• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Si] What does Si mean to you?

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't care for new places, and prefer the comfort and familiar sensations that comes with my home. I never leave the house that much because I feel vulnerable out in the outside world. Once I actually get out of living with my parents I'd still prefer to choose one place to live my entire life and just remain there, since new sensory experiences give me nothing but anxiety and discomfort.

When it comes to remembering clearly all the details from my past experiences... well over the past few years I've become more and more disconnected from the real world and with that came a gradual disinterest of keeping record of everything that went on. I no longer care to remember specific dates (I was quite startled when I woke up to a "Happy Birthday" one morning), past emotional experiences, and really any material that I have no innate motivation to learn (which is why I've slowly been worsening my school performance). Lately I've been training myself in the art of memory deletion... I think I'm quite adept at forgetting and ignoring memories or thoughts that are of harm or no benefit to my mind.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
An interesting thread! :yes: I can relate to some things, like, there are certain comforts/routines I take great pleasure in - I love relaxing and having tea before heading to work in the morning, a glass of good wine/ good foods, a warm bath; I also associate music with time periods of my life.....

Beyond that though, I don't know that I can identify with what's being described by many; I love new things/experiences, new places, find the unknown somewhat exhilarating/ I feel 'alive', and I start feeling more constricted and bored when things seem too much the same/repetitive, and then I need change; too much of the same every day becomes unbearable, in a sense.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've always suspected that a good number of the literary masterpieces supposedly penned by INFPs and INFJs...

came from ISFJ pens.

Yes indeed whoever thinks of the pen. Those that spilt their life blood for the chance at greatness. Whose very essence transformed the minds and societies of the world. For every 18 karat gold nib Mont Blanc Edgar Ellen Poe pen; how many others languish in obscurity! Woe to us that forget the flow of ink that shapes us.

Si for me manifests in occasional bouts of very bizzarely specific hypochondria.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Forgetting that I was hold my bowels, but yet still managing to do so.

"Hey I need to go to the bathroom, wait, well actually didn't you hear about what went on the news today? Yeah. Isn't that funny? Haha? Wait.. what was I doing? OH yeah I need to go to the bathroom! (In my mind: Dr. Oz says that I need to always let it out as soon as it is reasonable to do so)."

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
An interesting thread! :yes: I can relate to some things, like, there are certain comforts/routines I take great pleasure in - I love relaxing and having tea before heading to work in the morning, a glass of good wine/ good foods, a warm bath; I also associate music with time periods of my life.....

That is Se all the way. Associating experiences in the past with the present is also Se. Si doesn't imply "past" or "memory." But Se does mean free-associated images many of which involve memories.

My wife is ISFP and my step-daughter is ESFP. So yeah, I'm kind of an expert on Se after 9 years of living with them.

Beyond that though, I don't know that I can identify with what's being described by many; I love new things/experiences, new places, find the unknown somewhat exhilarating/ I feel 'alive', and I start feeling more constricted and bored when things seem too much the same/repetitive, and then I need change; too much of the same every day becomes unbearable, in a sense.

100% Se.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I don't care for new places, and prefer the comfort and familiar sensations that comes with my home. I never leave the house that much because I feel vulnerable out in the outside world. Once I actually get out of living with my parents I'd still prefer to choose one place to live my entire life and just remain there, since new sensory experiences give me nothing but anxiety and discomfort.

When it comes to remembering clearly all the details from my past experiences... well over the past few years I've become more and more disconnected from the real world and with that came a gradual disinterest of keeping record of everything that went on. I no longer care to remember specific dates (I was quite startled when I woke up to a "Happy Birthday" one morning), past emotional experiences, and really any material that I have no innate motivation to learn (which is why I've slowly been worsening my school performance). Lately I've been training myself in the art of memory deletion... I think I'm quite adept at forgetting and ignoring memories or thoughts that are of harm or no benefit to my mind.

Mm, I forgot my birthday this year until the day of, realized... And realized I didn't care all that much. Forgot one of my closest friends birthdays, have known her nearly all of my life, but she had to pretty much play 20 questions to get a happy birthday from me- but it really wasn't at all because I didn't see her as important. I am just not phenomenal at stuff like that, have a poor concept of time in general- and I don't relate to the world well at all, like I am not even there much of the time.

But I would like to move away. I have never been overly sentimental about material things, places do nothing for me- they are just temporary places for me to exist- to work within. I can't learn, at least directly, unless I really want to- otherwise I am just gone before I even realize. I can get into intense binges where I get really ensnared in a topic- completed the entirety of one of my computer courses in one night because it was actually interesting, like learning a new language fluently without having to physically travel- it all just flowed together, building on top of itself, near effortlessly at my own pace, challenging myself. So that is how I decided on that.

There is some Si in all of this.

Si for me manifests in occasional bouts of very bizzarely specific hypochondria.

This to an extent, but I do often have cause to be legitimately sick as well.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Building new experiences, something new. I don't do it very often, but once in a while I'll have something new off the menu or travel somewhere I haven't before. A new beer or bottle of wine or new music.

Yeah.....I'm easily entertained, lol.

The question is... are women with dom Si easily distracted too ?:thinking:

plastic ciel

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Memories. Plus basically what Dark Magician said. Love my own little home, lol

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All these colorful houses laying along the arctic coast just hits me right in the Si. :wubbie: I probably would never leave lol.
DSC_8135.jpg

Jem123

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Si is very unconscious and uncontrollable for me. It just happens. I have so many vivid memories that come up for me. Remembering lectures, even punishments as a kid. Using those experience to drive almost everything I do. How I work with my best efforts, how I look people in the eye (always look them in the eyes) , how I sit, how I walk (always walk with a purpose) , my handwriting after my dad saw it and told me I need to fix it in different ways , how I drive using my blinker in parking lots, my clothes are almost always dark and comfortable and the list goes on and on.

I remember your favorite drink, I know what songs you feel like listening to, I know which movie or show we should watch, I know what you like and what you don't. This isn't intuition though. I learned unconsciously and I recall it on impulse. It just happens. That's Si to me.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Evil. The devil...:D

Good question. I have no idea. I'm not sure. I do think that all Si-dom get this kind of glazed look in their eye as if they are paying more attention to something they can only see. Their eyes turn inward...it's amazing to see. It all looks like magic to me...a stream of the personal imprints of life neatly filed away in a handy rolodex.

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Evil. The devil...:D

Good question. I have no idea. I'm not sure. I do think that all Si-dom get this kind of glazed look in their eye as if they are paying more attention to something they can only see. Their eyes turn inward...it's amazing to see. It all looks like magic to me...a stream of the personal imprints of life neatly filed away in a handy rolodex.

They may just have something in their eye, lol.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Si is very unconscious and uncontrollable for me. It just happens. I have so many vivid memories that come up for me. Remembering lectures, even punishments as a kid. Using those experience to drive almost everything I do. How I work with my best efforts, how I look people in the eye (always look them in the eyes) , how I sit, how I walk (always walk with a purpose) , my handwriting after my dad saw it and told me I need to fix it in different ways , how I drive using my blinker in parking lots, my clothes are almost always dark and comfortable and the list goes on and on.

I remember your favorite drink, I know what songs you feel like listening to, I know which movie or show we should watch, I know what you like and what you don't. This isn't intuition though. I learned unconsciously and I recall it on impulse. It just happens. That's Si to me.

Great post!