• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] ISFJs: Yin or Yang?

elcie

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Just wondering, if you are an ISFJ, do you identify with being more "yin" (passive, reflective, feminine) or "yang" (active, dominant, masculine)? Or if you're not ISFJ, which category would you put us in? Is it the same for all ISFJs, and is it different depending on things like gender or sexuality, or culture?

Personally, I often feel that people "type" me as a more yin sort of person - but I actually feel quite yang most of the time...for example I feel I relate better to ESTJs than ISFPs, for example. Often I feel like a bull in a china shop around Fi-doms.

But a lot of ISFJs I know seem to me to be more yin. What do other people think?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yin most of the time, when I'm around people I am comfortable with and I'm in a good mood I can be more yang

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yin most of the time, when I'm around people I am comfortable with and I'm in a good mood I can be more yang

This for all intelligent and/or respectable people.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I try to be both to the best of my ability. That is, while I am expressing one I am not clean of the other, I attempt to be dishwater gray at all times. Why would I strive to be unbalanced by choosing one? What would follow that would be poking an eye out and then bragging about how great I can see out of the remaining one.

The halved perspective is something one should be ashamed of, it is seldom accurate as "black or white" is too bifurcated to be applicable to reality's intricate slate. It invites error more frequently than is necessary, that uncouth way.

Yes, I try and whether I succeed is another matter entirely.

Yin and yang as concepts/a concept are about the liaison with one another more than they are about one or the other. How they flow into each other seamlessly and how from one rises the other, how their whole is greater than their seperation, having it so they are in truth one interconnected duality and that is quite it. As in, it is most prudent not to try to epitomize one.

Honestly, "Balance is best" is such an overdone thematic "lesson" in far too many things I don't understand anyone who thinks it a grand idea to deliberately blind one eye. Who watches someone fail and thinks I'm going to model my attempt after that guy to the T?

elcie

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I guess balance is what I want...I just tend to be very forthright, determined and too honest but I feel ashamed of that, and also it makes it hard for me to connect with others because they do not relate well to me being like that.

I didn't mean to say one is better than the other. That's not my opinion.

-Beatriz

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Uh, I guess I'm more of a yin. (I'm more feminine than masculine but not too feminine) [I'm a female btw]