• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISTJ vs ISTP

Quajaboy

I made a post in the What's My Type Forum http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/what-s-my-type-/76293-ixxx.html

My initial thinking was ISTJ however the response in the thread was ISTP.

I really don't want to get specifics from my end yet. As I'm not well versed in myer briggs in the slightest.So don't want to spout uninformed fallacies.Though i imagine that past paragraph could be telling to someone in the know.

So what are the differences exactly?

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
They have no functions in common

Ti-Se-Ni-Fe ISTJ
Si-Te-Fi-Ne ISTP

KitchenFly

Ti-Se-Ni-Fe ISTJ
Si-Te-Fi-Ne ISTP

In fact they have a perfect compliment for there role the ISTJ has a connection with the INTFP and the ISTP has a connection with the ESNTJ.

The ISTJ has the ISTP auxiliary wing as its mood and the ISTP has ISTJ auxiliary wing as its mood.

Conches Point:3 - ISTJ 3w2 , auxiliary wing Point:2 - 2w1 agenda , second wing Point:4 - 4w3 ENFP mood.

Conches Point:3 -ISTP 3w4 , auxiliary wing Point::4 - 4w5 agenda , second wing Point:2 - 2w3 ISFJ mood.

The INTFP is not recognised but it is one of the two missing types and the other missing type is the ESNTJ.

On the enneagram these to types can be found at the subsidiary Points for both the 3w2 and the 3w4. The subsidiary wings for the three's is Points five and one.

I myself define these to types as being part of a component I define as the principle of unification. I have not a complete model of there workings because the complexity is vast all types are interconnected and there are many components operations between all nine points.

So it maybe easier to disregard my input but I shear it because the reader my have like me an awareness of these nuances and may kind comfort in knowing that another senses an awareness of these two types.

The So/Sx as an example draws upon the ESNTJ for its Instinctual capacities we can see this reasonably clearly within both the 9w1 So/Sx and the 5w4 So/Sx and the 4w5 So/Sx. if we have the savvy to observe and distinguish the subtleties and nuances of the sensitivities and sensibilities of these two types. Both types are components of the construct of both parts of the principle of unification.

I will not push the subject matter but I leave it for the reader to investigate.

KitchenFly

Ti-Se-Ni-Fe ISTJ
Si-Te-Fi-Ne ISTP

In fact they have a perfect compliment for there role the ISTJ has a connection with the INTFP and the ISTP has a connection with the ESNTJ.

The ISTJ has the ISTP within its Tri-type and the ISTP has ISTJ within its Tri-type.

The INTFP is not recognised but it is one of the two missing types and the other missing type is the ESNTJ.

On the enneagram these to types can be found at the subsidiary Points for both the 3w2 and the 3w4. The subsidiary wings for the three's is Points five and one.

I myself define these to types as being part of a component I define as the principle of unification. I have not a complete model of there workings because the complexity is vast all types are interconnected and there are many components operations between all nine points.

So it maybe easier to disregard my input but I shear it because the reader my have like me an awareness of these nuances and may kind comfort in knowing that another senses an awareness of these two types.

The So/Sx as an example draws upon the ESNTJ for its Instinctual capacities we can see this reasonably clearly within both the 9w1 So/Sx and the 5w4 So/Sx if we have the savvy to observe and distinguish the subtleties and nuances of the sensitivities and sensibilities of these two types. Both types are components of the construct of both parts of the principle of unification.

I will not push the subject matter but I leave it for the reader to investigate.View attachment 13608

View attachment 13610

vaulttec

MBTI Type
ESTJ
ISTJs have very simple lives and they are completely comfortable with that. Their lives are small snow globes. They prefer to not have anyone enter it and they like how stable things are.

ISTPs also can find themselves inside a snow globe, but if they ever do, they'll break the glass apart and start exploring the outside universe.