• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] How would an unhealthy ISTJ look?

plastic ciel

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm considering writing a story where the lead character is a deeply troubled ISTJ. She is also in a very bad Si-Fi loop.

I want to incorporate both those elements into her character. I would assume that unhealthy and depressed ISTJs fall into a loop where they just do the same thing over and over for comfort? Is that correct? The character is very, very trapped in the past; I believe that is unhealthy Si. I would like to hear opinions, though, as I'm still attempting to fully grasp the cognitive and shadow functions.

As for communicating with others; would she be more likely to be aggressive with her pain (considering her enneagram 5w4 sx?) or keep it inside and zone out?

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
An unhealthy ISTJ would behave like Dexter Morgan, who could also have been in an Si Fi loop (obsessed with his code of honor, trying to recognize his feelings).

plastic ciel

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's a pretty good example, thanks

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm considering writing a story where the lead character is a deeply troubled ISTJ. She is also in a very bad Si-Fi loop.

I want to incorporate both those elements into her character. I would assume that unhealthy and depressed ISTJs fall into a loop where they just do the same thing over and over for comfort? Is that correct? The character is very, very trapped in the past; I believe that is unhealthy Si. I would like to hear opinions, though, as I'm still attempting to fully grasp the cognitive and shadow functions.
That's how I've usually conceived of it, yeah. I agree with you.