the Future - ESTP

Lester Burnham, American Beauty - ISFP

Ethan Hunt, Mission: Impossible movies - ISTP

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
no way Ferris has to be NF 100%.

And I would bet serious money on ENFP.

You might be right, I think, especially if the whole day was planned by him beforehand.

It's hard for me to differentiate between ESxPs and ENxPs. I always assume that ENxPs are more quirky.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Lando Calrissian, ESTP.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's hard for me to differentiate between ESxPs and ENxPs. I always assume that ENxPs are more quirky.

ENFPs have a vision that ESFPs do not have.

If you want to find the "cool kid" who knows all the right things to do or say or wear, s/he will be the ESFP. They know everything about what is current, and they know what people react positively to, and since they love fun and excitement, they accentuate those things.

(Also, they often can SET trends because people like them... so whatever they do becomes cool by association.)

ENFPs are also very likable but less caught up in the flashy/cosmetic level things. They are more interested in the undercurrent, what entices people internally, what makes them tick, and connecting with that part of them.

So ESFPs can drift towards "gaudy" in a way that ENFPs usually do not.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, if Ferris had the whole day planned in advance, then there's no mistake that he's an ENxP.

I also am thinking that an ENFP might actually be more inclined to have deeper connections with others and maybe even only have a few friends because of an N function that seeks meaningful relationships.

Shimpei

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Some characters from Six Feet Under:

Ruth - ISFJ

David - ISTJ

Keith - ISFJ

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Terminator, Terminators 1, 2, and 3 - ISTJ

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Since I'm currently typewatching several DS9 episodes, I may as well propose that Kira is ESFJ, and Odo is ISTJ.

Zergling

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTJ
The Monty Python "marriage guidance councellor" husband and "dull life of a city stockbroker" stockbroker are probably meant to be stereotypical, exaggerated ISTJs (not directly in MBTI terms, but steretypical people with jobs and lifestyles that fit with ISTJ.), though the stockbroker could just as easily be any introverted type that for some reason doesn't notice things happening in the area. (It sometimes seems my life is a bit like that sketch in that exciting things are happening, that somehow don't actually reach me.)