• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] ISTJ men, are you ever attracted to INFs?

Are you attracted to INFPs or INFJs?

• Yes, INFPs

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Yes, INFJs

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

indigo_skies

MBTI Type
INFX
Enneagram
9w1
ISTJ men, are you ever attracted to INFPs or INFJs? Do you have a preference between the two? My roommate is an xSTJ and I really admire her responsibility, work ethic, and loyalty and we actually get along pretty well, for the most part. I would love to one day meet a guy with her personality traits. So I was curious to see if you ISTJ guys are ever interested in us INF types for long term relationships.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I'm married to an INFJ. To me NF types are more attractive than ST types. Back in the day when I was still single, I used to look for ENFPs and INFPs, but after a while I knowling stopped doing that. Attractive as they were, they were never going to work. P + J on a daily basis can be very challenging.

Starrynight5

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I can't take the poll not being ISTJ, but I'm INFP and married to an ISTJ. Soo, yeah, attraction was part of it...

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Seriously, only one vote here? :D

stone

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp
I tend to draw XNFPs for some reason that is completely unknown to me, which is good because I don't do well with Ni in the long term.

indigo_skies

MBTI Type
INFX
Enneagram
9w1
Thanks for all the replies so far and to the 2 people who voted.

But come on now, ISTJ guys! Someone should at least break the tie. I've noticed that the SJ forums tend to be nowhere nearly as active as all of the xNxx type forums...but I know you are out there somewhere! ;)

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My dad's an ISTJ, and my mom's an INFP. They've been through a lot, and they're still together. Sometimes I see the relationship I have with my Mom as reminiscent of the relationship between Daniel Craig and Judi Dench in the latest series of Bond movies.

Raspberry_rain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My dad was! My mom is an INFP and they definitely have their share of problems but they love each other tremendously and have been married for almost 23 years.

Ingrid in grids

My ISTJ ex seemed to date INFs almost exclusively.

But he was also a narcissist, and I wonder if they were easy targets.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
This thread shouldn't limit the participants to ISTJs.

START ANOTHER ONE!!!!

LovelySweet

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm also curious about the way the ISTJ men think. What about the INFx that they find attractive? What works and what doesn't?

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, there is something initially attractive about a lot of INFx women, whether J or P. But I'm not turned off by many types right out of the gate, anyway. There can be some underlying "weird" aversion to NFs as well, though, from the ISTJ side. It's kind of a struggle of feelings...ugh.

indigo_skies

MBTI Type
INFX
Enneagram
9w1
Do you ever notice a functional clash between INFJ and ISTJ? Since the two of them use opposite functions. And as for INFPs, is there a noticeable J/P clash on certain things? What is it that you are attracted to about these types?

This thread shouldn't limit the participants to ISTJs.

START ANOTHER ONE!!!!

riva, I would do one for ESTJs too! I might some time, as I like them too. But I feel like there are even fewer ESTJs on here than ISTJs, and as you can see, this poll is not particularly active. ;)

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Do you ever notice a functional clash between INFJ and ISTJ? Since the two of them use opposite functions. And as for INFPs, is there a noticeable J/P clash on certain things? What is it that you are attracted to about these types?

riva, I would do one for ESTJs too! I might some time, as I like them too. But I feel like there are even fewer ESTJs on here than ISTJs, and as you can see, this poll is not particularly active. ;)

Oh i meant this poll should address all mbti types.

stone

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm also curious about the way the ISTJ men think. What about the INFx that they find attractive? What works and what doesn't?
I don't know how to answer this, because the things that attract me aren't type related. I can tell you that I have never dated an INFJ.

stone

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp
Do you ever notice a functional clash between INFJ and ISTJ? Since the two of them use opposite functions.
)
Yes I have. I do not do well with Ni in the long term as I said before: communication can be difficult particularly when my energy levels are low.

JClassic

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I agree the P + J is tough. Its weird though everywhere I online it says that P + J might be good because it might offer the J type flexiblility in a relationship